5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Body mount installed wrong? Need help

CSRam

Reaction score
Hello everyone, recently purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 with 20k miles. I have been having an issue with a clunk and vibration in the cab. I was looking at the body mounts in the rear and the passenger side appears to be different from the driver side. It appears the driver side body mount is missing something, it doesn't look right. The passenger side appears to have a plate that presses up against the rubber and the driver side doesn't have this, its just the bolt going through the rubber mount, its hard to explain but if you look at the attached pictures, you will see what I am talking about. Can anyone confirm if this is how its supposed to be? Doesn't look right to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1141.jpg
    IMG_1141.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1142.jpg
    IMG_1142.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 135

CSRam

Reaction score
Anyone? Will not having the plate pushing against the rubber bushing have an effect on it functioning properly?

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Based on the pictures without the plate the bolt isn’t able to properly compress the bushing... this would make the noise your describing. With the age and mileage it’ll still be under the factory warranty, take it in and have them fix it.

CSRam

Reaction score
Based on the pictures without the plate the bolt isn’t able to properly compress the bushing... this would make the noise your describing. With the age and mileage it’ll still be under the factory warranty, take it in and have them fix it.
They said they have ordered the part, buts it’s backordered, they said that it would have no effect on the vibrations and noise I am having. But I’d rather get it replaced anyways while under warranty, and yea that’s what I was thinking , that the way it is it can’t properly apply pressure to the bushing. They said the rest of my problems with vibrations and clunking is due to my 1in rear lift spacer in the back, But all these problems were present when completely stock. Thanks for your reply.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Most lift spacers today arent metal so hearing a clunk from it would be odd

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @CSRam,

We're sorry to hear about your vehicle concerns and would like to offer our support and assistance alongside your dealer appointment. If interested, please send our team a private message with your VIN as well as any other relevant information for us to review. We hope to circle back soon!

Hannah
Ram Cares

dreinert

Reaction score
Not sure if everything is fixed, there’s a TSB around 2019 Body bolts.

page 56 mid page I have a post with a linked video of the issue with the clunk.

Users who are viewing this thread