5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS 4" vs. Rough Country 5" for 2020 Air Suspension

CanRebel

Reaction score
Just got home from trying something with the air suspension. I set the height to off road 1 and turned off the aero mode, but when i was going just above 40ish mph, it gave me the 'slow down or we're going to lower your truck dude' message....and it did. I hate that I can't pick any ..of the height settings and then it stays there. Maybe there's a way...

I have 2021 Rebel with air. It's label different, but basically same.
exit/entry mode that will go aero if driving over certain speed
aero mode
normal
off-road
Can turn off aero mode in settings, but not off-road.
Mine doesn't tell me any messages when I turn it off in settings.

Jr22

Reaction score
Install Date is today should be ready tomorrow afternoon

Jr22

Reaction score
Well how is it?
Absolutely amazing. I’m very very pleased the way the truck turned out. Fitment, stance, handling, very very little tire noise from the 35x12.5 nitto ridge grapplers. I just been driving the truck non stop since I picked it up from the shop. My main concern was if I ordered the correct offset to make sure the tires where flush with the factory fender flares that the limited have and still fit a 12.5 wide tire and have zero rubbing issues. The shop did not even have to trim anything at all 975B3BD4-2437-4AE9-82DE-42498A3F293A.jpeg

Synergy26

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing. I’m very very pleased the way the truck turned out. Fitment, stance, handling, very very little tire noise from the 35x12.5 nitto ridge grapplers. I just been driving the truck non stop since I picked it up from the shop. My main concern was if I ordered the correct offset to make sure the tires where flush with the factory fender flares that the limited have and still fit a 12.5 wide tire and have zero rubbing issues. The shop did not even have to trim anything at all View attachment 114231
Come on more pics, what offset and rims did you go with?

Jr22

Reaction score
Im trying to post some but everytime i upload a picture it says something went wrong. Im guessing the file size is too big?

Jr22

Reaction score
Come on more pics, what offset and rims did you go with?

Domt1775

Reaction score
Mine is a 2020 but everything you want to do is what I did. I would go 1” or 1.5” spacers in the front. I did 2” all around and it looks great but I had rubbing issues in the front that required me to trim the inner plastic. Not a big deal but also not ideal.
any issues with it voiding the warranty? Have heard horror stories about the dealer locking the vin when you bring it in and its not stock

Domt1775

Reaction score
I installed the BDS 4" air suspension kit for the 2019 on my 2020 Limited Ecodiesel. If fit perfect. Only issue we ran into was the directions show the install for a hemi. The Ecodiesel required some improvising for the R&I of the front diff bracket. Kit works perfect, all modes operate as they should. I am running 35x12.50R22 Ridge Grapplers. It does not look like 37" tires could be make to fit withhout significant metal cutting. View attachment 63874 View attachment 63875
Run into any issues with the dealership and the warranty? Want to have this same kit installed but have heard horror stories about dealerships locking the vin after seeing its modified.

Domt1775

Reaction score
looks awesome!!

I have a limited with the same lift and 35x12.5x20 with FUEL wheels a white Limited. Rides great! Looks great!

Question: have you put any weight in it? I picked up a load this weekend. Only about 1500 lbs. the right rear air shock failed and completely blew off the truck.... Its getting fixed today. The payload limit says 2300.

Anyone hear of any issues like this?
The dealership repaired it even with the lift on? As I have mentioned already, I have heard horror stories about the dealer refusing to fix air suspension parts under warranty if there is a lift.

Johnnyd75

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limited with air ride. Anyone with either lift in the Charleston,SC area? Really want it I see the difference before I do it.

Jr22

Reaction score
Hey there looks great! I have the same exact truck. May I ask for some info? At normal level what is the height from ground to bottom of side mirror?
mom debating on BDS 4” or RC 6” just not sure.
If you have air ride your only options are 4"BDS or 5"RC dont think there are any 6" kits out there for the air ride.

Jr22

Reaction score
Hey what is your offset?
Brixton Forged did all the work for me, I told them I dont want any tire poke out. Told them the spec of the tires I wanted and they worked with bds to get the perfect offset that I wanted. From what they told me it is a -8 offset they did for me. Absolutely zero rubbing with zero trimming

Johnnyd75

Reaction score
I think your gear ratio is the biggest factor. 3.92 not so much falling out of 8th. 3.21, expect it more often with bigger/heavier wheels and a lift.
Granted I’m speaking of HEMI experience, but the gears are biggest factor for what you’re asking. My 3.21 HEMI with the RC 5” and 35’s drops a lot now and MPG is around 12.5 MPG (a lot of 3+ mpg).
I know this is old but do I need to do anything else after the 5” RC lift on my air ride? Besides speedometer? Any issues with truck going into Aero mode on highway?

ecwolf

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help here...
I got the RC 5" lift on my limited and noticed all 4 corners of the truck are sitting at a different height. The shop that installed it is saying its something wrong with the truck, go figure.
So has anyone had this problem and gotten it fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread