5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Base 6 speaker upgrade options?

rick619

Reaction score
I think you don't really need the bypass unless you are adding a sub or amp. I got my amp harness out and cut the PAC harness and 16 solder connections later its ready to hook to power and install.

I felt like there wasn't as much bass without the ANC bypass. I finished installing the rear speakers yesterday, sounds great (for a system with no amp or sub). I'll have to try unplugging the ANC bypass and see if I hear a difference.

I'm definitely wanting an amp now and probably a sub, but that's out of my league as far as installation. I was pretty excited to get the speakers done. It's been 105 degrees here the last few weeks. So I got started at about 6:30AM yesterday morning. I got it done much quicker than the front. So developing my 'youtube speaker installer' skills.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
With the PAC bypass and wire extension harness; it's pretty foolproof to add speakers/subs. The LPH harness extends the factory location wiring to the back of the cab where you can mount an amp. There is no running wire to any speaker locations, and no hacking or cutting harnesses. The CH41/42 plugs directly in between your oem radio and factory or aftermarket amp. Adding a sub/speaker amp is nothing more than pulling some 0/4 gauge cable from the battery to the back wall and plugging in the connections.

If you really want simple; Net Audio makes a pretty close to plug and play subwoofer that goes right in where the factory one was.
2019-up Ram 5th Gen Crew Cab 1500 Behind the Seat Audio

Or you could do an underseat with the Pac Sub option.
APSUB-CH42

rick619

Reaction score
With the PAC bypass and wire extension harness; it's pretty foolproof to add speakers/subs. The LPH harness extends the factory location wiring to the back of the cab where you can mount an amp. There is no running wire to any speaker locations, and no hacking or cutting harnesses. The CH41/42 plugs directly in between your oem radio and factory or aftermarket amp. Adding a sub/speaker amp is nothing more than pulling some 0/4 gauge cable from the battery to the back wall and plugging in the connections.

If you really want simple; Net Audio makes a pretty close to plug and play subwoofer that goes right in where the factory one was.
2019-up Ram 5th Gen Crew Cab 1500 Behind the Seat Audio

Or you could do an underseat with the Pac Sub option.
APSUB-CH42

I didn't know you could add an amp without having to run new wires to all the speakers. Which device would let me add an amp and a sub later? I'd probably do the amp first and then a sub later since it looks like an amp is much more affordable.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
90% of all installers utilize the factory wires. Pulling wires through the door is time consuming and expensive. 18ga is sufficient in most cases.

The pac ch41r2, or ch42, with the harness extention I linked would allow you to add amp now and sub later. If adding an amp I'd seriously consider an amp dsp combo.

Users who are viewing this thread