5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center Console Squeak

Bellpa

Reaction score
My console has the same annoying squeak. Doesn't bother me as much as my wife. I'm not so sure I want to be beating on it to "fix" it though. I am glad to hear some are getting it replaced and that works. I will be bringing this up at my first oil change also, thanks for the info.
Zero damage. No more squeak, 100% function. I didn't spend $55k to damage my truck and I've had plenty of trips to the dealers over the years that supposedly fix things. Good luck with your experience at the dealer.

RebelMike

Reaction score
Yeah, so happy I got mine replaced. Mine squeaked really bad with the slightest pressure.

Here's a copy of the work they performed, just in case.

View attachment 7184

Cheers,
Neurobit

Yeah, mine squeaks at the slightest touch also. It sounds like the exact same thing. Thanks for the work list, I will show it to my dealer when I go.

marcd118

Reaction score
Just got my truck back for a number of things. When I brought it in I had the service advisor check it out and he agreed the squeak was horrible. He called yesterday saying they checked the other trucks on the lot and they all do it. I said bs you need to fix it. He called me today and said the tech fixed it. Not sure what he did but it doesn’t squeak at all now.

RebelMike

Reaction score
I would be very interested to know what they did to fix it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just got my truck back for a number of things. When I brought it in I had the service advisor check it out and he agreed the squeak was horrible. He called yesterday saying they checked the other trucks on the lot and they all do it. I said bs you need to fix it. He called me today and said the tech fixed it. Not sure what he did but it doesn’t squeak at all now.
What does the work order say? They should note what was done to fix the issue otherwise they won’t get paid by FCA.

Bellpa

Reaction score
They probably hit it to fix it. LOL

d_THRILL

Reaction score
I would be very interested to know what they did to fix it.

Haha they read this thread and gave it 3 good taps

768mph

Reaction score
Adding this to my list as well, once it arrives. Dealer confirmed it needed a new lid and ordered it.

marcd118

Reaction score
What does the work order say? They should note what was done to fix the issue otherwise they won’t get paid by FCA.

Ok they mailed me the work order. It shows they replace the arm rest with another one on the lot.

natehawes

Reaction score
I have this squeak and notified the service manager at my oil change last week. When I got the truck back he said they “put some grease on it and it should be fine”. I said great, got in my truck, touched that spot and the squeak was right there just as loud. Not a bit of difference. I doubt they actually did anything to it. Not too happy but I couldn’t spend anymore time that day addressing this. Will have to fix it later. I was more than happy to complete the service survey from FCA today.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have this squeak and notified the service manager at my oil change last week. When I got the truck back he said they “put some grease on it and it should be fine”. I said great, got in my truck, touched that spot and the squeak was right there just as loud. Not a bit of difference. I doubt they actually did anything to it. Not too happy but I couldn’t spend anymore time that day addressing this. Will have to fix it later. I was more than happy to complete the service survey from FCA today.
Grease? WTH?
The squeak is the plastic inside the lid creaking. Only fix is to replace it.
Dealer knows this.

SlowArrow

Reaction score
Seriously......it was mentioned earlier that if you smack the top of the console a few times with your fist, the squeak goes away. I did this myself and the squeak really is gone. I wouldn’t let the dealer change, replace, or lubricate anything until I gave that a try

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Seriously......it was mentioned earlier that if you smack the top of the console a few times with your fist, the squeak goes away. I did this myself and the squeak really is gone. I wouldn’t let the dealer change, replace, or lubricate anything until I gave that a try
No doubt. I would have tried this, but I did not know about it until mine had been replaced ( and dealer did fix it w/o issues. Installed new console).

SlowArrow

Reaction score
No doubt. I would have tried this, but I did not know about it until mine had been replaced ( and dealer did fix it w/o issues. Installed new console).

If it stopped the squeak and didn't damage anything in the process - that's what you hope for. I was amazed that just by setting the top (that's what I would call smacking it) the issue went away. If it comes back......I can still have the dealers work on it.

Users who are viewing this thread