5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AWE 0FG Catback Exhaust Suite for the 5th Gen RAM, available now.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Managed to make it two weeks into ownership before changing something on the vehicle.

AWE exhaust ordered mid last week, shipped half way around the world, and on the vehicle today. Will get more miles on it tomorrow, but first impressions from the trip home were very positive :)

View attachment 152071 View attachment 152072
Slacker, I had my Borla ATAK ordered before I even took delivery of my truck,and was installed the next day after I brought it home

Nova90

Reaction score
Managed to make it two weeks into ownership before changing something on the vehicle.

AWE exhaust ordered mid last week, shipped half way around the world, and on the vehicle today. Will get more miles on it tomorrow, but first impressions from the trip home were very positive :)

View attachment 152071 View attachment 152072
Congrats, I think you will like it!

skylineguv

Reaction score
Slacker, I had my Borla ATAK ordered before I even took delivery of my truck,and was installed the next day after I brought it home
In fairness, that's my usual SOP too...I normally have something waiting at home prior to delivery, and fitted very soon after.

However, the vehicle purchase wasn't exactly weeks in the planning stage (more like a couple of days), affording little time for parts research. Of course, living in one country, and working/commuting daily to another leaves less time in the evenings than would be ideal.

jdawgjm

Reaction score
I installed one on my Rebel about a month ago and must say, this exhaust system is awesome!! It seems like everyone compliments me on it.

Excellent fit and finish, and I mean excellent! The final adjustments were great for a perfectionist like me...you can really get it lined up perfectly. The appearance is awesome! The sound is exactly what I wanted in regard to volume and tone. The install was easy--minus getting the rubber hangers off the stock muffler lol. Buy the tool if you don't want to cuss once or twice!

The only downfall, and I knew something seemed wrong...the exhaust clamps called for 60 or 65ft-lbs if I recall. The 'ball joint' for the final tip alignment is not 65ft-lbs. Maybe I missed it in the instruction booklet, but one of my ball joint clamps snapped when trying to torque it. 'Funny' that I was telling my friend the whole time 'This bolt/clamp cannot be 65ft-lbs like the others.' Only to have him reply 'that's what it said' so I kept going, brought it up again, kept going, and snap went the bolt. BOOM tip hit the ground. I almost cried, stared at it for a bit, but luckily that black chrome finish is well adhered. I got some minor dings and scratches, and had to reuse the stock clamp on one side, but it worked out.
1676859628692.png
I mean it does say 60… with an arrow …..

Reaction score
For once the weather was actually dry in northwest Ohio for a full weekend and I was finally able to get my AWE 0FG exhaust with polished tips installed today. I got a gold deal on Black Friday directly from AWE, but I held off a few months installing it to prevent salt/brine exposure for a season and I didn’t want to freeze my butt off installing it since my truck stays outside year round. I’ve had a B2 Fabrication oval muffler with stock resonators and 5” polished tips for over a year and a half now. It was a decent setup for what it was, but I felt it was time to find a proper cat-back that gave me the Hemi roar I was looking for without sacrificing cruising comfort.

The installation of the AWE 0FG was a breeze once the old exhaust was removed. I was able to get the stock piping out without a lift, but having the stock muffler already cut out made it much easier. I used a floor jack under the hitch to lift the back end up slightly and removed some of the spare tire heat shield to pull the Y-pipe assembly out the rear. The level of adjustment was one of the biggest reasons why I went with AWE, it was pretty straightforward getting the exhaust tips placed exactly where I wanted them within the cutouts of the rear bumper.

With everything installed, all I have to say is wow! I’ve only driven my truck roughly 10 miles since install so far, but I’m really impressed with what AWE has to offer. I absolutely love the sound, the tone is aggressive and throaty without being super loud and obnoxious. The first cold start had me giggling like a schoolgirl it sounded so good! Inside the cab it sounds refined and quiet at cruising speed, it’s not silent like stock but I wasn’t expecting it to be. The only time it’s loud is when stomping on the pedal. It’s also much quieter in the cab at cruising speed than the B2 Fab oval muffler, especially between 1500-1750 rpm, which was what I was hoping for. I’m curious what this’ll be like while towing my 7’x14’ enclosed cargo trailer, I’ll post an update once I’ve put some miles on this exhaust with and without it.

So far I’ve only had a couple issues. Like a couple other guys here, I too snapped a bolt on one of the ball flange clamps. I set my torque wrench to 35 lb-ft to start with after reading what others have experienced, but I didn’t even make it to that on the first clamp before it snapped. I got extremely lucky though and the exhaust tip fell into my lap since I was sitting directly underneath it. Luckily the stock ball flange bolts are the exact same size as the ones from AWE, so I reused them on both ball flange clamps. The other issue is when in ECO/MDS mode there is a slight amount of drone in the cab under certain conditions. The B2 Fab muffler also had some drone when in ECO/MDS mode, but the drone I’ve noticed with the AWE setup is quieter overall but there’s a more pronounced bass level. Hopefully the drone mellows out over time once I get a few hundred miles on it.

Last edited:

rogerthat

Reaction score
Love my AWE.

Attachments

• 9C992F36-6A5B-4BB8-9965-138A13E6845F.jpeg
    9C992F36-6A5B-4BB8-9965-138A13E6845F.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/