5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla S-type exhaust

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
I just installed the touring system on mine and it's plenty loud enough for me. I can hear it inside the house, when I use the remote start. It has a good "rumble", but no drone. I'm happy with my decision.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Now see if mine ever gets delivered I too would also be able to try that feeling out. :(

cjgerson

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I sent a email to borla customer support asking about the resonator and its availability. Ill keep the thread updated on what I find out.

We expect to have that released in the first quarter of 2019. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,
Ryan Baker
Borla Performance Industries
Direct: (805) 246-6073

Tjd

Reaction score
We expect to have that released in the first quarter of 2019. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,
Ryan Baker
Borla Performance Industries
Direct: (805) 246-6073

Hi .. do you have anything in the works for the long bed 2019 Rams? Web site appears only to be listing the short beds. thanks

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi .. do you have anything in the works for the long bed 2019 Rams? Web site appears only to be listing the short beds. thanks

Hey man I'm pretty sure that guy's not Borla, you'll have to call em up at the number shown and ask to get an answer!

cjgerson

Reaction score
Yeah I am not Borla was just sharing my email response from them. :)

dmodem

Reaction score
mm.

Well thank you very much for reaching out to them to confirm that, and again a thank you to OP to getting the ball rolling.

Hmm.. Wait a second...
Just a hypothetical, can't volunteer someone for something if they ain't interested and all!

What's the one link we all have to this site?
This site.
Would the Admin(s) here be willing, to handle the money?
What if we sent it to, say, a 5thgenrams paypal account, run by the Admin(s) here.
And they sent it to Borla.

What's in it for the admins here:
- Site reputation further boosted
- A working relationship with a supplier
IIRC they advertise here right? Nothing says "hey this is worthwhile!" like a $10,000 group buy!
- Which could tempt other suppliers and aftermarket companies, "hey lets hop on over to 5GR, Great board with good customers, guys who even put up with Beta testing a $60,000 truck - admins there are legit, very organized group buys", which tempts more companies to advertise
- Very happy, loyal forumites.
Now, I'm fairly sure 14 members aren't going to send $800 or so to another member's "account" for a group buy, but I can't understand why Borla wouldn't be willing to handle the funds or permit individual PayPal transfers, etc. into their corporate account, and once all 14 are received, process the orders.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Now, I'm fairly sure 14 members aren't going to send $800 or so to another member's "account" for a group buy, but I can't understand why Borla wouldn't be willing to handle the funds or permit individual PayPal transfers, etc. into their corporate account, and once all 14 are received, process the orders.
We could all agree to purchase the systems on the same day with a note we are members
of the forum. I wonder if Borla would work with us in that respect. Example set December 15th as the date all orders will be submitted to Borla (not before and not after). Tag in the comments section a coupon code or whatever Borla would prefer.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Ok so I've been in contact with Ryan @ Borla. These are our options:

"There are only two ways this can work.

You pay for everything, and it is all shipped to you on a pallet, and you handle shipping the individual items to the purchasers, or…

You set up a bank account or paypal or whatever for the forum, and have several people deposit funds there until you have what you need, and then you still handle individual shipping."

SO.... Here is my idea:
What do people think about a regional group buy for Central Florida? I have no idea if we can get enough people but it's worth a try.

Your choice of sound level.
$775 for chrome
$800 for black

Structure:
1. I will take no charge pre orders. Once I have 10 committed I'll order and the remainder will be first come first serve.

*** this is one of the first group buys here. It's meant to benefit everyone. Please, do not say you commit unless you are honestly willing and able to follow through.

2. I'll ship but on your own expense and you'd have to pay via PayPal first. You will set your own shipping up I'll just drop it off at the carrier you choose. Dimensions and weight is on Borla's website to see what it will cost you. PM ME FOR ORIGIN ZIP so I can monitor interest.

3. local pick up preferred @ i95 & 524 at the new Flying J... Lights, cameras, ATM, and Wendy's!

4. I'm OK with meeting you pretty much anywhere along the I-4 corridor out to I-95 from New Smyrna to Melbourne.. I'll charge
25 cents/mile roundtrip. That's a breakeven with our trucks mpg but you gotta work with me, I have a family and life too!

IF FEEDBACK IS STRONG AND POSITIVE TODAY, I WILL START AN OFFICIAL THREAD TOMORROW. My truck arrives in 2 weeks so I'm in this with you all.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Ok so I've been in contact with Ryan @ Borla. These are our options:

"There are only two ways this can work.

You pay for everything, and it is all shipped to you on a pallet, and you handle shipping the individual items to the purchasers, or…

You set up a bank account or paypal or whatever for the forum, and have several people deposit funds there until you have what you need, and then you still handle individual shipping."

SO.... Here is my idea:
What do people think about a regional group buy for Central Florida? I have no idea if we can get enough people but it's worth a try.

Your choice of sound level.
$775 for chrome
$800 for black

Structure:
1. I will take no charge pre orders. Once I have 10 committed I'll order and the remainder will be first come first serve.

*** this is one of the first group buys here. It's meant to benefit everyone. Please, do not say you commit unless you are honestly willing and able to follow through.

2. I'll ship but on your own expense and you'd have to pay via PayPal first. You will set your own shipping up I'll just drop it off at the carrier you choose. Dimensions and weight is on Borla's website to see what it will cost you. PM ME FOR ORIGIN ZIP so I can monitor interest.

3. local pick up preferred @ i95 & 524 at the new Flying J... Lights, cameras, ATM, and Wendy's!

4. I'm OK with meeting you pretty much anywhere along the I-4 corridor out to I-95 from New Smyrna to Melbourne.. I'll charge
25 cents/mile roundtrip. That's a breakeven with our trucks mpg but you gotta work with me, I have a family and life too!

IF FEEDBACK IS STRONG AND POSITIVE TODAY, I WILL START AN OFFICIAL THREAD TOMORROW. My truck arrives in 2 weeks so I'm in this with you all.
Why just central Florida? I'd like to be included in the group purchase but I live in western NC. What's to stop shipping to NC as long as I pay for shipping?

Cannonball

Reaction score
Why just central Florida? I'd like to be included in the group purchase but I live in western NC. What's to stop shipping to NC as long as I pay for shipping?
Great point! Let me elaborate..

This will be open to anyone! But know that I do not get shipping discounts with carriers. Shipping will likely be more expensive than you'll see on Borla.com. Knowing your shipping price before committing is the responsibility of the buyers. You'll send me the prepaid shipping label.

I figured making it regional would create a few local pickups that would help support the authenticity of this offer. After the buyers posted back with successful transactions, it would build trust going forward. But if your willing to pay before I ship, I'm willing to be your middle man.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Great point! Let me elaborate..

This will be open to anyone! But know that I do not get shipping discounts with carriers. Shipping will likely be more expensive than you'll see on Borla.com. Knowing your shipping price before committing is the responsibility of the buyers. You'll send me the prepaid shipping label.

I figured making it regional would create a few local pickups that would help support the authenticity of this offer. After the buyers posted back with successful transactions, it would build trust going forward. But if your willing to pay before I ship, I'm willing to be your middle man.
Sure. All I will need is a weight and package dimensions and I can send you either a copy or an email of a pre purchased UPS label. Just let us know when we start. Thanks!

Cannonball

Reaction score
Sure. All I will need is a weight and package dimensions and I can send you either a copy or an email of a pre purchased UPS label. Just let us know when we start. Thanks!
Check the Borla website. They have package size and weight for each system listed on the specific system's page. Go buy package weight not system weight. Let me and others know what the rates look like, I haven't looked into it.

I've PMed you the zip.

JAK

Reaction score
Did Ryan say if this is only for the S-type or can it be a mix and match of different systems? I am interested in the group buy but only the touring system, not so much the s-type since I think that'll be too loud.

Can you also pm me the zip? I'm just north of Atlanta.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Check the Borla website. They have package size and weight for each system listed on the specific system's page. Go buy package weight not system weight. Let me and others know what the rates look like, I haven't looked into it.

I've PMed you the zip.
about $70 bucks shipping to western NC. I could potentially get a cheaper account.

dmodem

Reaction score
about $70 bucks shipping to western NC. I could potentially get a cheaper account.
$88 to central PA through UPS estimating Orlando as the destination city. I'd be interested.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Did Ryan say if this is only for the S-type or can it be a mix and match of different systems? I am interested in the group buy but only the touring system, not so much the s-type since I think that'll be too loud.

Can you also pm me the zip? I'm just north of Atlanta.
Yes you'd have your choice of system.

Cannonball

Reaction score
In 24 hours I've gotten 3 interested and 1 soft interest. Definitely not the excitement and buy-in needed to lay out 5 figures and consume my garage. It's $10k minimum as mentioned before to get the volume discount from Borla which yeilds about 15 systems. It's not based on system quantity it's on dollar amount. Borla doesn't care if you order systems for a Ford, ram , AND chevy in the same order, just need to spend 10k at one time and ship to one location. Discount is around a third off for all systems.

Just FYI for anyone else interested in running a group buy down the road.

Maybe after some more feedback from early adopters and some good videos, dB measurements, etc, we'll have more people in the thread.

I'm standing down on this until then.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In 24 hours I've gotten 3 interested and 1 soft interest. Definitely not the excitement and buy-in needed to lay out 5 figures and consume my garage. It's $10k minimum as mentioned before to get the volume discount from Borla which yeilds about 15 systems. It's not based on system quantity it's on dollar amount. Borla doesn't care if you order systems for a Ford, ram , AND chevy in the same order, just need to spend 10k at one time and ship to one location. Discount is around a third off for all systems.

Just FYI for anyone else interested in running a group buy down the road.

Maybe after some more feedback from early adopters and some good videos, dB measurements, etc, we'll have more people in the thread.

I'm standing down on this until then.

Totally understood. Thank you very much for the work you put in, to you and the others who have calles borla

Group buy or not, I will likely be getting a borla touring system (or a magnaflow muffler kit), reviews will follow!

If I go the borla route, I hope the reviewhelps you!

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Cannonball, thanks for the update. I would think that much more interest would be generated if we a NEW thread with title something like, "Borla Muffler 30% off for group rate" Setting a deadline would need to be defined. I would do it but I can not. If you or someone else is willing i'd be on board. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread