5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Badging - How to ?

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Double check but this is what I received from my dealer

CENTER BEZEL : 68402889AB View attachment 5920
I have the Laramie Sport and the 1500 Hemi badge on the sport hood is chrome. It looks like the badges would just pop out. Do they make oem black inserts that I can swap out without having to replace the entire hood trim piece? If I can't buy the badges separate, then do these pop out so I can plastidip them or would popping them out break the tabs? What's my best choice to avoid having to replace the entire trim piece?

19ramsport

Reaction score
I have the Laramie Sport and the 1500 Hemi badge on the sport hood is chrome. It looks like the badges would just pop out. Do they make oem black inserts that I can swap out without having to replace the entire hood trim piece? If I can't buy the badges separate, then do these pop out so I can plastidip them or would popping them out break the tabs? What's my best choice to avoid having to replace the entire trim piece?

You can't buy the badges separate. You can heat them up and pull them off and paint them. You will need need new tape to re-install them. I ended up buying the hood bezel with the black badges. But I did remove the chrome badges from my stock hood bezel and I have them for sale if anyone wants them as a spare set to paint or whatever: https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...hood-chrome-emblems-you-can-paint-them.12571/

rrbhokies

Reaction score
You can't buy the badges separate. You can heat them up and pull them off and paint them. You will need need new tape to re-install them. I ended up buying the hood bezel with the black badges. But I did remove the chrome badges from my stock hood bezel and I have them for sale if anyone wants them as a spare set to paint or whatever: https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...hood-chrome-emblems-you-can-paint-them.12571/
I ended up taping off the bezel and just plasti-dipped mine. Color matched up with the bezel very nicely. You can't tell the difference from just looking at it. Came out great and it's held up fine over the past month.
20190712_200738.jpg 20190712_201211.jpg

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I just want to say that this is my First Black Ram and it is amazing to see what the fine people on this forum are doing, Great Work! I have ALWAYS had Black Snowmobiles and would have nothing different. Now that I have read all the awesome posts in this thread, I think I am going to swap all my chrome badging to Black. I think a Blacked Out Laramie Sport will be Bad Azz! Thanks to all that did the research and posted the P/N's! Now I just wish I could replace my Chrome Mirrors with Black Folding Tow Mirrors! That may be a plastidip option. GREAT THREAD, Black is where it's at!

Ringer

Reaction score
Just want to say hello to everyone. There are a ton of great trucks here, and a lot of great ideas. I'll present you my 2019 Big Horn.....I'm a big Plasti Dip fan. I had a similar 2016 Black Crew, and I went with red accents, and it looked rad, but I wanted to make this one stand out a bit. First thing was to obviously tint the truck. Front two doors, and the windshield.

Then I started the shake up the Plasti Dip cans, and I think the GLOSS White Pops. Especially the center caps with the gloss white, next to the semi gloss black rims.

I had to have the Rough Country in grill lights\Black Edition. They just fit perfectly. High Quality product, with ****ty directions.

In Grill Lights

"Dont ever take this grill off or apart unless it's a life or death experience. It's literally 3 pieces all snapped together like a sandwich."

Then added the Rough County 20" Cree LED(Dual Row/Black Series\With AMBER) Great quality, I'm beyond impressed with their intensity. Together with the grill lights, my OEM LED's, the lower light bar, it's blinding in the day time.

20" Dual Row\Black Series w|Amber BEST_PASSENGER_SIDE.jpg DRIVERS_SIDE.jpg FRONT.jpg LED_FRONT.jpg LED_PASSENGER_SIDE.jpg LED_AMBER.jpg LED_DIRECT_PICTURE.jpg BEST_PASSENGER_SIDE.jpg DRIVERS_SIDE.jpg FRONT.jpg LED_FRONT.jpg

My only issue I have, and it might be something I should know, but is there anyway to wire the after market Rough County Grill Lights and lower light bar with the OEM wiring?

Here's my truck....Let me know what you think of the Plasti Dip Badgeing an my BacK Country Light Package

The last picture, is the clearest picture I could come up with, when all the LED's were lighting up the word

My next purcahse wii be an exhaust. My buddy with a rebel just put the Carven Competitor, and it sounds badass, He's trying to talk me into getting one. Anyone have any experience with them? Pro's? Cons"
I look forward to hearing back fr

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Just want to say hello to everyone. There are a ton of great trucks here, and a lot of great ideas. I'll present you my 2019 Big Horn.....I'm a big Plasti Dip fan. I had a similar 2016 Black Crew, and I went with red accents, and it looked rad, but I wanted to make this one stand out a bit. First thing was to obviously tint the truck. Front two doors, and the windshield.

Then I started the shake up the Plasti Dip cans, and I think the GLOSS White Pops. Especially the center caps with the gloss white, next to the semi gloss black rims.

