5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center Console Squeak

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Does anyone else have an annoying squeak when they rest their elbow on the rear portion of the center console? I have the Laramie full console.
Yes. Dropped my truck at the dealer on Wednesday, and that was one of the issues. They are replacing the console lid (and adding freon, swapping LED ambient lighting around glovebox, and hopefully swapping brake pads for the squeal). Should know later if it will be ready this afternoon.

David5.7

Reaction score
My truck also had it but the day before I was going to take to the dealer the noise went away like 1 week ago and hasn't come back

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Nice. I'll add to my list for the first oil change. Thanks.
Yeah, this is what I did. Wasn't about to take it there just of that (or the ambient lighting issue), but since I had a list of things, I went ahead and had them all done at once.

Rob

Reaction score
I had my console lid replaced. Took about a month to get the lid but that was back in april. Also the limited lid is specific. I had front pads and rotors installed and the squeak returned shortly after though

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it vinyl rubbing on vinyl? Happened with the console lid on my front bench seat when I rest my elbow on it. I put some felt pads between the vinyl where it rubbed and it went away.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. Dropped my truck at the dealer on Wednesday, and that was one of the issues. They are replacing the console lid (and adding freon, swapping LED ambient lighting around glovebox, and hopefully swapping brake pads for the squeal). Should know later if it will be ready this afternoon.
It seems like the brake issue is hit or miss with people as far as getting it fixed, some say the dealer tells them that a different factory pad doesn't exist. What is your experience did they acknowledge that a different pad design exists, it would be nice if Ram would release a TSB for the different brake pads.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It seems like the brake issue is hit or miss with people as far as getting it fixed, some say the dealer tells them that a different factory pad exists. What is your experience did they acknowledge that a different pad design exists, it would be nice if Ram would release a TSB for the different brake pads.
IDK yet. Just heard from my service advisor and they're currently replacing the center console and LED strip since they got the replacement parts this morning. From there it goes to the brake technician so I will post back once I talk to him again this evening.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I had my console lid replaced. Took about a month to get the lid but that was back in april. Also the limited lid is specific. I had front pads and rotors installed and the squeak returned shortly after though
Which squeak returned? Console or brakes?

Rob

Reaction score
Brake squeak. Same exact sound also. The new rams have a completely diff brake system. Pads are outsourced to trw. I’m a licensed mechanic myself. Trw is ok. Nothing special. I’ll be upgrading when the aftermarket comes up with diff pads for sure. Center console is the hinge squeak. Hit and miss. New one is perfect so hopefully works out.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just got the truck back from the dealer. Center console was replaced and squeak is gone. Yey!

RebelMike

Reaction score
My console has the same annoying squeak. Doesn't bother me as much as my wife. I'm not so sure I want to be beating on it to "fix" it though. I am glad to hear some are getting it replaced and that works. I will be bringing this up at my first oil change also, thanks for the info.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My console has the same annoying squeak. Doesn't bother me as much as my wife. I'm not so sure I want to be beating on it to "fix" it though. I am glad to hear some are getting it replaced and that works. I will be bringing this up at my first oil change also, thanks for the info.
Yeah, so happy I got mine replaced. Mine squeaked really bad with the slightest pressure.

Here's a copy of the work they performed, just in case.

CtrConsole.png

Cheers,
Neurobit

Users who are viewing this thread