5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AWE 0FG Catback Exhaust Suite for the 5th Gen RAM, available now.

Sdc1213

Reaction score
Do you like the Corsa or the AWE better?
Coincidentally and to keep things on topic with the thread, I can honestly say that I like the AWE better. Fitment, Diameter of piping, Tone, and Tips are better to me. I should be able to remedy the cabin loudness of the exhaust with a resonator. I just like the aggressiveness and loudness outside of the vehicle so I don't want to dampen that too much.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
See I had the opposite experience, the Borla you could always hear inside the cab but the AWE I couldnt hear unless I gave it medium to heavy throttle. The AWE is far superior in build quality, fit and finish than the Borla while the sound is more...refined I guess would be the best way to describe it compared to the Borla.

Sdc1213

Reaction score
See I had the opposite experience, the Borla you could always hear inside the cab but the AWE I couldnt hear unless I gave it medium to heavy throttle. The AWE is far superior in build quality, fit and finish than the Borla while the sound is more...refined I guess would be the best way to describe it compared to the Borla.

Do you have the resonated or non resonated midpipe? Thanks

RamLink83

Reaction score
I recently bought the AWE exhaust and had them install it at their shop in Horsham, PA for my Ram. They went ahead and pulled the Corsa catback off. Their shop is EXTREMELY nice, very clean and the employees were all friendly. The installation was very well done. The welds are top notch and the pipe looks to be of high quality, and the fitment is perfect. They weren't kidding on that guarantee. The sound is deep and the cold starts are aggressive, it truly does have an amazing sound.

The downside that I've noticed is that there is constant volume in the cab while you're driving. If you let off the throttle, it goes away, but as you're cruising down the freeway at 60-70mph, you WILL hear this exhaust all the time. Unfortunately, I was under the impression that it was only loud when you lay into the throttle and goes dead silent when cruising, this is not the case. My Ram did not come with the resonator from the factory on the mid pipe. If it did, it would probably drop the volume down a little but nothing substantial.

At this point, I'm not sure if adding a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator will do the trick or not.

Of course take my opinion with a grain of salt as sound is very subjective to everyone, differently.
I live about an hour away from Horsham. What did they charge for the install? I recently installed the Borla Touring, while I'm happy with the sound, the fitment is horrible. Can't get the darn tip on the passenger side aligned. Really wish they had the tips adjustable like factory and AWE. Wonder how much louder AWE is compared to Borla. WOuld be nice to hear before buying.

AlexMaxiMen

Reaction score

+1 point goes to reason to buy AWE exhaust . Thank you for answer

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

RamLink83

Reaction score
The fit and finish of the AWE is amazing
Have you heard any of the borla's to compare the sound? I have a borla touring which im hoping to return under warranty because it fits like crap, but don't want something that would be much louder than the borla touring.

JVS0302

Reaction score
Have you heard any of the borla's to compare the sound? I have a borla touring which im hoping to return under warranty because it fits like crap, but don't want something that would be much louder than the borla touring.
Unfortunately I have not heard any of the Borla's in person. I can tell you I have gotten nothing but compliments on this exhaust. Long trips with the family and not one complaint. No, it is never completely silent like stock at cruising, but it is a good sound and non-intrusive, there is no drone with this exhaust. It sounds crisp, not overly bassy. And like I said the fit and finish is unmatched.

carbonfold

Reaction score
The AWE system is now on. It has more of an upper tone and not as deep as say a Super 10 (besides during acceleration). Laid back at idle but really opens up and sounds throaty on acceleration. The acceleration tone/sound is great and I can see why AWE gets kudos for it.

During cold start it is not as loud as the Super 10 but it is louder than the Borla XS Pro. During heavy acceleration the AWE is loud/throaty and I think this is where it really shines. It goes from not too loud to really opened up with a really good balanced tone. Idling and light acceleration is good but not a deep as I was expecting but it it is still plenty deep. That said, it is a lot more manageable in cruises and DD commutes so with that I'm good with that and the acceleration makes up for it by a landslide.

Some of my thoughts on a couple A/B's on this truck:

Borla XS Pro - 3 inch i/o (rear resonators removed but w/ stock mid resonator) - quieter at cold start, not overly deep, moderate aggressive acceleration but overall much quieter (across the board) than the Super 10 and AWE. Surprisingly refined and controlled sound for only a muffler swap. Perfect for someone wanting a slight performance sound bump over stock without breaking the bank and do not have to worry about drone or too loud. Someone who tips more towards deeper and louder maybe seeking something a little louder/more aggressive.

Flowmaster Super 10 - 3 inch i/o (rear resonators removed but w/ stock mid resonator) - louder/deeper at cold start, can be a little too deep in tone (drone prone), deep aggressive acceleration but more in the raw sense (classic and sounds like a Flowmaster). Rawer in tone vs the Borla XS Pro and AWE but that is not a bad thing as that would be subjective preference. Not as "singing" in tone during acceleration compared to the AWE but classic Flowmaster deeper truck sounds. Might be too loud for more conservative exhaust seekers but it is not overly annoying either. A little drone prone at certain cruising/DD times but it is very minor and most people who tips more towards deeper/louder probably would not have an issue (but ultra sensitive ears might). A little sensitive at acceleration fluctuations during cruising speeds (around the 1800-2000 rpm range as the LF of the Super 10 becoming more present).

AWE 0FG (w/ stock mid resonator)- moderate loudness at cold start, tone at idle and acceleration is balanced in depth regarding LF (louder than the Borla XS Pro but quieter than the Super 10). During heavy acceleration, it sings performance (throaty) and perceived loudness is louder than the Borla XS Pro and Super 10. This could be the notes produced but it is a very nice performance exhaust note. Cruising speeds are very comfortable. AWE lets you know that it is there (I mean, it is a performance exhaust) but not in the drone sense or annoying dB. It is not overly sensitive during minor acceleration fluctuations. Very controlled LF at cruising speeds.

Overall I'm impressed with the AWE. Fit and finish was spot on and the notes out of the AWE are clearly performance ones.

Last edited:

RamLink83

Reaction score
The AWE system is now on. It has more of an upper tone and not as deep as say a Super 10 (besides during acceleration). Laid back at idle but really opens up and sounds throaty on acceleration. The acceleration tone/sound is great and I can see why AWE gets kudos for it.

During cold start it is not as loud as the Super 10 but it is louder than the Borla XS Pro. During heavy acceleration the AWE is loud/throaty and I think this is where it really shines. It goes from not too loud to really opened up with a really good balanced tone. Idling and light acceleration is good but not a deep as I was expecting but it it is still plenty deep. That said, it is a lot more manageable in cruises and DD commutes so with that I'm good with that and the acceleration makes up for it by a landslide.

Some of my thoughts on a couple A/B's on this truck:

Borla XS Pro - 3 inch i/o (rear resonators removed but w/ stock mid resonator) - quieter at cold start, not overly deep, moderate aggressive acceleration but overall much quieter (across the board) than the Super 10 and AWE. Surprisingly refined and controlled sound for only a muffler swap. Perfect for someone wanting a slight performance sound bump over stock without breaking the bank and do not have to worry about drone or too loud. Someone who tips more towards deeper and louder maybe seeking something a little louder/more aggressive.

Flowmaster Super 10 - 3 inch i/o (rear resonators removed but w/ stock mid resonator) - louder/deeper at cold start, can be a little too deep in tone (drone prone), deep aggressive acceleration but more in the raw sense (classic and sounds like a Flowmaster). Rawer in tone vs the Borla XS Pro and AWE but that is not a bad thing as that would be subjective preference. Not as "singing" in tone during acceleration compared to the AWE but classic Flowmaster deeper truck sounds. Might be too loud for more conservative exhaust seekers but it is not overly annoying either. A little drone prone at certain cruising/DD times but it is very minor and most people who tips more towards deeper/louder probably would not have an issue (but ultra sensitive ears might). A little sensitive at acceleration fluctuations during cruising speeds (around the 1800-2000 rpm range as the LF of the Super 10 becoming more present).

AWE 0FG (w/ stock mid resonator)- moderate loudness at cold start, tone at idle and acceleration is balanced in depth regarding LF (louder than the Borla XS Pro but quieter than the Super 10). During heavy acceleration, it sings performance (throaty) and perceived loudness is louder than the Borla XS Pro and Super 10. This could be the notes produced but it is a very nice performance exhaust note. Cruising speeds are very comfortable. AWE lets you know that it is there (I mean, it is a performance exhaust) but not in the drone sense or annoying dB. It is not overly sensitive during minor acceleration fluctuations. Very controlled LF at cruising speeds.

Overall I'm impressed with the AWE. Fit and finish was spot on and the notes out of the AWE are clearly a performance ones.
I wish I could hear the AWE in person and compare it to the Borla Touring. I'm a bit concerned the AWE is going to be too loud for me, however, the touring is much louder than I thought, so maybe they are similar in terms of volume.

carbonfold

Reaction score
I wish I could hear the AWE in person and compare it to the Borla Touring. I'm a bit concerned the AWE is going to be too loud for me, however, the touring is much louder than I thought, so maybe they are similar in terms of volume.

I haven't listened to any clips of the Borla Touring but from the description and if you feel the Touring is too loud... I'm not sure AWE would be your huckleberry. I think the AWE is well controlled but it also is not quiet by all means.

RamLink83

Reaction score
I haven't listened to any clips of the Borla Touring but from the description and if you feel the Touring is too loud... I'm not sure AWE would be your huckleberry. I think the AWE is well controlled but it also is not quiet by all means.
Thanks. The Touring isn't really too loud, but it's about as loud as I would want it, which makes me question the AWE.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Thanks. The Touring isn't really too loud, but it's about as loud as I would want it, which makes me question the AWE.

The @HammerdownMotorSports guy on youtube mentioned it gets as loud as the Borla ATAK but not "crazy loud" all the time. If you think the Touring is as loud as you want to be, I would not suggest going with anything else.

JVS0302

Reaction score
Agree with the above replies. The AWE is definitely a performance exhaust and will be heard at all levels. It is crisp and throaty, not boomy or bassy, but if you want silent this is not the exhaust for you.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Agree with the above replies. The AWE is definitely a performance exhaust and will be heard at all levels. It is crisp and throaty, not boomy or bassy, but if you want silent this is not the exhaust for you.
One last question...How is it cycling through the gears at low speed through neighborhoods? My Borla ATAK was just so loud.

Sdc1213

Reaction score
One last question...How is it cycling through the gears at low speed through neighborhoods? My Borla ATAK was just so loud.
Cruising through the neighborhood you’ll have no issues whatsoever - It’s pretty tame. Cold starts at nighttime or early in the mornings are another story.

Klicht87

Reaction score
I appreciate all the info from everyone. I loved the sound of the Borla ATAK when you floor it but just a little too loud around the neighborhood. I definitely miss the growl after putting my stock exhaust back on. Still on the fence between the Corsa and the AWE. I'm just having a harder time dropping the additional cash on what the Corsa costs vs. AWE.

AlexMaxiMen

Reaction score
I appreciate all the info from everyone. I loved the sound of the Borla ATAK when you floor it but just a little too loud around the neighborhood. I definitely miss the growl after putting my stock exhaust back on. Still on the fence between the Corsa and the AWE. I'm just having a harder time dropping the additional cash on what the Corsa costs vs. AWE.

I have same problem. Corsa or AWE. I DONT KNOW

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Klicht87

Reaction score
Well, after weeks of countless hours watching every exhaust video on the internet, I finally bit the bullet and ordered the AWE 0FG for my 2021 Laramie. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to spend that much again on another exhaust and even considered the B2 Fab with resonator deletes, I just didn't want to risk spending half as much and being disappointed. Plus I didn't want to deal with drone. I'll will provide some detailed updates and reviews once I receive it and get it installed.

Although I have the white with the midnight package, I ordered chrome tips because I feel like the black just gets lost underneath and you can't really see the beauty of this system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread