5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Exhaust System for 2019 Ram

ryco25

Reaction score
Since you quoted me....guess I will respond 1 time and leave it alone afterwards as my point and my opinion is like yours, we all have one.

Yes I can afford any exhaust that I want. So with choices out there, "my choice" and the sound I like is this one; thus I have it on "my truck" and when I find another exhaust that has the ability to turn off/on then I will be interested.

I did the QTP cutout on my truck - same opinion as you. I think the sound is awesome when it’s open, and I love the ability to shut it off and go stock quiet whenever I want. Yes, it may not sound as good as a full Corsa system, but you can’t make those quiet when you want to relax on a road trip, take a call, etc..

moparleo51

Reaction score
i went with the borla s-type, waiting to get my truck back,i`m like akid at acandy shop.. :giggle:

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
I'll read through this later as I ask; How loud would LT's be with a stock exhaust, as while my neighbors have muscle cars, they only take them out on the weekend while Remy's my DD

Don't wanna **** off the neighbors or get in trouble with the HOA, but do wanna add power

jaydeebee24

Reaction score
Had a 14in Magnaflow (# 14239) put in with the rear resonators deleted. Turned out great. Quiets down nicely at cruising speeds and the MDS doesn't drone.

Reaction score
Only had this beast for a couple days before we modified it. Our first mod of course is going to be the exhaust (because no one likes a quiet v8). While we can appreciate the Borla and Magnaflow sound, for the price point and sound Flowmaster is FANTASTIC. When it comes to the 5.7 HEMI V8 you don't need all the fancy expensive mufflers, just let that machine breathe and roar. With that being said, check out the video for Sound and review of this excellent system.

Flowmaster Outlaw + 2 Resonator Delete

I made an exhaust controller that stays stock until you want to unload!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I made an exhaust controller that stays stock until you want to unload!
Very creative and, as an EE myself, I love what you've done. Would it not have been easier to tap into the CAN BUS at the OBD2 port? Are you planning to sell these to the forum? Great job my friend!

Reaction score
Very creative and, as an EE myself, I love what you've done. Would it not have been easier to tap into the CAN BUS at the OBD2 port? Are you planning to sell these to the forum? Great job my friend!
Thanks. I had to tap into the CAN lines somewhere after the gateway. Data doesn’t show at the OBD Port unless a command is given. If I tap in after the gateway the baud rate is the same but all of the data is running full time. Yes would like to have an outlet to start producing these for different cutout manufacturers.

19LaramieRam

Reaction score
I just installed the carven muffler replacement today and am super impressed with it. I was worried it would be obnoxiously loud but it sounds perfect for me. Also it fit perfectly, didn’t have any issue with the tips being misaligned afterwards or anything like that.
Did you leave resonators on?

19TXLimited

Reaction score
For everyone on here looking for an inexpensive and nice sounding exhaust with a bit of volume and minimal to no drone. Check out the Borla Crate muffler for the Chevy Hot 350. They have both ATAK and S-Type mufflers. Simple weld in install and sounds great. Muffler plus install was about $300...so comparable with cut and clamp systems and B2fab systems.

I may remove the rear most resonators on the tail pipes once B2fab begins selling their kit. The exhaust...like all exhausts which leave the rear resonators...sounds a bit airy, but I am not sure whether removing the resonators will cause drone.

Currently the exhaust is whisper quiet cruising at 65-70mph...however, as most have said once eco mode kicks in the tone changes and is much lower. I'm not sure I would call it drone, but you do hear the exhaust a bit when eco kicks in.

Around town and under acceleration this exhaust has a nice robust sound as you would expect from the ATAK series.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Removing the resonators will cause drone. I disable my ECO every time I drive because I hate the way it makes the truck sound.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Removing the resonators will cause drone. I disable my ECO every time I drive because I hate the way it makes the truck sound.

Do you know whether it will cause drone by plugging the weep holes? Or will plugging them simply remove the airy/wooshing sound from the exhaust?

Prodat

Reaction score
At the moment I have stock exhaust with a cut out, and i dont like it anymore. Extremely loud drone inside cab, cousing vibration in headliner and rear passenger side.

Any suggestions for a exhaust which is pretty normal at (cold) start, because most of the time I leave early in the morning, I due like a deep growl when putting the gas down.

On the other side, I love the carven exhaust, but haven't found a company that ship to Europe...

Thanks !

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
Only had this beast for a couple days before we modified it. Our first mod of course is going to be the exhaust (because no one likes a quiet v8). While we can appreciate the Borla and Magnaflow sound, for the price point and sound Flowmaster is FANTASTIC. When it comes to the 5.7 HEMI V8 you don't need all the fancy expensive mufflers, just let that machine breathe and roar. With that being said, check out the video for Sound and review of this excellent system.

Flowmaster Outlaw + 2 Resonator Delete

I just purchased a catback exhaust from carven today. They have just launched preorders

19TXLimited

Reaction score
At the moment I have stock exhaust with a cut out, and i dont like it anymore. Extremely loud drone inside cab, cousing vibration in headliner and rear passenger side.

Any suggestions for a exhaust which is pretty normal at (cold) start, because most of the time I leave early in the morning, I due like a deep growl when putting the gas down.

On the other side, I love the carven exhaust, but haven't found a company that ship to Europe...

Thanks !

I'm liking my Borla Crate Muffler. I ordered from Amazon.

ATAK

S-Type

I leave the house around 545-6AM every morning and haven't received any complaints yet. It has a nice rumble on cold start, but nothing that will wake the dead. Gets a nice growl under acceleration and is mostly quiet at cruise. At 70MPH in 4CYL you can hear the exhaust, but 70MPH V8 and you don't hear a thing. Radio corrects the minimal sound of 4CYL.

I am very happy with my decision and won't look back. Total cost for muffler and install was $338...lucky for me I got the muffler for Christmas and the paid $90 to weld in.

As a side note for everyone, make certain if you go this route that the muffler is welded in in the correct flow direction. It will not effect performance or harm your engine, but the sound is a bit better when mounted correctly. Trust me, when originally installed I did not notice the shop had put the muffler backwards. Took it back and the guys installed correctly. For those in Katy looking for this. Katy Exhaust Pros does some nice welding.

Reaction score
I've refined the controller for my exhaust cutout. I've introduced using steering wheel controls for disabling cutout valve and for keeping it open all the time. When it returns to normal state, it will go back to working off of full throttle. Enjoy

frnkochoa

Reaction score
Does anyone have an instructional on plugging resonator weep holes? Cut out the stock muff and put a copy cay 40 flowmaster. Now wanting to try this pljg thing

Users who are viewing this thread