5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome Console Safe...

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
OK.... Talked to Lock'er Down yesterday. Safes will be shipping in next 2-3 weeks. They are actually sending me the prototype since I was the 1st order. It will be her FRIDAY.

I will surely post pics and review once installed.
Sweet! Can't wait to see them!!

cjmst23

Reaction score
Houston...

It does not appear to be low enough to allow for the console to slide the whole way back....for me that's a DEAL BREAKER. I also let them know that would be a deal breaker for all of us. I talked with them on Friday and they are reviewing the sizing.

I did not cut and remove the rubber mat at the bottom of the bin just because even though that buys me another 1/4" I think the interference is greater than that and don't want to destroy the mat until I'm certain of the fit. I'll actually probably cut the rubber mat today, because at some point I will have a safe in there.

Now...with that said, I hope they work it out, because the safe is really well made and is super sturdy. It also has a full top door, unlike the Mopar which has a smaller opening. They definitely put care and pride into their work so I am very hopeful.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Houston...

It does not appear to be low enough to allow for the console to slide the whole way back....for me that's a DEAL BREAKER. I also let them know that would be a deal breaker for all of us. I talked with them on Friday and they are reviewing the sizing.

I did not cut and remove the rubber mat at the bottom of the bin just because even though that buys me another 1/4" I think the interference is greater than that and don't want to destroy the mat until I'm certain of the fit. I'll actually probably cut the rubber mat today, because at some point I will have a safe in there.

Now...with that said, I hope they work it out, because the safe is really well made and is super sturdy. It also has a full top door, unlike the Mopar which has a smaller opening. They definitely put care and pride into their work so I am very hopeful.
You've got to be kidding me. How could they not get this right?

cjmst23

Reaction score
So...GREAT NEWS!!!

They accedently sent me the earlier prototype. The ones in production are lower and clear the console.

We're back in business. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So...GREAT NEWS!!!

They accedently sent me the earlier prototype. The ones in production are lower and clear the console.

We're back in business. Should be here in a couple of weeks.
Good to hear. Will it fit with the rubber mat in place?

Couple of weeks though? They should overnight you the replacement... Only fair since it's their screwup.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Is that your truck? Did you have to clut the rubber mat after all?
That's actually not mine. I believe the rubber mat will still need to be cut, but I'll confirm as soon as I get my hands on it. Even the Mopar safe (which I hate because the steel is thin and the lock is lame) requires the mat to be cut.

cjmst23

Reaction score
OK, now I'm bummed. It seems they only designed the safe to allow tray functionality with NON-LIMITED OR LONGHORN consoles. So even the lower safe won't work with Limited or Longhorn consoles. It fits, but won't allow the tray to slide. This is frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread