5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Exhaust System for 2019 Ram

Eric_N

Reaction score
I think I have it narrowed down to either the Borla S type of the Mopar Catback. Where are you guys ordering from? (Online)

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I have it narrowed down to either the Borla S type of the Mopar Catback. Where are you guys ordering from? (Online)

The borla sound profile is amazing.
I have a magnaflow, I like it, the noise level is manageable, but from a "musical sound" perspective, borla's are f**king awesome.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Full AFE (Shorties, Catted Y, Catback), its loud enough, provides low end torque for an untuned beast and it makes me smile.

My neighbors all have Harleys, Muscle cats and other beasts, only difference here is this is a daily

Reaction score
First time Ram owner here. I just purchased a 2019 Laramie with the 5.7l Hemi and I’m going to throw an exhaust on it soon. I’ve had the Magnaflow on a 2019 Silverado 5.3l and it was great, perfect low rumble, didn’t wake the neighbors, and no drone when the DFM (MDS equivalent for GM) kicked in. That system was welded on by a muffler shop. I’ve had bad experiences with the bolt on exhaust systems (although it was Gibson exhaust). Can anyone speak to the quality of their Borla bolt on exhausts and if they are still holding up from leaks after a year or two?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
First time Ram owner here. I just purchased a 2019 Laramie with the 5.7l Hemi and I’m going to throw an exhaust on it soon. I’ve had the Magnaflow on a 2019 Silverado 5.3l and it was great, perfect low rumble, didn’t wake the neighbors, and no drone when the DFM (MDS equivalent for GM) kicked in. That system was welded on by a muffler shop. I’ve had bad experiences with the bolt on exhaust systems (although it was Gibson exhaust). Can anyone speak to the quality of their Borla bolt on exhausts and if they are still holding up from leaks after a year or two?
Gibson is CRAP. Borla is all stainless and an EXCELLENT company. High quality bolt on systems are very good and, for those that want it welded, take it somewhere and have it welded...no big deal. There are several threads on mufflers and CAT-BACK systems and there are several highly recommended systems. If you like Borla, you will not be disappointed!

RickWaz

Reaction score
NOT yet 1-year, but everything holding up VERY well. I have the Borla Touring w/ Borla Resonators and LOVE the sound! Good luck w/ your decision!

Klicht87

Reaction score
Borla Atak sounds pretty darn amazing when you step on it. Probably a little loud for most but the Borla Resonator tones it down a bit. MDS doesn't sound terrible and hardly noticeable.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
After experiencing a lot of different ones my money will go to AWE moving forward. It's everything I've always loved about Corsa systems but with a deeper tone. I love mine!

Ramrebel44

Reaction score
AWE fan here, I love the way my truck sounds and it’s loud and aggressive when you want it, but not all the time. Sounds great at low rpm’s too but for cursing around with the family it isn’t over the top loud.

kliffy77

Reaction score
AWE fan here, I love the way my truck sounds and it’s loud and aggressive when you want it, but not all the time. Sounds great at low rpm’s too but for cursing around with the family it isn’t over the top loud.

Ramebel44 i said Borla is my top choice but after seeing & hearing AWE i can say that its now my 1st choice and Borla is the 2nd.

Ramrebel44

Reaction score
I watched a ton of clips of both of them, Hammerdown motor sports has some good videos with both systems. I really think they are both great, but different enough to attract a slightly different market.

for the extra couple hundred bucks I’m glad I went with the AWE

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my MBRP Muffler replace, but I'll be adding B2 Fab Resonator Deletes soon

exrec

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm a year into my 2019 Ram 1500 Quad and loving it. My fiance wants to get me some upgrades for Xmas and I've been reading this post trying to decipher exactly what to get. my exhaust pipes are in good condition. Can I just replace the muffler then? The Flowmaster 50/Borla S etc sound like the level of sound I want. I am trying to keep price down.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm a year into my 2019 Ram 1500 Quad and loving it. My fiance wants to get me some upgrades for Xmas and I've been reading this post trying to decipher exactly what to get. my exhaust pipes are in good condition. Can I just replace the muffler then? The Flowmaster 50/Borla S etc sound like the level of sound I want. I am trying to keep price down.
I got a flowmaster flowfx from Amazon for $40 and had a shop put it on for $100. Not as loud as what you are looking at, but you could buy whatever muffler you want. 3” center in and 3” offset out. That’s probably the lowest cost way you’ll find

exrec

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. I should have said keeping price down under the cost of a full catback. Also, a friend of mine said 1 pipe in 2 out. For stock equip is it one pipe in one out?

Users who are viewing this thread