5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center Console Squeak

768mph

Reaction score
Went to the dealer today and had the techs look at my squeaky console lid. Two minutes later, they were ordering a new lid. Supposed to be in within the week and with work... another 2 weeks till I can drop it off and get it replaced.
I was told mine would be in within a week too...a month ago. Still waiting on a new latch for rear drivers seat recline. Been 3 months so far.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My console has the same annoying squeak. Doesn't bother me as much as my wife. I'm not so sure I want to be beating on it to "fix" it though. I am glad to hear some are getting it replaced and that works. I will be bringing this up at my first oil change also, thanks for the info.
So sorry to hear your wife is a bigger bother than the console squeak........lol.......I know what you meant, I just read it differently and got a chuckle. No disrespect, just found it funny...:LOL: Mine actually squeaks when wife (passenger) rests her left arm on right side of console armrest! Doesn't squeak when just me in rig :)

sass

Reaction score
Went to the dealer today and had the techs look at my squeaky console lid. Two minutes later, they were ordering a new lid. Supposed to be in within the week and with work... another 2 weeks till I can drop it off and get it replaced.

I got my new lid replaced on Tuesday... pretty timely done I say.

RebelMike

Reaction score
So sorry to hear your wife is a bigger bother than the console squeak........lol.......I know what you meant, I just read it differently and got a chuckle. No disrespect, just found it funny...:LOL: Mine actually squeaks when wife (passenger) rests her left arm on right side of console armrest! Doesn't squeak when just me in rig :)
Hahaha, I suppose that could have been taken either way. There are definitely days, trust me. :)

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Had the squeek. Gave it a whack or 2 and it went away and then came back. Took it in and they ordered a lid, but said it was on backorder with no ETA. Literally, no ETA.

Will get it fixed just whenever I guess. Who knows.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. Dropped my truck at the dealer on Wednesday, and that was one of the issues. They are replacing the console lid (and adding freon, swapping LED ambient lighting around glovebox, and hopefully swapping brake pads for the squeal). Should know later if it will be ready this afternoon.
What exactly is the issue with the ambient lighting? I have the problem where the right side top of the glove box shows the light through more than the rest of the top. All of my ambient works it's just uneven across the top of the glove box. Are they swapping the box?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
What exactly is the issue with the ambient lighting? I have the problem where the right side top of the glove box shows the light through more than the rest of the top. All of my ambient works it's just uneven across the top of the glove box. Are they swapping the box?
In my case, the ambient lighting was dead across the whole top of the glovebox. They replace the LED module and it is perfect now.

Before and after:

IMG_4328.jpg IMG_0144.jpeg

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks
In my case, the ambient lighting was dead across the whole top of the glovebox. They replace the LED module and it is perfect now.

Before and after:

View attachment 13165 View attachment 13166
Looks good. Unfortunately mine suffers from the uneven issue wher the right top leaks more light. I'm afraid to have the dealer address it as I looked up what needs to be done and it's a lot of dash pieces that need to be removed.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Looks

Looks good. Unfortunately mine suffers from the uneven issue wher the right top leaks more light. I'm afraid to have the dealer address it as I looked up what needs to be done and it's a lot of dash pieces that need to be removed.
FWIW, I had the same concerns, but needed it fixed. Turns out they were unfounded and I could not even tell anyone had removed anything or done any work.

Nettag7

Reaction score
Went to dealer with same problem with the center console. Dealer ordered and recieved the new lid with in 24 hrs. Good thing the truck is under warranty, they showed me the price for a new lid and is cost them $810. Lol wow just for a console lid.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Went to dealer with same problem with the center console. Dealer ordered and recieved the new lid with in 24 hrs. Good thing the truck is under warranty, they showed me the price for a new lid and is cost them $810. Lol wow just for a console lid.
Yikes. Wasn’t aware it was that much. They replaced mine in October for this same issues. No problems since.

Cheers,

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yikes. Wasn’t aware it was that much. They replaced mine in October for this same issues. No problems since.

Cheers,
Ouch! Mine was replaced in November because the cutout around the Limited was uneven and crappy looking. Nice to have it done for free.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Taking mine in Tomorrow for the Console lid squeak (STAR case S1923000006) really don't want a $800 bill for that!!! Also taking it in for brake squeal (TSB 05-001-19) and the recall on the Power Steering ground cable and Power Pedals (V04 2019 DT GROUND CABLE & V07 2019 DT ADJUSTABLE BRAKE PEDAL). Plus I might as well get a free oil change before I switch to Synthetic at about ~10,000 miles.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Taking mine in Tomorrow for the Console lid squeak (STAR case S1923000006) really don't want a $800 bill for that!!! Also taking it in for brake squeal (TSB 05-001-19) and the recall on the Power Steering ground cable and Power Pedals (V04 2019 DT GROUND CABLE & V07 2019 DT ADJUSTABLE BRAKE PEDAL). Plus I might as well get a free oil change before I switch to Synthetic at about ~10,000 miles.
My dealer told me they didn't have the parts for the recall notices yet...

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They ordered the new Center Console Lid. They said they couldn't reproduce the brake squeal and I have noticed that it is not too loud but usually when they brakes are cold. Going to keep monitoring the brakes and follow up to see if the Star report or TSB turns into a free replacement for the brakes.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Mine goes in tomorrow.

1) Took 2 months to get the center control in after being on national back order.
2) I have a video of my brakes squeeking. They will have no choice but to try to fix it as they won't have to reproduce it....since I have audio/video proof. He said they'd look at it tomorrow.
3) Power Steering, will do.
4) Brake pedal, no parts but put in a special order which is supposed to get a part faster. Said they have 70 trucks on their lot that they can't sell because they can't get the parts. Crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread