5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best CAI

DeDax

Reaction score
I just spoke with S&B today and they said their CAI for our 2019 will be released tomorrow, 2/28. Pre-orders are being accepted.

Dredram

Reaction score
Why not just leave the whole truck bone stock....
I like modding and if i didnt care about voiding the warrantee i would do a tune and Vararam intake. I just added a drop in and doing exhaust and gator cover next.

DeDax

Reaction score
Katie Kelly (S&B Filters)
Feb 27, 7:31 AM PST
Hello,
Yes you can place a pre-order via phone. Give us a call at 909 947 0015 and anyone can help you out.
Thank you
Katie Kelly
Breathe easy. Your engine and warranty are protected.

DeDax

Reaction score
Katie Kelly (S&B Filters)
Feb 27, 7:28 AM PST
Hello,
Thank you for your interest in S&B Filters. Part number 75-5124 will be releasing tomorrow.
Thank you
Katie Kelly
Breathe easy. Your engine and warranty are protected.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^ emailed them. Asked where and what the airflow & efficiency numbers are compared to stock and other systems. The reply was they are not published yet and to keep a eye out on the website for them.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do some research. I just read an article about CAI’s and the lack of actual added horsepower. Unless you plan on a big build, the air intake system on the 19 is pretty **** good! I don’t feel, personally, that spending $400 plus is worth it for little to no gains.
I installed AFE magnum force stage 2 couple days ago. My truck is noticeably slower and has a loss of acceleration. Best word i can use to describe is my truck is "Sluggish" compared to the stock intake. BUT --- The sound from the engine is Awesome matched with my magnaflow exhaust. It's the only reason i am leaving it on

Dredram

Reaction score
I installed AFE magnum force stage 2 couple days ago. My truck is noticeably slower and has a loss of acceleration. Best word i can use to describe is my truck is "Sluggish" compared to the stock intake. BUT --- The sound from the engine is Awesome matched with my magnaflow exhaust. It's the only reason i am leaving it on
Hows the mpg?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Came "this" close to ordering the AFE Stage 2 last night since I have a 15% off coupon from AFE but can't get myself to pull the trigger. It's good for 30-days so I'm gonna sit on it for a while unless someone can compel me as to why I should buy it;)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Makes ZERO sense so something else is going on here...you may need to have it looked at. An aftermarket high-flow airbox would not cause what you are experiencing.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Makes ZERO sense so something else is going on here...you may need to have it looked at. An aftermarket high-flow airbox would not cause what you are experiencing.
Securityguy- I completely agree with you and have triple checked all components including hose ends, clamps, temp sensor grommet, NPT fitting, temperature sensor, and clamps... all is secure and i have not received and info/warning messages on my dash. THE only thing i can think of is I ordered the intake with the " blue oiled filter".. Maybe the "gray DRY filter" might make a difference? but realistically that doesn't sense either... If you have any suggestions please add.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Came "this" close to ordering the AFE Stage 2 last night since I have a 15% off coupon from AFE but can't get myself to pull the trigger. It's good for 30-days so I'm gonna sit on it for a while unless someone can compel me as to why I should buy it;)
I was going to wait until spring to see if something else came out but when I was able to get 25% discount on it i had to buy it.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to wait until spring to see if something else came out but when I was able to get 25% discount on it i had to buy it.
Same situation I found myself in last week when I found the 3.5 SST Readylift online for 25% off @ $650.00. How do i pass that up? bought it

Users who are viewing this thread