5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect subwoofer amp with 8.4 screen and 6 speaker system

FFemerson

Reaction score
So I got my PAC APH-CH01 today. How do I use this thing? Specifically:

I have the 8.4 6 speaker in my truck. I want to keep the speakers powered by the factory deck, but I want to wire in a LOC and disconnect the ANC. I can’t figure out which wires to connect to the LOC, and which to ship for the ANC to be disabled.

RichInMN

Reaction score
So I got my PAC APH-CH01 today. How do I use this thing? Specifically:

I have the 8.4 6 speaker in my truck. I want to keep the speakers powered by the factory deck, but I want to wire in a LOC and disconnect the ANC. I can’t figure out which wires to connect to the LOC, and which to ship for the ANC to be disabled.
Here are the white plug wires you can tap for your LOC, the rears are what you want.

Edit: ANC wiring diagram attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200105-102024_Opera~01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200105-102024_Opera~01.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 264
  • anc wiring.png
    anc wiring.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

FFemerson

Reaction score
Here are the white plug wires you can tap for your LOC, the rears are what you want.

Edit: ANC wiring diagram attached.
Thanks. This thing was actually super easy to wire up. Lots of extra wires since I have the 6 speaker system, that’s what was throwing me off. But I have now successfully added an amp and bypassed the ANC.

just and FYI for anyone else decides to use the APH-CH01, it comes already setup with the ANC bypassed, so there’s no snipping of wires or anything.

also, if you are looking for an affordable LOC, the Schosche LOC2SL works without having to add any resisters or anything, and is usually about $20 on Amazon, with a remote knob.

Last edited:

Mark985

Reaction score

Anyone know if I can use this harness instead of the PAC ch01 harness. It looks like it will completely remove the ANC module/amp. is it ok to fully remove the anc?I am adding 2 amps for all my speakers so I will not need the anc module anyway. I have the base 6 speaker system.

RichInMN

Reaction score

Anyone know if I can use this harness instead of the PAC ch01 harness. It looks like it will completely remove the ANC module/amp. is it ok to fully remove the anc?I am adding 2 amps for all my speakers so I will not need the anc module anyway. I have the base 6 speaker system.
Looks to me like that would work if you cut the black plug off and tap those wires for your LOC or DSP. It's certainly a lot cheaper than the PAC package.

I bypassed the ANC completely but left it powered up just in case it threw codes to have it completely disconnected. Probably unnecessary though. Good luck and let us know if it works out!

Shives

Reaction score
Has anyone thought of using the factory Harmon Kardon or Alpine factory sub box for their install? With the basic 6 speaker, I’m considering buying the enclosure for my sub. I want something that won’t take up space.
I see I can buy both versions (I think) sort of cheep.
Considering starting here and seeing if this is enough sound.
Things I’ve learned and done.
ANC is disconnected. I’ve learned that audio from a USB source sucks compared to Bluetooth, least in my truck volume is louder! Also, I’ve just gone ahead and balanced the speakers more towards the front. This has allowed louder volume and a little deeper bass, seeing the deck is not trying to power the rears that hard. This has made improvements.

So, I’m wondering if anyone has thought of this, or done it! Got the enclosure and pulled the sub, or used.

Goal, decent sound. I came from a 2016 Big horn Apline. And the stock system in my 19 BlackOut is.... well just beyond lacking.

I’ve done my days of competing. SPL and HQ.Today, I just need loud good music to keep my soul at bay. Keep that depression away with loud music everyday!

So...Lol.

papester

Reaction score
Has anyone thought of using the factory Harmon Kardon or Alpine factory sub box for their install? With the basic 6 speaker, I’m considering buying the enclosure for my sub. I want something that won’t take up space.
I see I can buy both versions (I think) sort of cheep.
Considering starting here and seeing if this is enough sound.
Things I’ve learned and done.
ANC is disconnected. I’ve learned that audio from a USB source sucks compared to Bluetooth, least in my truck volume is louder! Also, I’ve just gone ahead and balanced the speakers more towards the front. This has allowed louder volume and a little deeper bass, seeing the deck is not trying to power the rears that hard. This has made improvements.

So, I’m wondering if anyone has thought of this, or done it! Got the enclosure and pulled the sub, or used.

Goal, decent sound. I came from a 2016 Big horn Apline. And the stock system in my 19 BlackOut is.... well just beyond lacking.

I’ve done my days of competing. SPL and HQ.Today, I just need loud good music to keep my soul at bay. Keep that depression away with loud music everyday!

So...Lol.
I picked up the HK Sub Box with the idea of using it and replacing the subwoofer with an aftermarket one and then adding a mono block amp. The problem is finding a subwoofer that will fit in the OEM box. I don't want to take any floor space with the subwoofer so i thought this could be a good alternative. May have to try a 8" sub with an adapter ring.

Shives

Reaction score
Ok.... so you bought the HK version.... I’m guessing the Alpine version has the Alpine sub.... BUT knowing manufactures... I’m wondering if it actually is two different subs.
Guessing both are dual voice coil!?

has anyone tried just hooking it up with an aftermarket amp!? I’m finding low prices online for these... 100-140 alpine-HK. Shipped.
So, Like I was saying.... Considering hooking up the sub.

also, has anyone else noticed what I posted above with USB vs. Bluetooth and quality?

anyways.... looking to pull this trigger... Just wanted to see what anyone else says... Or maybe I should make this anothernew post!?
Thoughts!?
Thanks much!

I’m also located in Western Mass... And Service Director for Harley. If anyone is around me...

papester

Reaction score
Ok.... so you bought the HK version.... I’m guessing the Alpine version has the Alpine sub.... BUT knowing manufactures... I’m wondering if it actually is two different subs.
Guessing both are dual voice coil!?

has anyone tried just hooking it up with an aftermarket amp!? I’m finding low prices online for these... 100-140 alpine-HK. Shipped.
So, Like I was saying.... Considering hooking up the sub.

also, has anyone else noticed what I posted above with USB vs. Bluetooth and quality?

anyways.... looking to pull this trigger... Just wanted to see what anyone else says... Or maybe I should make this anothernew post!?
Thoughts!?
Thanks much!

I’m also located in Western Mass... And Service Director for Harley. If anyone is around me...
The HK version only has two connectors in the factory plug so it looks to be a single coil subwoofer. I already tried the Pioneer shallow 10" and it was about 2" deeper then the factory subwoofer.

Shives

Reaction score
Check out JL audio shallow drivers. What pioneer? This is little over 3 inch. How deep was factory driver!?

Attachments

• CC116D37-C665-4A59-B998-52FF8EA529D4.png
    CC116D37-C665-4A59-B998-52FF8EA529D4.png
    190.7 KB · Views: 85

papester

Reaction score
Check out JL audio shallow drivers. What pioneer? This is little over 3 inch. How deep was factory driver!?
It was the TS-SW2502S4 and was about a good 1 1/2" to big. The original woofer is only about 2 " deep. I could not find any 10" that would fit. I'm thinking an 8" with a 3/4" thick adapter plate made from either MDF or Plywood.

CusackT

Reaction score
Finally got mine done. Removed ANC module under drivers seat and used ACH4 harness to tap into the input for speakers there with a Rockford Fosgate DSR1. Ran wiring down door sills to back seats for amp, then back under driver seat for output to speakers. Both input and outputs are available there because of ANC.

I decided to go with a 5 channel amp to power all the Kickers I installed in place of factory dash/doors and the JL 10TW3-D8 sub. Sound deadening installed in all of the doors and some in the rear under flooring. Covered back of cab with it too behind back seats while I had those out trying to figure out what to do.

Hell of a project compared to what it used to be. But, I never cut a factory harness. That made things more costly/time consuming. Everything looks and sounds awesome now.
2c2d1e936331692c5854b07db625ac50.jpg
b69818a71f139a47497daf45b12c5094.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 5 inch sceeen or 8.4

Shives

Reaction score
It was the TS-SW2502S4 and was about a good 1 1/2" to big. The original woofer is only about 2 " deep. I could not find any 10" that would fit. I'm thinking an 8" with a 3/4" thick adapter plate made from either MDF or Plywood.
Brain fart, why not the 10 with a 3/4 spacer? lol same result.. back to 10, little deeper base. played with 8's don't go low enough for most music.

RichInMN

Reaction score
has anyone tried to replace the factory ANC with: https://www.factorychryslerparts.co...-Speakers-wSubwoofer/13260044/68441768AA.html ?

I'm curious if the wiring harness is the same and the ANC can just be replaced with the ANC/Amplifier module for the alpine system.
The signal coming from the head unit is different in the Alpine system - it's a low-level & Canbus data signal, vs the high-level (amplified) signal from the base 6 head unit - so a direct swap of ANC for Alpine system's ANC/Amp is not possible.

_m_craig_

Reaction score
The signal coming from the head unit is different in the Alpine system - it's a low-level & Canbus data signal, vs the high-level (amplified) signal from the base 6 head unit - so a direct swap of ANC for Alpine system's ANC/Amp is not possible.
I thought that the ANC was still the amplifier in the base audio system. The base ANC and Alpine ANC/Amplifier seem to have the same connectors and 4 channel outputs. Has anyone been able to verify that they are indeed different pinouts? I can't find wiring diagrams and since the upgrade isn't that expensive from the factory it seems to me that the wiring would already be implemented for the upgrade so the dealership can do it easily.

edehosse

Reaction score
When I installed my front amp and sub to the base 6 system, I used the PAC ANC-CH01 to bypass the noise cancelling. Super easy setup. I just cut the harness to the black plug (speaker out), feeding high level inputs to a 4-channel front/rear amp, and high level rear output to a powered sub enclosure. By no means will the setup win any competitions, but the difference over the base system is night and day.

All factory wiring is intact, so everything could be eliminated in the future. This harness also keeps power and CANBUS connections to the ANC module to avoid throwing codes.

A4M5_1_20200311577942939.jpg

dsn112

Reaction score
When I installed my front amp and sub to the base 6 system, I used the PAC ANC-CH01 to bypass the noise cancelling. Super easy setup. I just cut the harness to the black plug (speaker out), feeding high level inputs to a 4-channel front/rear amp, and high level rear output to a powered sub enclosure. By no means will the setup win any competitions, but the difference over the base system is night and day.

All factory wiring is intact, so everything could be eliminated in the future. This harness also keeps power and CANBUS connections to the ANC module to avoid throwing codes.

View attachment 59313
My ANC unit is sitting in my garage. Everything works as it should without it in the truck. No codes, no nothing.

I didn't cut anything either, just used a bypass harness that didn't plug back into the anc.

R6six6

Reaction score
For everyone who has bypassed the ANC, has there been any issues with the phone calls sounding bad on either end?

Users who are viewing this thread