5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome Console Safe...

John

Reaction score
Changed over to Exxtreme and forum Ambloy lock the tumbler. Actually saved $20.

John

chucka

Reaction score
my lock'er down is the only thing I missed from my gmc…. happy to hear it came out for the new ram now.

still trying to sell my gmc one if anyone knows somebody with a eAssist GMC :)

Attachments

• 42449484_10213930164541476_1479509791297503232_n.jpg
    42449484_10213930164541476_1479509791297503232_n.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 192

WRH

Reaction score
Whoever gets one first, post an install pic! I'm pretty sure this will be the route I take, but would be nice to see a pic of it installed.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone here explain the difference between their Exxtreme line and the regular? Other than $50 for the slim I cannot find a single difference on their site.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Can anyone here explain the difference between their Exxtreme line and the regular? Other than $50 for the slim I cannot find a single difference on their site.
Difference is 2nd layer of steel lining the lid

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
This looks like a great console safe but it's only available for bucket seats / full console. Is there an option out there for us guys with the 6-seat / bench configurations? Perhaps the rear floor safe is the only option?

Thanks,
Leif

John

Reaction score
When I talked to them today, she
This looks like a great console safe but it's only available for bucket seats / full console. Is there an option out there for us guys with the 6-seat / bench configurations? Perhaps the rear floor safe is the only option?

Thanks,
Leif
Call them, I spoke to them yesterday and very helpful!!!

John

flffpm

Reaction score
Looks like a nice vault. I like the key pad vs (yet another) key.

I impulse bought the OEM vault from my dealer when I went there for all weather mats, it was surprisingly in stock. The OEM seems sturdy and does not interfere with sliding tray. I bought it mostly just for peace of mind, to be able to leave something in there and deter the average smash and grab.

EDIT: Plus the lid on the Lock'er Down console safe is larger than the OEM offering...see pic below. Good things come to those that wait, but I just wanted to be able to leave a spare in the truck... it is not for the edc in my situation.

Attachments

• IMG_5554.JPG
    IMG_5554.JPG
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I went 4 digit combo lock. Simple, effective, no batteries, no $150 upgrade charge .... Can always upgrade if not happy, but that's what I had on the safe in my 13 Ram and it was good.
Sweet... Good to know. Don’t forget to post photos of the install :)

Cheers,

John

Reaction score
Definitely will... When it finally arrives
Hope they ship SOON, I'm anxious to see how it fits! I'm assuming the rubber mat in the bottom of the console remains as is!!

John

W9MCP

Reaction score
There’s a comment on the MoparOnlineParts.Com site that this blocks the console from sliding, so I’m glad yours worked w/o any issues. I was planning to snag one of these since they’re factory-fit without extra holes, per the install guide below. How did the exacto knife of the factory tray go?

https://moparonlineparts.com/docs/82215519.pdf

Thanks!

Looks like a nice vault. I like the key pad vs (yet another) key.

I impulse bought the OEM vault from my dealer when I went there for all weather mats, it was surprisingly in stock. The OEM seems sturdy and does not interfere with sliding tray. I bought it mostly just for peace of mind, to be able to leave something in there and deter the average smash and grab.

EDIT: Plus the lid on the Lock'er Down console safe is larger than the OEM offering...see pic below. Good things come to those that wait, but I just wanted to be able to leave a spare in the truck... it is not for the edc in my situation.

John

Reaction score
Check out the Lock'er Down console vault, they offer a low profile unit that does not block the slider!

John

chucka

Reaction score
Just ordered the Low Profile version (LD2078)

Excited to get it!

also, fwiw..... Best Customer Service ever

Last edited:

John

Reaction score
Just ordered the Low Profile version (LD2078)

Excited to get it!

also, fwiw..... Best Customer Service ever
Yes, super friendly and helpful! Congrats, now you can wait with the rest of us!!

John

John

cjmst23

Reaction score
OK.... Talked to Lock'er Down yesterday. Safes will be shipping in next 2-3 weeks. They are actually sending me the prototype since I was the 1st order. It will be her FRIDAY.

I will surely post pics and review once installed.

Users who are viewing this thread