5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AWE 0FG Catback Exhaust Suite for the 5th Gen RAM, available now.

0051 MAR

Reaction score
Hey, for anyone looking to get a Corsa system direct from the manufacturer, I got a coupon code that I don't need. 15% off of $250 or more through January 2022. First come can have it. If you were looking for a reason to pull the trigger...

AX8GE9RF2T1W

Klicht87

Reaction score
Hey, for anyone looking to get a Corsa system direct from the manufacturer, I got a coupon code that I don't need. 15% off of $250 or more through January 2022. First come can have it. If you were looking for a reason to pull the trigger...

AX8GE9RF2T1W
That's a good discount coupon, somebody better take it. I ordered the AWE off FASTMODZ and got a 10% off code for military/veterans so that was the push I needed.

JVS0302

Reaction score
Well, after weeks of countless hours watching every exhaust video on the internet, I finally bit the bullet and ordered the AWE 0FG for my 2021 Laramie. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to spend that much again on another exhaust and even considered the B2 Fab with resonator deletes, I just didn't want to risk spending half as much and being disappointed. Plus I didn't want to deal with drone. I'll will provide some detailed updates and reviews once I receive it and get it installed.

Although I have the white with the midnight package, I ordered chrome tips because I feel like the black just gets lost underneath and you can't really see the beauty of this system.
I don't think you will be disappointed

Klicht87

Reaction score
Alright folks, the AWE 0FG system is installed. Shoutout to fastmodz.com for excellent price and free 2 day shipping.

First thing's first...ZERO DRONE, at any speed. Can't even tell the difference when MDS kicks in. I don't disable mine like most others do because I never heard it. You get a slight growl when the truck starts back up from the auto start/stop.
Cabin noise is next to non-existent besides flooring it. I also don't have a front midpipe resonator before the muffler.

Fitment: Spot on, with more smaller pipe sections it did make for better fitment, especially coming from the Borla ATAK (that was a PITA). Install was a little more difficult than I had planned, but still not bad at all. With this system having a Y-pipe, it was a little tight under the bed and was a little close to a wiring that it asks you to wire tie down. I had a head shield wrap from my Borla ATAK still installed there so I just readjusted that.

Unless your stomping on it, it's relatively quiet. Cold starts are on the louder side but nowhere near the ATAK and it calms down pretty quick. Going through neighborhoods and cycling through the lower gears is not an issue.

Overall, this is an amazing system, nice quality parts, and excellent fitment. You even get a charms blowpop (got my favorite flavor - grape). If you want a nice sounding Catback system that is not obnoxious, loud when you want, zero drone, relative no cabin noise, this is the system for you. Price is comparable to every other system, with coupons/promo codes, and the two tailpipes with a smaller section for more adjustability for the tips makes it perfect. I also got the chrome tips instead of the black chrome because I think the black tips get lost underneath and don't get that excitement of seeing an aftermarket system...and it was a little bit cheaper.

Long winded, I know but there aren't many reviews on this system and with exhaust being so subject, I wanted to hit on all the major points we all tend to look at.

Attachments

• image1 (12).jpeg
    image1 (12).jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 89
  • image0 (24).jpeg
    image0 (24).jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 87

RamLink83

Reaction score
Alright folks, the AWE 0FG system is installed. Shoutout to fastmodz.com for excellent price and free 2 day shipping.

First thing's first...ZERO DRONE, at any speed. Can't even tell the difference when MDS kicks in. I don't disable mine like most others do because I never heard it. You get a slight growl when the truck starts back up from the auto start/stop.
Cabin noise is next to non-existent besides flooring it. I also don't have a front midpipe resonator before the muffler.

Fitment: Spot on, with more smaller pipe sections it did make for better fitment, especially coming from the Borla ATAK (that was a PITA). Install was a little more difficult than I had planned, but still not bad at all. With this system having a Y-pipe, it was a little tight under the bed and was a little close to a wiring that it asks you to wire tie down. I had a head shield wrap from my Borla ATAK still installed there so I just readjusted that.

Unless your stomping on it, it's relatively quiet. Cold starts are on the louder side but nowhere near the ATAK and it calms down pretty quick. Going through neighborhoods and cycling through the lower gears is not an issue.

Overall, this is an amazing system, nice quality parts, and excellent fitment. You even get a charms blowpop (got my favorite flavor - grape). If you want a nice sounding Catback system that is not obnoxious, loud when you want, zero drone, relative no cabin noise, this is the system for you. Price is comparable to every other system, with coupons/promo codes, and the two tailpipes with a smaller section for more adjustability for the tips makes it perfect. I also got the chrome tips instead of the black chrome because I think the black tips get lost underneath and don't get that excitement of seeing an aftermarket system...and it was a little bit cheaper.

Long winded, I know but there aren't many reviews on this system and with exhaust being so subject, I wanted to hit on all the major points we all tend to look at.
This makes me want to ditch borla touring for this. If I could get a coupon code, I'd probably switch.

Klicht87

Reaction score
This makes me want to ditch borla touring for this. If I could get a coupon code, I'd probably switch.
If you are military/veteran, they have a code. I couldn't find any codes elsewhere and fastmodz was the only one that would apply the code to this system. I'm not sure how the touring sounds so I couldn't tell ya if it's worth the switch.

RamLink83

Reaction score
If you are military/veteran, they have a code. I couldn't find any codes elsewhere and fastmodz was the only one that would apply the code to this system. I'm not sure how the touring sounds so I couldn't tell ya if it's worth the switch.
I'm am not a vet so that won't apply for me. Touring sounds pretty good. Definitely pretty loud on startup and can hear slight rumble at cruising speed. Pretty loud when you stomp the pedal. You can also tell when MDS kicks in with a tone change, but I always deactivate it with the gear selector. I'm just not happy with the fitment. Waiting on a warranty replacement that should be here end of the month.

carbonfold

Reaction score

I'm actually quite pleased with my AWE but I have a little more update regarding the AWE after having it for a few weeks. I can clearly hear when my MDS kicks in. It's a really deep rumble that is surprisingly loud and resonates throughout the cab more than I would like. The MDS is actually deeper and louder than my Borla Pro XS and Flowmaster Super 10 I had on it with the rear resonators removed. This said, I did get a tonneau cover right at the same time of installing the AWE and I'm not sure if that might be amplifying the deeper rumbling... I might try driving around without the cover and see if that reduces the bass'yness of the MDS.

The second thing I've recently noticed is what I've read someone else post on this thread. I also get a drone hum around 1,700-1,900 rpm cruising speeds. It is not overly annoying but it is the upper frequency (not a deep "rattle your head off" drone. More like a constant hum). I would say it is pretty faint but it is there. The only thing I can think of is that I have a 3.92 rear but my truck does have the front mid-pipe resonator so I don't know. I also might dig around on the heat shields and see if anything might be vibrating or anything.

Again, very pleased with the AWE but to be truly fair and honest, it does have a touch of drone in my personal case.

Last edited:

Sdc1213

Reaction score
I'm actually quite pleased with my AWE but I have a little more update regarding the AWE after having it for a few weeks. I can clearly hear when my MDS kicks in. It's a really deep rumble that is surprisingly loud and resonates throughout the cab more than I would like. The MDS is actually deeper and louder than my Borla Pro XS and Flowmaster Super 10 I had on it with the rear resonators removed. This said, I did get a tonneau cover right at the same time of installing the AWE and I'm not sure if that might be amplifying the deeper rumbling... I might try driving around without the cover and see if that reduces the bass'yness of the MDS.

The second thing I've recently noticed is what I've read someone else post on this thread. I also get a drone hum around 1,700-1,900 rpm cruising speeds. It is not overly annoying but it is the upper frequency (not a deep "rattle your head off" drone. More like a constant hum). I would say it is pretty faint but it is there. The only thing I can think of is that I have a 3.92 rear but my truck does have the front mid-pipe resonator so I don't know. I also might dig around on the heat shields and see if anything might be vibrating or anything.

Again, very pleased with the AWE but to be truly fair and honest, it does have a touch of drone in my personal case.
The location of the muffler is causing the truck bed to vibrate and go into the back wall of the cab. The back wall inside the cab has vents that allows sound to easily come through. You could try some sound dampening material as I’m having a similar issue to you. At this point my neighbors bedroom window is right where I park my truck so I may try installing a vibrant ultra quiet resonator to help with the cold starts. I too have 3.92 gears and tonneau cover. I’ve driven without the cover and haven’t noticed any difference. I think it just boils down to the loudness of the exhaust vibrating into the cab.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Just a quick few week follow up: This system sounds awesome when you step on it. It's actually pretty quiet under normal driving conditions and when warmed up. Nowhere near as loud as the Borla Atak I had. I don't have any annoying resonance whatsoever and no odd vibrations someone had in the above thread. If one is going to spend the money, this system would be the one I recommend...or CORSA. Just my opinion before everyone starts jumping on my about BORLA.

I do have one negative for fitment. The muffler flange that connects to the OEM midpipe is not perfectly flat and has a slight wave in it. It seats fine where the bolts are but the opposite sites flare out a bit causing a slight exhaust leak. I've shot a few emails back and forth and was told that their "engineering" team says its normal to leak until carbon builds up. I don't agree with that answer and I'm not really satisfied with their customer service. I'll provide a follow up if they come back with a resolution (i.e. warranty replacement on the muffler is what I suggested).

