5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

Z mann R2

Reaction score
Sorry, hold up.... what are adapters that you chucked? I used everything in the package for my ORP.

Z Man... I ordered 1.5” for front, and 1.75” for rear. Still not sure that’s wide enough, but I really don’t like it when a lot of tread sits outside the fenders either. Guess we will see when they arrive. Maybe I’ll end up selling the 1.5” and buying 2” to go 1.75” up front and 2” in rear?
You'll like the 1.5's....I love mine

James8563

Reaction score
I didn't know the rear was out already. I guess I'm going to have to place my order now.
Glad I joined this forum , that trump check was going towards what ever I do lol. I will add upper control arms also I really do believe they make a difference for the geometry of the truck

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Remeasured and after the lift my front wheels moved inboard 1/4” each. That was enough to change my mind on the spacers. I called BORA and updated to 2” front spacers. The outside lugs on my tire tread sit 1-7/8” inside the fender flares currently.
76f77d7efed035853cd35403acbf18f2.jpg

390hemi

Reaction score
Remeasured and after the lift my front wheels moved inboard 1/4” each. That was enough to change my mind on the spacers. I called BORA and updated to 2” front spacers. The outside lugs on my tire tread sit 1-7/8” inside the fender flares currently.
76f77d7efed035853cd35403acbf18f2.jpg
Have you gotten an alignment yet?
That could be because your camber is off.
Regardless 2 inch spacers will look good just figured I'd mention why they could be inboard a bit.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you gotten an alignment yet?
That could be because your camber is off.
Regardless 2 inch spacers will look good just figured I'd mention why they could be inboard a bit.

Yep, did the alignment yesterday.

I’m a bit torn now. A fellow member “Dookie” just mentioned he had a lot of rubbing with 2” wheel spacers.

390hemi

Reaction score
Yep, did the alignment yesterday.

I’m a bit torn now. A fellow member “Dookie” just mentioned he had a lot of rubbing with 2” wheel spacers.
I returned my 2inch and got 1.5 on the way.
With the lift and if you do the mod to the the inner fender where you bend the tab you should clear.

JBeckman

Reaction score
Been thumbing through the posts, but unsure of the answer.

For the guys with the ORP, what # have you been setting them at for a direct swap?

I am going to replace my Hitachi with 5100, but dont want to change the height. Primarily due to having a BDS 4" lift already installed.

Sspearsau

Reaction score
I just scheduled my appointment to drop my car off on Wednesday to have 5100s installed on just the front. Going with setting 5 for a level of the truck. I’ll post before and after shots when done.

Wheels and tires will have to follow soon after. Struggling to decide between the Terra Grapplers or the Ridge Grapplers. I am 2wd and don’t see much off-road. Really like the look though and want to get ride of scraping up the air dam on parking curbs. Front is too low from the factory.

JBeckman

Reaction score
I just scheduled my appointment to drop my car off on Wednesday to have 5100s installed on just the front. Going with setting 5 for a level of the truck. I’ll post before and after shots when done.

Wheels and tires will have to follow soon after. Struggling to decide between the Terra Grapplers or the Ridge Grapplers. I am 2wd and don’t see much off-road. Really like the look though and want to get ride of scraping up the air dam on parking curbs. Front is too low from the factory.

I seen guys setting it at #5 to level. Just didnt know what the setting would be for a factory ORP height was.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I seen guys setting it at #5 to level. Just didnt know what the setting would be for a factory ORP height was.

I believe you use setting #1 for factory ride height. The manual does spell out the amount of lift per clip height.

JBeckman

Reaction score
I believe you use setting #1 for factory ride height. The manual does spell out the amount of lift per clip height.

Ok cool. Havent ordered yet, so wasnt sure if the info was in the destructions or not. The ORP has the higher perch on the strut than non ORP, so wasnt sure.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok cool. Havent ordered yet, so wasnt sure if the info was in the destructions or not. The ORP has the higher perch on the strut than non ORP, so wasnt sure.

Sorry, that would be news to me on the perch. I thought the shock was basically the same, but the spring is longer on the ORP.

If I correctly recall, the documentation tells ride height for both normal and ORP springs tho.

cory1223oh

Reaction score
Sorry, that would be news to me on the perch. I thought the shock was basically the same, but the spring is longer on the ORP.

If I correctly recall, the documentation tells ride height for both normal and ORP springs tho.

The spring perch should be the same for both the ORP and non ORP. I measured the springs side by side and the ORP spring is 7/8” longer. According to Athens Bilstein instructions setting #1 is stock height for both ORP and non ORP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James8563

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the same goes for the release of the 6112s for the front. Originally supposed to be released in the summer, but who knows now due to the 'Rona.
Both Poway and Hamilton are still working with skeleton crews....and that may not change for at least a few weeks.
yea so due to all that I’ve decided to go with the ready lift upper control arms and the 2inch top mount spacer. Got it for a good price on amazon. So when the 5100s or 6112s for the rebel come out I’ll I’ve the UCAs ready to go.

Z mann R2

Reaction score
yea so due to all that I’ve decided to go with the ready lift upper control arms and the 2inch top mount spacer. Got it for a good price on amazon. So when the 5100s or 6112s for the rebel come out I’ll I’ve the UCAs ready to go.
How many times do we have to say the 5100’s work on the rebel??

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online