5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla S-type exhaust

mk12booze

Reaction score
Oh it definitely doesn’t sound trashy, but I’m feeling if it doesn’t quiet down after this weekend trip, I’ll be ordering the “ Touring “ and putting this one up for sale ASAP.
Can you post a cold and warm start video please. Thanks

dmodem

Reaction score
Oh it definitely doesn’t sound trashy, but I’m feeling if it doesn’t quiet down after this weekend trip, I’ll be ordering the “ Touring “ and putting this one up for sale ASAP.
By trashy, I mean should I install it on my Limited and also place a rebel flag in the bed of my truck, or will its sound still retain the level of a classy, luxury truck?

19BlkRam

Reaction score

Well if that’s the case message me first lol

Mr.Gigglez

Reaction score
Thats disappointing to hear the stype sounds like that , from their video it sounds great ! Waiting to hear the touring now ...but also waiting on word for the group buy ? Whats up with it ?

Cmoar

Reaction score
I’ve spoke to the customer service people about a few options, and they told me the mufflers take 1000/1500 miles to fully break in. Curious how your trip goes.

bdm219

Reaction score
Sound is so subjective. If you video it, it's never spot on. You can be loud (not obnoxious, again, subjective) and still sound good. I have a '17 Mustang with a Roush x-pipe and AWE axle backs. It is loud, especially on a cold start. I've gotten more compliments on that exhaust than any other exhaust, as recently as yesterday from an older guy in a vette.

My long winded post can be summed up by saying, until you hear an exhaust in person, you won't really know what it sounds like. I've had flowmaster, magnaflow, bola etc on various vehicles. I listen to a ton of videos when deciding on an exhaust set-up. It usually sounds better to me after the install than any video sounded.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Got my Borla S-Type Exhaust last week, but not going to get a chance to install it until my vacation during the week of Thanksgiving.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I checked and that “ resonator “ that they are referring to, isn’t even listed as being available. Also based upon my vendor my “ new “ Touring exhaust shall be here by end of next week. This S Type is officially up for sale and feel free tops me about that...

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wait didn’t we have a rep from Borla on here before, what happened with him ?

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait didn’t we have a rep from Borla on here before, what happened with him ?

Guessing off the top of my head, they probably got busy with the SEMA show. Which included (likely) projects before, and makeup work after.

Realistically we here probably have to figure out what Borla exhaust for a group buy, and how many of us there are

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I checked and that “ resonator “ that they are referring to, isn’t even listed as being available. Also based upon my vendor my “ new “ Touring exhaust shall be here by end of next week. This S Type is officially up for sale and feel free tops me about that...

I'm going to take another guess in the dark now that I've thought about this.
What if, you weren't the only guy to say "Too loud" to the S-type exhaust. IIRC there's a guy on another forum who had the same reaction (My apologies if that's you as well!)
Getting this many in quick succession forced development of an add on resonator - they probably have one right now, no part number yet which is probably why they said, "in the future".

I might call them up and ask questions as I've been talking out of my a** these last 2 posts and I'm guessing. I don't know any more than you guys do.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I sent a email to borla customer support asking about the resonator and its availability. Ill keep the thread updated on what I find out.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I sent a email to borla customer support asking about the resonator and its availability. Ill keep the thread updated on what I find out.

Interesting.
It would basically bring us from 3 options to 5.

- Touring
- S-type w/ resonator
- S-type
- ATAK w/ resonator
- ATAK

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If the s type Exhaust is to loud for some people, then what does the atak sound like? lol

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the s type Exhaust is to loud for some people, then what does the atak sound like? lol

Loud enough to give the kid next door with that obnoxious Honda w/ straightpipe on it, Night terrors into his 40s.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Right? Typically Borla isnt known for making really loud exhausts and to me from the videos I've seen the Borla S-Type sounds a lot quieter the Carven Exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread