5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS 4" vs. Rough Country 5" for 2020 Air Suspension

Johnnyd75

Reaction score
Mine is a 2020 but everything you want to do is what I did. I would go 1” or 1.5” spacers in the front. I did 2” all around and it looks great but I had rubbing issues in the front that required me to trim the inner plastic. Not a big deal but also not ideal.
Great looking truck. Are you saying wheel spacers? I have the same truck but just have Daystar level spacers and RC brackets. Stock 22”s with 33” x 12.5 Open country AT3’s. How much did it run you to have done?

Attachments

• B08EDF42-C411-4CFD-BC0C-9F7CBA8455CC.jpeg
    B08EDF42-C411-4CFD-BC0C-9F7CBA8455CC.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 8850247C-9F42-4A6E-ADE5-CAB6A0D252E9.jpeg
    8850247C-9F42-4A6E-ADE5-CAB6A0D252E9.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 184

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted or know someone that has both the RC 5" air suspension lift and a 2 - 3" body lift installed? I saw a 5th Gen 1500 the other day that was at least 3 or 4 inches taller than me on 37s. It definitely had the 5" spacers on the airbag struts but idk what else he had done. Didn't stuck around to ask since this was in a mall parking lot. Just curious as I'd like to run 37s in the future and wasn't sure if anyone else also threw a body lift on with the 5 inch lift or what issues that would even cause.

kcchief_fan

Reaction score
Anyone with the RC 5” kit have overall height measurements? Trying to compare for fitting through the car wash 🧼😃
Overall Measurements BDS 4"

Overall Measurements RC 5"

As you can see both lifts are about the same I don't believe either's claim of lift height.

ExT

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to installed the 2020 BDS 4” kit on a 2021 limited 1500. if so, how did it go?
Thank in advance.

I35it

Reaction score
What’s up everybody. I went with the BDS kit with 35” tires on 20x10 wheels. The ride is pretty smooth from what I can tell since Hawaii has some crappy roads. There was rubbing when in normal mode and I corrected that by removing the little mud flaps. The tires barely catch the wheel liner while in aero mode. I posted pics of the truck in the different modes.
1. Entry/exit
2. Aero
3. Normal
4. Off road
What size rims do you have on?

I35it

Reaction score
I know the kits say you have to run a 20" rim, but could you run an 18 with say -18 offset and be good?

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to installed the 2020 BDS 4” kit on a 2021 limited 1500. if so, how did it go?
Thank in advance.

Had it put on my 2021 yesterday. Bds finally declared the kit to work for 2021s a few weeks ago.

Reactions: ExT

Aaron987

Reaction score
What’s up everybody. I went with the BDS kit with 35” tires on 20x10 wheels. The ride is pretty smooth from what I can tell since Hawaii has some crappy roads. There was rubbing when in normal mode and I corrected that by removing the little mud flaps. The tires barely catch the wheel liner while in aero mode. I posted pics of the truck in the different modes.
1. Entry/exit
2. Aero
3. Normal
4. Off road
which tires are these?

Jr22

Reaction score
I got the wheels I ordered from back in December of 2020 a few weeks ago. Ordered the 4inch bds lift it was a 10 week at the time. Expected around 2nd or 3rd week of September to get everything installed. I am little torn between my tire options I am stuck between ridge grapplers or the recon grapplers

ExT

Reaction score
Had it put on my 2021 yesterday. Bds finally declared the kit to work for 2021s a few weeks ago.
Nice. Been waiting for awhile. Do you have any official link that I can show to my shop? How long did it take you to have it delivered?

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Nice. Been waiting for awhile. Do you have any official link that I can show to my shop? How long did it take you to have it delivered?
They confirmed via phone call by my shop. They said it would be 8 weeks but only took 2 weeks.

Reactions: ExT

evillrdnikon

Reaction score
Does anyone with their limited have any issues with the trucks feature (adaptive cruise control, lane assist, park assist, blind spot detection, etc)? With your big tires and lifts has anyone noticed an impact to any of those features?

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Does anyone with their limited have any issues with the trucks feature (adaptive cruise control, lane assist, park assist, blind spot detection, etc)? With your big tires and lifts has anyone noticed an impact to any of those features?
I don't use lane assist or park assist so I can't speak to those. But I've had no issues with ACC or blind spot detection. Everything still works as intended.

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
I've got the RC 5" lift going on next week. Does anyone know the stock length of the air suspension links so that I can give the measurements to the shop doing the work? I don't have my factory links anymore--only my adjustable ones. Going to need to give them the factory lengths so they can change the lengths on my adjustable links.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
ACC, LKA, proximity sensors, blind spot, and autopark all still work same as stock. The only thing I noticed was the "seams" on the 360 camera don't seem to line up as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I've got the RC 5" lift going on next week. Does anyone know the stock length of the air suspension links so that I can give the measurements to the shop doing the work? I don't have my factory links anymore--only my adjustable ones. Going to need to give them the factory lengths so they can change the lengths on my adjustable links.

This post shows 7.5 mm from center to center of the plastic caps.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Jr22

Reaction score
Ordered my 4inch air BDS kit in 1st week of August still waiting. Called BDS they said it could take up to 10-12 weeks. Which puts my new ETA between Oct 16 to the 30th.

Users who are viewing this thread