I had to have the Rough Country in grill lights\Black Edition. They just fit perfectly. High Quality product, with ****ty directions.

In Grill Lights

"Dont ever take this grill off or apart unless it's a life or death experience. It's literally 3 pieces all snapped together like a sandwich."

Then added the Rough County 20" Cree LED(Dual Row/Black Series\With AMBER) Great quality, I'm beyond impressed with their intensity. Together with the grill lights, my OEM LED's, the lower light bar, it's blinding in the day time.

20" Dual Row\Black Series w|Amber

My only issue I have, and it might be something I should know, but is there anyway to wire the after market Rough County Grill Lights and lower light bar with the OEM wiring?

Here's my truck....Let me know what you think of the Plasti Dip Badgeing an my BacK Country Light Package

The last picture, is the clearest picture I could come up with, when all the LED's were lighting up the word

My next purcahse wii be an exhaust. My buddy with a rebel just put the Carven Competitor, and it sounds badass, He's trying to talk me into getting one. Anyone have any experience with them? Pro's? Cons"
I look forward to hearing back fr
Are those stock black gloss rims, or are those plasti-dipped? Also, what about the the taillights? The black center bezel on the taillights? Is that Plasti-dipped as well?

Ringer

Reaction score
Are those stock black gloss rims, or are those plasti-dipped? Also, what about the the taillights? The black center bezel on the taillights? Is that Plasti-dipped as well?

Rims are OEM Satin\Semi Gloss Black. The tail lights are the same. It's part of the Big Horn "Black Appearanc"

Damion

Reaction score
I just bought a sport model. Every badge on it is black.

Truckem

Reaction score
I just bought a sport model. Every badge on it is black.
Laramie or bighorn? I have the bighorn with sport package and it has chrome badges. Ordering the black ones tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Damion

Reaction score
Neither.

Being in in Canada we have a sport model not available in the us. All badges are black even all my hood emblems as are my exhaust tips. The only shiny bits are what’s on my wheels

Damion

Reaction score
As I think about it I wonder if those south of the border could order Canadian sport hood badges and put them on ( you’d need the sport hood option though ) look like they are separate from the other plastic piece.

Also my RAM in the grille is black too

Truckem

Reaction score
As I think about it I wonder if those south of the border could order Canadian sport hood badges and put them on ( you’d need the sport hood option though ) look like they are separate from the other plastic piece.

Yeah I've got the bighorn sport package, standard hood, chrome emblems. I just don't like chrome. I love the sport hoods though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

rrbhokies

Reaction score

I have the Laramie Sport and I spent about $150 replacing the chrome badges with black ones. I had to Plasti-Dip the Sport Hood badges though, which came out very nice. I also plasti-dipped the exhaust tips and they've held up well too. The only thing left on the truck that is chrome are the wheels. I don't like the wheels, so I'm going to try Plasti-Dipping them too as I don't want to spend the money powder coating them. Eventually I may buy some nicer rims. So, now, for the most part, I have a Canadian version of the Sport model for about $150 and bit of labor.

20190712_200657 (1).jpg 20190712_200733 (1).jpg 20190712_200738 (1).jpg 20190712_201211 (1).jpg 20190712_201222.jpg 20190712_201246 (1).jpg

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
That’s the blackout package from RAM. That’s all original. The wheels look glossy in the picture but they are not. And then the black spot on the taillights is part of the black out package. It’s the LED package as well that has them. You can find a set of them on eBay (used).

flynfish

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the light grey 4x4 off road sticker with a black one? Curious what that looks like with all the other badges blacked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the light grey 4x4 off road sticker with a black one? Curious what that looks like with all the other badges blacked out

I don't have the off road package, but I tried a black 4x4 decal on my Maximum Steel and you could barely see it. On a black truck, it would be invisible. However, on most other colors, I assume it would look good. I'm currently searching for a new set of decals to put on the side of my truck. I have the 6'4" bed, and without anything, it just looks too long and naked.

Evoking1230

Reaction score
Finished it tonight. Easy, just a heat gun, prep solv and some elbow grease.......... Looks Gooooooood..... and added an AVS Arrow Skin II bug shield. Now just to get the wheels powder coated.

awesome!!!

did you get the front and rear bumpers paint matched or powder coated? I want to black our mine but those chrome bumpers:eek:

flynfish

Reaction score
I don't have the off road package, but I tried a black 4x4 decal on my Maximum Steel and you could barely see it. On a black truck, it would be invisible. However, on most other colors, I assume it would look good. I'm currently searching for a new set of decals to put on the side of my truck. I have the 6'4" bed, and without anything, it just looks too long and naked.

I put black ones on and I think it looks great
46a87a40017c163c8d5e719f3144fd23.jpg

Tbarnes8

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread