5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best CAI

myram2019

Reaction score
what is the best price anyone has found for S&B CAI ??

cobrar97

Reaction score
Wow...that is large. Question is...do you notice any difference?

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow...that is large. Question is...do you notice any difference?
For sure its a huge difference in the airflow and sound. I haven't had a chance to drive it enough to see if it helps mileage or hp. Theres no local dyno around here to get it tested.

cobrar97

Reaction score
Good enough for me...this might just be the one to go with.

myram2019

Reaction score
$299 everywhere and no one can discount it. I'm still scouring the internet for a better price. :)

myram2019

Reaction score
Looks like that have a minimum resale price. If a vendor sells for less then their minimum then the are dropped as a vendor. I did send an email about group buy. Fingers crossed.

cobrar97

Reaction score
Looks like that have a minimum resale price. If a vendor sells for less then their minimum then the are dropped as a vendor. I did send an email about group buy. Fingers crossed.

I can actually respect that type of setup. I think it also saves dealers from over-charging if a buyer isn't paying attention or doing their research. Generally direct contact with a vendor can result in a price lower than MAP pricing...if their are so-inclined.

cobrar97

Reaction score
Which is the better S&B CAI? Cotton or Dry??
Looks like the cotton has better flow numbers. The dry would require zero maintenance. I never keep a vehicle long enough to need to maintenance one, so I always go with the wet filter.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So they came out with this as of what I saw today. Check it out. Does it have a similar design and hp/Torq gains as another. Same dyno? Lol Anyways much better set up then expected. Though it’s open on top. I’m sure seal provided is ineffective to seal at hood. Which I would up grade that if I bought. Over all not bad. I do like it’s straight forward intake tube to throttle. Price humm, I get it. For the price, still think better option or 2

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ I agree, the machine design is what oems use to test their own. Some pretty reliable, no hidden numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread