5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device not supported

Wtray

Reaction score
Add me to the list of Device not supported. Happened after my phone was connected via Bluetooth then went to plug it in for Car Play and it started with this error just like everyone is describing.

I was however able to get it to go away by doing the following.
1. update my Iphone to latest software.
2. delete the pairing of my phone from uconnect as well as via the phone.
3. re-pair the devices via bluetooth.
4. plug in via USB.
5. device recognized, Car Play returned and error disappeared.

Don't know if this will help everyone but it just fixed my issue.

jlipari001

Reaction score
so just curious are there any solutions this problem it seems to be happening pretty consistently across the board

jlipari001

Reaction score
I also just tried connecting my ipod in my neighbor's new dodge ram same error message

Wtray

Reaction score
Can you connect your phone? I-phone or Android? Mine started doing this and then I updated my phone and was able to get it to go away. Your IPOD may be outdated and unable to obtain the latest updates, but you want to make sure it is either the truck or the IPOD with the issue.

jlipari001

Reaction score
Can you connect your phone? I-phone or Android? Mine started doing this and then I updated my phone and was able to get it to go away. Your IPOD may be outdated and unable to obtain the latest updates, but you want to make sure it is either the truck or the IPOD with the issue.
yes both my iPhone and android connect, I think it's because the IPOD could be an outdated device but it does have the most recent software on it I confirmed that as well in my neighbors dodge

stalkerish

Reaction score
To those of you that had the dealer replace the media hub, what steps did you take the dealer to resolve this issue? They have already replaced my radio but refuse to go any farther stating it is a software issue that I must wait for. Its been well over a month with this pop up. I have not been pleased with the dealer experience thus far. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Wtray

Reaction score
To those of you that had the dealer replace the media hub, what steps did you take the dealer to resolve this issue? They have already replaced my radio but refuse to go any farther stating it is a software issue that I must wait for. Its been well over a month with this pop up. I have not been pleased with the dealer experience thus far. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
If they have any RAMs on the lot. plug your phone into one of them and prove it will work. If it works there, then it isn't software.

stalkerish

Reaction score
If they have any RAMs on the lot. plug your phone into one of them and prove it will work. If it works there, then it isn't software.

Tried that tactic, but they said "none on the lot are having issues" yet, in the same breath state, "we see this issue all the time and its software related." Its pretty frustrating.

Javerso

Reaction score
I’ve had my Ram for over 2 years. Never had an issue until yesterday. It’s nonstop and very annoying. I have NOTHING connected and phone was powered off. And yet still have the issue. Every 2 min. Have an appt with dealer on the 30th. Soooooo far away.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had my Ram for over 2 years. Never had an issue until yesterday. It’s nonstop and very annoying. I have NOTHING connected and phone was powered off. And yet still have the issue. Every 2 min. Have an appt with dealer on the 30th. Soooooo far away.
Disconnect negetive battery cable for a few minutes and reconnect will most likely fix.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

stalkerish

Reaction score
If the battery trick doesnt work, try cleaning each usb port with a little rubbing alcohol and canned air. Work an old usb plug in and out. Fixed mine today with this trick after the dealer had no luck after replacing the radio and stating it was a software issue.

paulcakman

Reaction score
Delete your phone entirely from your paired phones in Uconnect. Turn the rruck off for about an hour..
Make sure all Google apps are updated and then go in and clear the caches of Google, Google chrome, Play services, Uconnect, Maps, waze and Android Auto.

Restart your phone.

Turn on the truck and repair your phone via Bluetooth.
Plug in your phone via USB port #1.
Follow prompts for Android Auto setup if asked.

You should see the Android Auto icon on your screen.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

paulcakman

Reaction score
Make sure you Delete/Forget Phone from settings in paired phones from your media hub too. Then repair after above.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

k4thdan

Reaction score
What did the dealer do to fix your issue?

lt00273

Reaction score
Did you get this resolved if so how was it fixed

LV426

Reaction score
I wonder if these are "update issue's" where the phones continually gets updates to be current (Android/Apple) but the truck radio never gets updated and then things are sort of out of sync...?
It's beyond me that they don't update this 12" system for performance tweaks, security, fix some bugs, etc.... Instead they bailed on it and moved on to the next series of Uconnect.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wonder if these are "update issue's" where the phones continually gets updates to be current (Android/Apple) but the truck radio never gets updated and then things are sort of out of sync...?
It's beyond me that they don't update this 12" system for performance tweaks, security, fix some bugs, etc.... Instead they bailed on it and moved on to the next series of Uconnect.
Yep! Don’t expect much more support on U4.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Agree with you. I believe I only got three updates in three years on mine. Pretty pathetic.

Wilrob

Reaction score
I have been having this problem since I got my truck in 2020 I even posted a thread about it myself and I finally fixed it!!! It's the media hub. I have a 2019 1500 laramie 12 inch uconnect. I went to the dealership and picked a new one up for 50 bucks and it's super easy to change. You have to remove the console which is only 6 bolts 10mm. The old one pulls out and the new one snaps in. I youtubed 2019 ram console removal and a guy was putting lights in his interior but during that he gives instructions on removing console. It to me about 45 minutes to get it done and back together. Hope this helps someone.

Users who are viewing this thread