5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Dash Cam

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Amazon has the VIOFO A129 Duo Dual Lens Dash Cam Full HD 1080P for $135, then there’s the newer model of VIOFO Dual Dash Cam, 2K 1440P for $141, then the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K for $200.

i don’t know the pros/cons for these.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Amazon has the VIOFO A129 Duo Dual Lens Dash Cam Full HD 1080P for $135, then there’s the newer model of VIOFO Dual Dash Cam, 2K 1440P for $141, then the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K for $200.

i don’t know the pros/cons for these.
If you can afford the 4K...get it!

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know which fuse with constant power to use for the dash cams?

I bought a hardwire kit from Amazon with multiple mini-fuses, depending on what size I need.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know which fuse with constant power to use for the dash cams?

I bought a hardwire kit from Amazon with multiple mini-fuses, depending on what size I need.
F66 is ignition and F33 is constant power. You will need to use both if you will using PARKING MODE which I highly recommend. Do not use anything greater than a 5A fuse in the camera side of your fuse tap.

You will need MICRO2 taps and fuses.

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
F66 is ignition and F33 is constant power. You will need to use both if you will using PARKING MODE which I highly recommend. Do not use anything greater than a 5A fuse in the camera side of your fuse tap.

You will need MICRO2 taps and fuses.

Thanks. This kit only has one wire for the fuse, plus a ground wire.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks. This kit only has one wire for the fuse, plus a ground wire.
Then you do NOT want constant power or your battery will die. You need switched power, or you need to buy a Power Magic Pro to gain Parking Mode.

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Then you do NOT want constant power or your battery will die. You need switched power, or you need to buy a Power Magic Pro to gain Parking Mode.

Now I’m more confused. What your saying not to do is exactly what this is showing to do

C5A4FCC3-EBCD-41BA-B034-7F042B11232E.png

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
@securityguy I have a 2019 Laramie with dual moonroof...any issues feeding the cables to the back cam? looks like I will get the one you recommend. Do you realistically need to pay for their cloud service? What about the cellular option? May do a PM to you to not bug all others.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@securityguy I have a 2019 Laramie with dual moonroof...any issues feeding the cables to the back cam? looks like I will get the one you recommend. Do you realistically need to pay for their cloud service? What about the cellular option? May do a PM to you to not bug all others.
I can teach you trick to get the cable from the front to the rear. If you have a hot spot, you can use that. I'll PM you my cell and we can discuss in more detail. Happy to help my friend!

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
Santa was good to me and I have a new Blackvue dash cam and a new Uniden R7 to put into my truck. I plan to put both into the fuse box for the power supply. Does anyone know if they both run off of F66 and F33? Should I plug both into those slots? I have fuse taps and a hard wire kit for my R7. I had an issue with the order from the Dashcam store, so I'm waiting for the dashcam to come back and then I plan to install it.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Santa was good to me and I have a new Blackvue dash cam and a new Uniden R7 to put into my truck. I plan to put both into the fuse box for the power supply. Does anyone know if they both run off of F66 and F33? Should I plug both into those slots? I have fuse taps and a hard wire kit for my R7. I had an issue with the order from the Dashcam store, so I'm waiting for the dashcam to come back and then I plan to install it.
Which model Blackvue? Based on the model, you may need to use both F66 for switched IGN power and F33 for battery (parking mode wire). You can hook both your R7 red wire, and the wire coming off the dash cam for switched IGN power, to the same fuse tap F66. If you have any more questions, PM me and I'll give you my cell and help walk you through the install if you need it. Happy New Year!

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
Which model Blackvue? Based on the model, you may need to use both F66 for switched IGN power and F33 for battery (parking mode wire). You can hook both your R7 red wire, and the wire coming off the dash cam for switched IGN power, to the same fuse tap F66. If you have any more questions, PM me and I'll give you my cell and help walk you through the install if you need it. Happy New Year!
The Blackvue is the DR750X-2CH-Truck. I'm thinking I plug the Dash Cam into the F66 and F33. Based on what you just said, I'm thinking just the F66 for the R7...correct? Thanks for the help!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The Blackvue is the DR750X-2CH-Truck. I'm thinking I plug the Dash Cam into the F66 and F33. Based on what you just said, I'm thinking just the F66 for the R7...correct? Thanks for the help!
Kinda. You will have a YELLOW, RED and BLACK wire coming off the dash cam cable. You will have a red and a black wire coming off the R7. You will take the two switched Ignition wires (one from the camera and the other from the R7...both RED), connect them together and then connect them to a micro2 fuse tap that you will plug into F66. You will then take the YELLOW wire coming off the camera cable and connect that to a micro2 fuse tap and plug that into F33 for constant battery power. You will take the two black wires and tie them together and take them both to the same ground point. You will use 5 amp fuses on the fuse taps that will be supplying power at both F33 and F66. You good or would you like to chat via phone?

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
Kinda. You will have a YELLOW, RED and BLACK wire coming off the dash cam cable. You will have a red and a black wire coming off the R7. You will take the two switched Ignition wires (one from the camera and the other from the R7...both RED), connect them together and then connect them to a micro2 fuse tap that you will plug into F66. You will then take the YELLOW wire coming off the camera cable and connect that to a micro2 fuse tap and plug that into F33 for constant battery power. You will take the two black wires and tie them together and take them both to the same ground point. You will use 5 amp fuses on the fuse taps that will be supplying power at both F33 and F66. You good or would you like to chat via phone?
No sir, I should be good. Thanks for the help and have a great new year's eve!!!

Users who are viewing this thread