5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect subwoofer amp with 8.4 screen and 6 speaker system

craulston

Reaction score
Any update on this??? Just ordered one tonight before I read this post.

Only some text messages back and forth.
They were very quick to respond via text however I don't think we are communicating very well.
I sent an email to follow up.

I would expect this harness to resemble the PAC "ANC-CH01" that is getting ready to come out but it does not.

It is just a straight thru connector for the ANC.

craulston

Reaction score
Only some text messages back and forth.
They were very quick to respond via text however I don't think we are communicating very well.
I sent an email to follow up.

I would expect this harness to resemble the PAC "ANC-CH01" that is getting ready to come out but it does not.

It is just a straight thru connector for the ANC.

Alright, just got back to this.

Everything works as expected with the harness from LLC customs!

Fartknocker

Reaction score
Yes. You get get a male and female plug for both the 22 pin (ANC input) and 16 pin (ANC output).
So i could buy this harness, all plug in and no cutting? And wire an audio control lc2i off of it as to not cut into factory wires? And it bypasses the anc?

Fartknocker

Reaction score
There’s a lot of info to process for sure. Doesn’t help that Ram has made upgrading audio especially tricky. Here’s my two cents. Take things in steps:

- first upgrade your two dash 3.5’s (middle one is blank on the base setup). Popular choices are Infinity, JL Audio, Kicker, JBL. You will need metra harnesses. If you purchase your speakers from Crutchfield they will include for free.
- next you can upgrade you door 6x9’s. The door panels are in tight. First one is a huge pita. After that you will get the hang of it. Check these audio threads for how to remove door panels. If you can’t find the info let us know and we will point you to it. Speakers choices are largely same as above.
This is also where the anc drone is most likely to creep up. You can try matching the phase of the stock speakers by: checking the phase, then making sure metra harness and new speaker match, if not, swap the metra pins/wires.....otherwise you can just choose to disconnect/bypass the anc completely (see below). Keep in mind that if you add an amp you will have to verify/correct phase of certain speakers by swapping polarity....this can be check and done at the amp. No biggie.
- when deciding to bypass/disconnect the anc you have a couple of options. 1.) Follow the instructions for unpinning the anc mics 2.) purchase a $20 anc bypass harness or 3.) purchase a new wiring harness adapter (link below) for $40 that will allow you to easily connect an amp(s)/subs and then you can either unpin/cut the anc wires in this harness (doesn’t matter if you cut since you can simply remove this harness down the road and return to stock).

If you tackle it in pieces like this it won’t seem as overwhelming and things will make more sense as you go along. Ask questions along the way. Keep us posted. Here’s the harness which allows simple connections for your speaker ins/outs so you can connect a sub/amp. It connects right into your anc harness under the driver’s seat.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-Wjp3g...C-APH-CH01-AmpPro-Harness.html?omnews=2795447
So this harness plugs into the anc amp under the driver seat? If im only adding a sub do i then have to wire the factory speakers back in? Or does everything work fine just plugging it in and i have EXTRA speaker leads to wire in an lc2i? In addition to bypassing the anc?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So this harness plugs into the anc amp under the driver seat? If im only adding a sub do i then have to wire the factory speakers back in? Or does everything work fine just plugging it in and i have EXTRA speaker leads to wire in an lc2i? In addition to bypassing the anc?

If you are just adding a sub there are a couple ways to go. You can try just adding a self powered sub like a cerwin Vega or kicker, lrobbi has some great posts on this, and you can try not even messing with the anc. If you go this route you can just tap the speaker wires in one of the pillars etc, again see lrobbi's posts on this for good info.

If you would like to add an amp for the speakers and or the sub, the anc will almost certainly need to be bypassed. You can either choose the harness from lljcustoms, which only bypasses the anc, or you can go with that pac harness which gives you the tails for the speakers in/out. That will allow you to connect amps, locs, etc to the speaker tails without splicing into the anc harness. It also allows you to control whether or not you want to have the anc (mic wires).

craulston

Reaction score
So i could buy this harness, all plug in and no cutting? And wire an audio control lc2i off of it as to not cut into factory wires? And it bypasses the anc?
Yes!

I used an Audio Control LC.1.1500, has the LC tech built in, so only one piece of hardware.
I grabbed the audio signal off of the this harness and installed it in-line between the factory harness and ANC.

Working perfectly!

Fartknocker

Reaction score
Yes!

I used an Audio Control LC.1.1500, has the LC tech built in, so only one piece of hardware.
I grabbed the audio signal off of the this harness and installed it in-line between the factory harness and ANC.

Working perfectly!
Thank you. One more question...I have the wiring schematics for the factory anc/amp. When wiring in the sub is it preferred to tap into the rear speaker inputs into the amp or the outputs? Im assuming ill use the rear door speakers for a signal but i see both rear speaker inputs labeled as well as rear door speakers pos and negs.

craulston

Reaction score
Thank you. One more question...I have the wiring schematics for the factory anc/amp. When wiring in the sub is it preferred to tap into the rear speaker inputs into the amp or the outputs? Im assuming ill use the rear door speakers for a signal but i see both rear speaker inputs labeled as well as rear door speakers pos and negs.
I tapped into the left rear door speaker at the ANC harness.

merdon1332000

Reaction score
Great information. Seems like most of this is to just power a sub amp, let's say I want to runa 5 channel amp. Would all still apply?
4 channel to power doors and 1 for subs?
Looking at the audio control LC6-1200(i think), would I still need the AP4-CH41 and ANC - CH01?

merdon1332000

Reaction score
Finally got mine done. Removed ANC module under drivers seat and used ACH4 harness to tap into the input for speakers there with a Rockford Fosgate DSR1. Ran wiring down door sills to back seats for amp, then back under driver seat for output to speakers. Both input and outputs are available there because of ANC.

I decided to go with a 5 channel amp to power all the Kickers I installed in place of factory dash/doors and the JL 10TW3-D8 sub. Sound deadening installed in all of the doors and some in the rear under flooring. Covered back of cab with it too behind back seats while I had those out trying to figure out what to do.

Hell of a project compared to what it used to be. But, I never cut a factory harness. That made things more costly/time consuming. Everything looks and sounds awesome now.
2c2d1e936331692c5854b07db625ac50.jpg
b69818a71f139a47497daf45b12c5094.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who makes your Box?

Mark313

Reaction score
I recently had installed a JL Audio system consisting of : (4) C2-690tx door speakers, a Stealthbox with 10" W3v3 subwoofer all powered by a VX700/5i and all I can say is this sounds incredible to this old guy especially coming from the base system! All this new stuff is way beyond me so I cannot help with any tech advice other than I cut the ANC wires myself since I had the help of this forum. My installer was not familiar with the Ram ANC so after the install i took care of that problem!

delosh

Reaction score
I recently had installed a JL Audio system consisting of : (4) C2-690tx door speakers, a Stealthbox with 10" W3v3 subwoofer all powered by a VX700/5i and all I can say is this sounds incredible to this old guy especially coming from the base system! All this new stuff is way beyond me so I cannot help with any tech advice other than I cut the ANC wires myself since I had the help of this forum. My installer was not familiar with the Ram ANC so after the install i took care of that problem!

What Stealthbox? There isn't one listed yet on JL's site for a 2019.

Mark313

Reaction score
What Stealthbox? There isn't one listed yet on JL's site for a 2019.
The one I listed is for the Gen 4, not a perfect glove like fit but works in the Gen 5. Best solution for me. And it sounds great.

delosh

Reaction score
The one I listed is for the Gen 4, not a perfect glove like fit but works in the Gen 5. Best solution for me. And it sounds great.

Ahh, thank you. I just spent 2 months fabricating an extremely intricate enclosure (which I love) because there was no 5th Gen Stealthbox. I thought maybe they JUST released one or something.

DSmith1178

Reaction score

I just contacted JL and they confirmed they have a stealthbox for 5th gen crewcabs that will be out late Dec/ early Jan 2020. They didnt give any clues about it though. Hope this helps for anybody interested in the stealthboxes. Pricey but awesome. Ive owned several over the years.

Mark313

Reaction score
I just contacted JL and they confirmed they have a stealthbox for 5th gen crewcabs that will be out late Dec/ early Jan 2020. They didnt give any clues about it though. Hope this helps for anybody interested in the stealthboxes. Pricey but awesome. Ive owned several over the years.
Just an fyi, doesn't look to bad

Attachments

• 20191126_185953.jpg
    20191126_185953.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 284

BigFudge

Reaction score
A lot of great info here and I've read it front to back. Maybe I've missed it but does the PAC AP4-CH4 work with the 12" UConnect with the premium Harmon Kardon system? I just purchased my 19' 2500 Laramie Mega Cab and have been toying with the idea of upgrading the bass more to my liking. The factory sub sounds decent, but in my younger years I was a bit of a bass-head so the current setup is a little lack luster.

Just trying to find out what I need to do before I even start planning the actual enclosure and sub options.

Thanks!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A lot of great info here and I've read it front to back. Maybe I've missed it but does the PAC AP4-CH4 work with the 12" UConnect with the premium Harmon Kardon system? I just purchased my 19' 2500 Laramie Mega Cab and have been toying with the idea of upgrading the bass more to my liking. The factory sub sounds decent, but in my younger years I was a bit of a bass-head so the current setup is a little lack luster.

Just trying to find out what I need to do before I even start planning the actual enclosure and sub options.

Thanks!

yes sir

Users who are viewing this thread