5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Exhaust System for 2019 Ram

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nice .. you could edit all that in-between outta there :)
I'd like to hear how the truck sounds on de-celeration -- that is what I disliked about Borla on the ones I've heard ..
"... mmm pop pop POP POP POP ... "

Snakes709

Reaction score
nice .. you could edit all that in-between outta there :)
I'd like to hear how the truck sounds on de-celeration -- that is what I disliked about Borla on the ones I've heard ..
"... mmm pop pop POP POP POP ... "
Yea sorry about that. The road is normally empty but busy today. Should have cut that section out. The popping doesnt happen all the time, very rarely does it do it.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea sorry about that. The road is normally empty but busy today. Should have cut that section out. The popping doesnt happen all the time, very rarely does it do it.

Was just picking :) I'd still love to hear it if you ever get time to mount the camera on the rig and test run it -- maybe it will change my mind.

o0Gryphon0o

Reaction score
Anyone in here around S.E. Michigan that has the B2 14" MF muffler on theirs that i could hear in person before i pull the trigger? Figured i would take a shot and ask as i've watched all the clips possible and was just wondering how it is in person.

Evoking1230

Reaction score
Anyone getting slight surging(more like transmission can’t make up its mind to stay in 7th or 8th gear)?

At highway speeds, about 1750-1900 rpms with MDS on she’s doing this. A little annoying because with the B2 Muffler Delete it is very noticeable as there’s a nice rumble at that range.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you guys can get a chance to hear an exhaust system from the outside, I think it's helpful!

I have the magnaflow full system.

Today for the first time I heard my own truck from the outside. Shop tech (recall) was driving it to check alignment.
I was very pleased.
It was louder than I thought, fantastic tone too. It really let me know how good the sound-proofing is on the new Rams! You really haven't heard the truck properly until you've driven it with the front windows down and the middle window open.
Hearing it from the outside was eye-opening for me. I used to think it was too quiet, now I know it's not the case, it has WAY more presence than I thought. The system doesn't drone, it's very tame, I almost thought it was too tame. I kinda thought I under-shot the noise factor. Today I'm happy to report it's spot on.

Evoking1230

Reaction score
If you guys can get a chance to hear an exhaust system from the outside, I think it's helpful!

I have the magnaflow full system.

Today for the first time I heard my own truck from the outside. Shop tech (recall) was driving it to check alignment.
I was very pleased.
It was louder than I thought, fantastic tone too. It really let me know how good the sound-proofing is on the new Rams! You really haven't heard the truck properly until you've driven it with the front windows down and the middle window open.
Hearing it from the outside was eye-opening for me. I used to think it was too quiet, now I know it's not the case, it has WAY more presence than I thought. The system doesn't drone, it's very tame, I almost thought it was too tame. I kinda thought I under-shot the noise factor. Today I'm happy to report it's spot on.

Yes, but who do we trust to drive our babies?!? :ROFLMAO:

tdager

Reaction score
Guess I’m getting old, I like my quiet Hemi.

Thank you, me too! I love the power of the Hemi, and thequite and comfort of my limited. No longer need to “roar” to show my power.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, but who do we trust to drive our babies?!? :ROFLMAO:

That's the toughy - for me when I was told the shop tech was going to drive it to test it, I decided to make the most of it.
I basically told the youngster - "Hey man, do me a favor? Give it some gas, drive it like I would, I want to hear what it sounds like going by!"
Guy chuckled, I think it was the best part of his day!

I didn't want an exhaust that would wake up the neighbors, or idle so loud windows would shake.
I just felt the stock unit was too quiet! I wanted some rumble at idle, a thundercloud on cold-start, and if I finally got pass someone who was doing 28 in a 40? I didn't mind letting them hear my displeasure as I got back up to the speed limit.

It's more enjoyable at alll speeds with the magnaflow. It's never "too loud", to the point I thought it was too quiet on some days!
Today I remember turning my head when I heard a low rumble, I saw my truck roll by, he gives it some gas, and it was an excellent, inoffensive deep tone. It really was perfect to what I wanted. That "distant thunderstorm" description some other gentleman gave here, is spot on. It's not a harley davidson sound, it's not a straight pipe sound, it's just an authentically V8 sound.

My truck gets 15mpg, but I get to enjoy every mile of it! The way I see it, I love this metal beast, and I get to hear it's heart beat.

EvoRAM

Reaction score
I’m currently in the process of installing my borla s type. I remember seeing a thread about taking the stock one off without cutting, but couldn’t find it anymore. Did you guys have to cut or was able to without? I’m using jack stands. Waiting for the wife to get home so I have a ride to get a saw, but hoping I don’t have to cut.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m currently in the process of installing my borla s type. I remember seeing a thread about taking the stock one off without cutting, but couldn’t find it anymore. Did you guys have to cut or was able to without? I’m using jack stands. Waiting for the wife to get home so I have a ride to get a saw, but hoping I don’t have to cut.
I’m looking forward to a sound clip! The S-Type is my favorite thus far, but I haven’t pulled the trigger.

EvoRAM

Reaction score
Will do, hopefully in a few hours lol.

Just found a thread, looks like removing spare tire and shroud should do the trick. Going to try it now.

Limited_Ram

Reaction score
I was under the impression when I had mine installed that it could not be done without cutting, but someone on here did say they removed theirs with no cutting not too long ago...

Snakes709

Reaction score

No cutting or removing the spare tire/shroud required. Only thing it would be required for is if you bought the optional resonator. I installed mine on jack stands. Had the wife help me get the oem muffler section out. Abit of a pain on jack stands.

EvoRAM

Reaction score
Just got the oem off. I did remove the spare and shroud and boy I wish I did it earlier. Now just need to tighten everything up. Will post pics soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/