5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome Console Safe...

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine just came today. I'll put it in over the weekend.
Good to hear. I finally called, since their site's order status page said I had no order, and she said she'd ship it today and I should have it by Tuesday. Said they were having delays due to snow storms (they're in Texas). Very nice lady.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just took the time this morning, with this awesome FL weather...87 degrees today, to install my Lock'erDown Exxtreme safe :) The quality of this safe is excellent and the 12 gauge construction with the 10 gauge top makes this thing feel like it's part of an armored vehicle. No way in he** that anyone is getting into this safe.

Here are pics of my install:

Came very well protected in the shipping box with a very nice note Welcoming All 5thGENRAMS members a big welcome to the Lock'erDown family which I thought was very nice.
RAM SAFE.JPG
Unboxed unit.
RAM SAFE2.JPG
Unit with open top on my bench. I installed the available interior light.
RAM SAFE3.JPG
The interior light on which is a very nice touch.
RAM SAFE4.JPG
Center console bottom rubber tray cut to fit the safe installation.
RAM SAFE5.JPG
Center console plastic tabs removed.
RAM SAFE6.JPG
Safe installed with closed lid.
RAM SAFE7.JPG
Safe installed with open lid.
RAM SAFE8.JPG

For anyone interested in the highest quality and most secure gun safe you can buy, I recommend that you take advantage of this GROUP BUY 10% off with a FREE GUN MAGNET and FREE shipping. I love the keypad lock because if you turn the knob 45 degrees, it will stay closed but available for super quick access just by turning the knob back 45 degrees. To lock it up and secure the unit where you would need to use your code, just turn it 90 degrees. This way you can have fast access should you need it and then fully secure the safes contents when leaving the vehicle...LOVE THIS capability!

jrr907

Reaction score
How long did it take from the time you placed order till delivery ? Ordered mine on 2/16 waiting on shipping date.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
How long did it take from the time you placed order till delivery ? Ordered mine on 2/16 waiting on shipping date.
They were shut down due to the bad snow and ice they had across TX and all shipping came to a halt. My order was placed on the 8th and just came mid-last week.

bigalf

Reaction score
I ordered on 17th. Coming tomorrow. How do you pull the tabs off?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I ordered on 17th. Coming tomorrow. How do you pull the tabs off?
Took a flat blade screwdriver and placed it on the top of tab where it meets the console and then gave it a slight whack with my hand it pulled away slightly and then just pryed it off. Even if it breaks a clip on the tab, you don't need them any more anyway. I just threw mine in the trash even though they came out unscathed. Very easy install and the self-taping screws work well to bite into the plastic. Just don't over tighten the screws since you are screwing into plastic. This thing isn't going anywhere once you install the two side screws and 2 back ones. You're going to be very impressed with the build and the gauge of the steel on this thing.

Last edited:

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got it installed today. I little tough reaching the back screws, but still an easy install. Surprised at how heavy it is and it is obviously very well made. The hand written notes were cool and reflected their great customer support. Highly recommend this console safe.

I do want to get some kind of soft drawer liner or something and cut it to fit the console floor inside the safe.

Delivered:
20210302_142955.jpg

Installed:
20210302_155627.jpg

Still have full slide function:
20210302_155647.jpg

Easy opening:
20210302_155710.jpg

Test fit a sub compact:
20210302_155759.jpg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Got it installed today. I little tough reaching the back screws, but still an easy install. Surprised at how heavy it is and it is obviously very well made. The hand written notes were cool and reflected their great customer support. Highly recommend this console safe.

I do want to get some kind of soft drawer liner or something and cut it to fit the console floor inside the safe.
Nice! What I did is, after I cut the plastic liner in the bottom of the console to fit the safe, I took the section closest to the rear and cut it to a perfect fit in the bottom of the safe. The rubber helps pad the bottom and stops my gun from sliding around. You may wish to use this piece of rubber versus throwing it away.

Nova90

Reaction score
Looks great. How might this compare to the Mopar option that comes in the Built to Serve editions?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks great. How might this compare to the Mopar option that comes in the Built to Serve editions?
The MOPAR option is made by Tuffy I believe. The gauge of the steel is only 16 and can be easily bent and pryed open. No security at all...just looks nice which is not the purpose of a safe. The LD safe is 12 gauge cold rolled steel and built like a tank. You also have the option to get the EXTREEME safe that uses 10 gauge steel which I, and most most other members, did since the cost differential is not that great. You also get several high security lock options on the LD safe. It appears most are splurging for the high security and most easily accessible digital keypad option. Pricey but SUPER NICE! If you are looking for a great safe and something super secure, there is no other option. This is why I did the Group Buy with this manufacturer. Go for the BEST or don't go at all;)

Nova90

Reaction score
The MOPAR option is made by Tuffy I believe. The gauge of the steel is only 16 and can be easily bent and pryed open. No security at all...just looks nice which is not the purpose of a safe. The LD safe is 12 gauge cold rolled steel and built like a tank. You also have the option to get the EXTREEME safe that uses 10 gauge steel which I, and most most other members, did since the cost differential is not that great. You also get several high security lock options on the LD safe. It appears most are splurging for the high security and most easily accessible digital keypad option. Pricey but SUPER NICE! If you are looking for a great safe and something super secure, there is no other option. This is why I did the Group Buy with this manufacturer. Go for the BEST or don't go at all;)
Thanks, it looks like a good option for securing the firearm when not carrying it concealed carry.

Overkill77

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for someone to make a safe for the non bucket seat quad cabs. I miss having the under fold up seat safe like they made for my 07 Ram.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! What I did is, after I cut the plastic liner in the bottom of the console to fit the safe, I took the section closest to the rear and cut it to a perfect fit in the bottom of the safe. The rubber helps pad the bottom and stops my gun from sliding around. You may wish to use this piece of rubber versus throwing it away.
I erred while cutting it to fit, but was able to use most of it. Used a couple of adhesive backed Scotch Gripper pads in place of the front part I screwed up and secured the rubber mat with some 3M sticky tape. Worked out pretty well I think.

20210308_175948.jpg
20210308_175955.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread