5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome Console Safe...

Vettethret

Reaction score
Not much difference in the height of the dial lock and the fancy lock I got. Haha maybe a few mm’s.
Sorry. Didn’t have anything to measure with except my finger

I wanted to order the full size non low profile box for my Laramie and called the company. They told me the box measures 10". The problem with that is the tray wont slide at all, so there's no way to reach the 12 volt plug at the bottom right of the console, so that is out for me!

Question for the guys who have bought the low profile model, is there enough room in your opinion to make the $300+ Investment worth while? I want to be able to put my 45 and other non bulky items in the box?

laminad

Reaction score
I wanted to order the full size non low profile box for my Laramie and called the company. They told me the box measures 10". The problem with that is the tray wont slide at all, so there's no way to reach the 12 volt plug at the bottom right of the console, so that is out for me!

Question for the guys who have bought the low profile model, is there enough room in your opinion to make the $300+ Investment worth while? I want to be able to put my 45 and other non bulky items in the box?

I can't comment if it's worth your $300 because that's a personal value judgement. For me, I have to have a lockable storage compartment that's not the glovebox, and this was a much better option than making the rear seat storage bins lockable.

If you practice safety rules, then the muzzle should never point at anything unless that's the intended target. So, I put a magnet in there and the muzzle is pointed at a downward angle towards the back. - 4" slide fits fine. Anything that's CCW size is going to fit fine, unless you're dirty harry. I haven't tried my 6" long slides, since those are special purpose - hunting and backcountry.

Good luck with your decision. I am very pleased with my safe. I kind of wish I got the fancy lock, but I didn't want to deal with batteries.

SlowArrow

Reaction score

I installed one of the low models in mine, and I believe there is room for your 45, and some other items as well. The heavy gauge material (I bought the extreme) used makes a very safe storage for a handgun. I’m very pleased with mine purchase.

John

Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the plastic tabs "without" breaking them??

John

cjmst23

Reaction score
For those of you with LIMITED and LONGHORN waiting for the extra extra low profile safe that allows full sliding console functionality....getting closer to production. Here's the prototype :
IMG951385.jpg

cjmst23

Reaction score
How deep is it?
It's on its way to my house.... Should have on 27th. I'll provide dimensions. But, it's sized so the top of the lock fits under the "fill line" in the console.... Which is 4" from the lowest part of the console. So the safe has to be somewhere around 3" tall.

This pic shows with full size weapon (not mine, looks like Tommy's from goodfellas) IMG951390.jpg

cjmst23

Reaction score
Nice! Any issues with installing?
Nope.....pull the mat out and cut along the line.

Pop out the 2 clips for the flip up wall.... Remove flip up wall.

Drop in safe and put in 2 self tapping screws.

geotex1

Reaction score
FYI - for those that break the clips for the flip up bulkhead, they are available should you want to ever return to stock. I can post part numbers if there's demand. Retail they go for about $9 each side.

RenoRam

Reaction score
Nope.....pull the mat out and cut along the line.

Pop out the 2 clips for the flip up wall.... Remove flip up wall.

Drop in safe and put in 2 self tapping screws.
Thanks (y)

cjmst23

Reaction score
Lo IMG951390.jpg
It's tight because of the low profile requirements to fit under the sliding console.... But it easily hold firearms plus room for other stuff.
Here's mine open and a shot from Lockerdown with a full size weapon. IMG_20181227_103759732.jpg

Mark313

Reaction score
cjmst23 thanks for your lead on this, I received the HD version for Christmas for my BigHorn, and fit perfectly!!!

cubsflfan

Reaction score
I installed one of the low models in mine, and I believe there is room for your 45, and some other items as well. The heavy gauge material (I bought the extreme) used makes a very safe storage for a handgun. I’m very pleased with mine purchase.
I fit my CCW 9 and a full size 40 at the same time with room to spare.

Users who are viewing this thread