5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla S-type exhaust

DMC

Reaction score
I just installed the touring system on mine and it's plenty loud enough for me. I can hear it inside the house, when I use the remote start. It has a good "rumble", but no drone. I'm happy with my decision.
So did you install yours without a lift? I may put mine on this weekend if without a lift is not too bad . I don't want to cut up my original system.

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
So did you install yours without a lift? I may put mine on this weekend if without a lift is not too bad . I don't want to cut up my original system.
I did mine without a lift, but had to cut the tailpipe to get it out. If you don't want to cut your original system, you'll definitely need to do it on a lift.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
I got a Borla xr1 put it and removed my resonators behind the tips, sounds badddassss! Little drone in cab and no pop sound. Just deep clear rumble

DMC

Reaction score
I did mine without a lift, but had to cut the tailpipe to get it out. If you don't want to cut your original system, you'll definitely need to do it on a lift.
I found someone with a lift. It's going on next Saturday morning.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My exhaust shop just dropped off my truck from swapping the old exhaust ( Borla S Type ) to my new one Borla Touring. They said the mufflers cosmetically looked the same minus one says S Type and the other says Touring. I was told for the ride to my house they definitely could tell a difference. The Touring definitely being milder then the S Type. That in turn will make my wife and daughters very happy. As soon as I get home, I’ll be putting that S Type up for sale to the first person that pays...

WyattS42

Reaction score
Now, I'm fairly sure 14 members aren't going to send $800 or so to another member's "account" for a group buy, but I can't understand why Borla wouldn't be willing to handle the funds or permit individual PayPal transfers, etc. into their corporate account, and once all 14 are received, process the orders.
My exhaust shop just dropped off my truck from swapping the old exhaust ( Borla S Type ) to my new one Borla Touring. They said the mufflers cosmetically looked the same minus one says S Type and the other says Touring. I was told for the ride to my house they definitely could tell a difference. The Touring definitely being milder then the S Type. That in turn will make my wife and daughters very happy. As soon as I get home, I’ll be putting that S Type up for sale to the first person that pays...

Do you still have this for sale?

Robslv1

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to the forum,
I've got an 16 ram bighorn 5.7 looking for an Borla Cat back exhaust system.
There was talk early about getting people together and purchasing a group deal, anyone know if it's still going on?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. If they were I’m pretty sure it was soley a DT group buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online