5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best CAI

Dredram

Reaction score
I just read this makes alot of sense. "A cars engine only takes in what air flow that's needed not what additional flow thats available from a performance filter"

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i bought this and it came in today.i havent install it yet cause of the bad weather we have here in upstate NY,but this what i bought along with the mud flaps,borla atak exhaust.replacement tow mirrors(coming),nerf bars,etc.order all at once.only had my truck now for 3wks.

Attachments

• 20190303_180249.jpg
    20190303_180249.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 223

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i bought this and it came in today.i havent install it yet cause of the bad weather we have here in upstate NY,but this what i bought along with the mud flaps,borla atak exhaust.replacement tow mirrors(coming),nerf bars,etc.order all at once.only had my truck now for 3wks.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/airaid-...ilter-5-7l-dodge-ram-1500-2018-2019/p/300759/

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hate to say it. But unless k&n comes out with something newly amazing set up, i wouldn’t even look that way. To many high quality options available for our new model already that show above the kn kits of past.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going with the Magnaflow B2 setup and adding an AFE Stage 2. Both together would be around $560 without any discounting. Can get both for far less than the cost of the full cat-back itself and I don't think I'll notice any difference in performance. Thoughts?

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going with the Magnaflow B2 setup and adding an AFE Stage 2. Both together would be around $560 without any discounting. Can get both for far less than the cost of the full cat-back itself and I don't think I'll notice any difference in performance. Thoughts?
With that set up you'll notice a difference it puts less stress on the engine. It will let it breathe easy.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
With that set up you'll notice a difference it puts less stress on the engine. It will let it breathe easy.

Thanks Don...maybe I wasn't clear in my post. What I wanted to say was that I don't think I'll notice any performance difference between a muffler replacement like the Magnaflow B2 setup versus the full blown Magnaflow cat-back setup.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My question back is. What is your plan in the end?

A great exhaust note and allowing the engine to breathe easier for better performance. Replacing the muffler with a straight through design will make a huge difference in this department and I then need to decide if the AFE Stage 2 is the way to go or just buy the AFE drop in filter for less than 1/3 the cost. I don't see the factory plenum going from the airbox to the throttle body being restrictive at all. I am willing to spend the money and not nickel and dime this but to spend money and not get any real benefit makes no sense to me so trying to figure this out BEFORE I make the investment and then wish I'd gone a different path. Open to any and all thoughts on the topic.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want some rumble and growl with some gain of efficiency go with that set up.

I still believe at stock tune parameters, and not sure what your plans are for the future the truck.........
simple b2 muffler replacement and charcoal filter removal w/high flow drop in filter will be the best bang for buck. Still active the efficiency and growl your looking for. And still allows to easily keep upgrading or back to stock with no major money lost.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you want some rumble and growl with some gain of efficiency go with that set up.

I still believe at stock tune parameters, and not sure what your plans are for the future the truck.........
simple b2 muffler replacement and charcoal filter removal w/high flow drop in filter will be the best bang for buck. Still active the efficiency and growl your looking for. And still allows to easily keep upgrading or back to stock with no major money lost.

Which high flow drop-in would you suggest?

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not up on the differences in the filters. Are all the drop in high flows roughly the same? Is it just a matter of dry vs oiled. Not sure how much thought I should be putting into it.
I'd say there all fairly the same. I just mentioned the dry one for less upkeep. I personally bought the Spectre drop in filter before I got my aFe magnum intake. It worked great no complaints it's only like $26 on eBay too!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any would be fine. I would actually do a Spectre first as it’s made by kn and most to all drop ins are the same design and number of filter layers. It’s about 20$ on amazon

Users who are viewing this thread