RamLink83

Reaction score
Just a quick few week follow up: This system sounds awesome when you step on it. It's actually pretty quiet under normal driving conditions and when warmed up. Nowhere near as loud as the Borla Atak I had. I don't have any annoying resonance whatsoever and no odd vibrations someone had in the above thread. If one is going to spend the money, this system would be the one I recommend...or CORSA. Just my opinion before everyone starts jumping on my about BORLA.

I do have one negative for fitment. The muffler flange that connects to the OEM midpipe is not perfectly flat and has a slight wave in it. It seats fine where the bolts are but the opposite sites flare out a bit causing a slight exhaust leak. I've shot a few emails back and forth and was told that their "engineering" team says its normal to leak until carbon builds up. I don't agree with that answer and I'm not really satisfied with their customer service. I'll provide a follow up if they come back with a resolution (i.e. warranty replacement on the muffler is what I suggested).
So far I'm liking the AWE as well. Definitely better fitment and adjustability than the borla. Surprisingly quieter in the cab than the Borla Touring I had. I think I might like the sound of the borla touring slightly better, but the AWE sounds great as well. Louder than the touring on the outside, but not by much. I also like the looks of the AWE tips over the borla.

Bummer to hear your issue with their customer service. Borla has really, really good customer service, so +1 for them on that. Now if only they could update their system to make the tips adjustable like AWE and factory.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Just out of curiosity did you retain the OEM metal gasket when you installed the AWE? If not you need to have that installed in order to seal that connection.

Sdc1213

Reaction score

I agree with you on that. The flange should be sitting completely flush. Is it small enough of a leak to seal it with RTV? I'll have to get under my truck and take a look at mine. Mine sounds like there is a slight leak coming from the muffler area on the passenger side, like a "ticking" or slight rattle.

RamLink83

Reaction score
I agree with you on that. The flange should be sitting completely flush. Is it small enough of a leak to seal it with RTV? I'll have to get under my truck and take a look at mine. Mine sounds like there is a slight leak coming from the muffler area on the passenger side, like a "ticking" or slight rattle.
MIne had a slight tick/rattle when i first installed. Seemed like it was coming from the Y pipe clamps. So I torqued them down close to 70ft/lb and I think that did the trick or at least I hope it did. Haven't really noticed the sound now. The instructions say to torque to at least 60. I'll have to check and see if I notice the sound again. It was very noticable the first time i started it.

Sdc1213

Reaction score
MIne had a slight tick/rattle when i first installed. Seemed like it was coming from the Y pipe clamps. So I torqued them down close to 70ft/lb and I think that did the trick or at least I hope it did. Haven't really noticed the sound now. The instructions say to torque to at least 60. I'll have to check and see if I notice the sound again. It was very noticable the first time i started it.
That sounds about right around the area! Thanks for the input! I'll retorque everything to be sure.

RamLink83

Reaction score
That sounds about right around the area! Thanks for the input! I'll retorque everything to be sure.
I think you can really crank them down, and then the clamp conforms better around the one squared type nut which I think was causing the rattle. Now I'm gonna have to go out there and start my truck to see if mine is still doing it haha.

Klicht87

Reaction score
I also had a leak at the Y pipe. Took it apart and used some exhaust sealant. It's still there but not as bad. I'll have to torque it down some more.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity did you retain the OEM metal gasket when you installed the AWE? If not you need to have that installed in order to seal that connection.
I did use my OEM gasket, 10k miles on it. Still in good condition. I checked a few times for it seating properly. I took a square to the exhaust flange and it does bow out a hair. Just enough to not seal.

Moe70

Reaction score
So overall are all you guys happy with the AWE? I've been going back and forth on systems. Does anyone have any input on the Stainless Works Reline System that is another one I was considering but I really like the sound of the AWE. Was thinking about the Borla Touring but after reading sounds like the fit is terrible and not spending that kind of money to not be happy.

carbonfold

Reaction score
So overall are all you guys happy with the AWE? I've been going back and forth on systems. Does anyone have any input on the Stainless Works Reline System that is another one I was considering but I really like the sound of the AWE. Was thinking about the Borla Touring but after reading sounds like the fit is terrible and not spending that kind of money to not be happy.

So far I'm pretty happy with it. The things that I've discussed have been pretty minor in all honestly, this is to be expected out of all exhaust systems. I do think it is a rather pricey exhaust but it is nice. In my experience, AWE stuff is typically nice but that is coming from the VW/Audi market.

I would say, looking back, I was very please with just swapping out the Borla XS Pro and removing the rear resonators. I probably should have stuck with that as it was a very tamed and zero drone (including MDS) and it is a great match for this truck. I've very surprised that there hasn't been more discussion on that muffler swap here. That said, the aggressiveness, look and appeal of the AWE is all great and still enjoying it so far. It's not a quiet exhaust by all means.

Users who are viewing this thread