5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the 2019 Ram production doom and gloom articles accurate?

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome news that an eTorque has been built!

Another thought - we all want our trucks ASAP but we want build quality too. Someone can correct me but the variation in building an eTorque Hemi vs. a regular Hemi is very minor. Based on the videos we saw, the motor/generator will presumably come in with the engine assembly and get bolted to the frame. That should only leave a different wiring harness (only a few ways to screw that up) and bolting in the battery pack. All in all, I don't see a lot of room for error in the assembly process.
I'm not saying anything *No Jinx*

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yea I cant believe someone hasn't spied the holding lot an taken us some pictures yet.. Its not that hard,if I lived closer I would do it...
Does anyone know of the address of the holding lot where the trucks are kept waiting on the shipper?

We have tons of photos from the holding lots on here.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Based on another thread...eTorque's are rolling off the line as of yesterday.

Looks like all the "doom and gloom" articles from last week weren't accurate. ;)

This is awesome good news for everyone that ordered the eTorque, I can't wait to experience one myself.

1Raider

Reaction score
That was back when the snow was on the ground.. Can you see if we can get some updated pictures to help tide us over some?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That was back when the snow was on the ground.. Can you see if we can get some updated pictures to help tide us over some?

There are photos from last month on there. But yes I will have some more photos after the 27th. (y)

BZ23

Reaction score
Whats "@BZ23" special case?
My uncle works at sterling heights and somehow got my order expedited. ordered May 1st and built two and a half weeks later. Had possession within a month. Would have had it immediately but for the delay in getting my rims and tires.

1Raider

Reaction score
Would you go by an take a few more pictures for us that's waiting? Makes the time go by a bit faster! Lol
See if you can get a shot of a Rugged Brown/Dark Walnut with a Rambox an Off Road group for me..

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just an update, I emailed the person I talk to in the compliance division and while he is on vacation right now he said that yes the articles are "grossly overstated." He has forwarded my email to one of his colleagues and I will hopefully hear back soon and can update this for you guys.

@Jared B Any luck getting some inside info?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing yet, I'm going to reach out again to another contact and see what I can find out. All we know for sure is eTorque trucks have been produced now.

CaliTex

Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt: when I called Customer service yesterday to inquire about my 2019 Limited 4x4, which will have been in D for 30 days tomorrow, the rep told me his supervisors had told him the ‘slow down had ended’. I asked him what that meant, and he said they had been intentionally running at 60 percent on startup of the new line to make sure they had things right, and they were now confident enough to increase capacity.

I realize that sounds like a load of something that rhymes with shmorse shmit, but then again most of the explanations and rumors we hear sound like that too!

Meanwhile, I’m still not in D1. :)

sgk

Reaction score
I realize that sounds like a load of something that rhymes with shmorse shmit, but then again most of the explanations and rumors we hear sound like that too!

Meanwhile, I’m still not in D1. :)

It sure sounds like that, but honestly, did it make you feel better when he said it, It makes me feel better reading it. Gives that glimpse of hope there not bs'ing

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When we start building a locomotive or passenger car...we go slow and train every aspect...so in other threads where people were saying they dropped the ball...the 60 percent ramp up sounds like it makes perfect sense and I can see the production starting to hit capacity and I can already see the smiles coming...

Wish I could post up the graph showing our latest project line...would make this alot easier to explain.

Most of our last projects infancy issues was suppliers meeting our needs, and we actually got some work given to us cause the suppliers couldn't keep up for two places. (And FCA just had a conference with new suppliers to get some new blood)

So...that said...Ram said about late availability and alot of people figured early on that August would have been when production would start...suppliers had to get their production going also...and here we are mid June.

This "excuse" sounds legit to me...but I don't know much about building Ram Trucks.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Nothing yet, I'm going to reach out again to another contact and see what I can find out. All we know for sure is eTorque trucks have been produced now.
Jared what's the latest news on the eTorque? Has it been approved etc.?

jackson

Reaction score
My 19 Laramie Longhorn shows d1 status. I ordered with Rambox, air suspension, AND etorque. THe FCA customer service people said it was produced on the 15th with a ship date of the 29th. The dealer says thats a load of malarky. Any suggestions on how I can find out an accurate build date ? Anyone got a good suggestion of who to call? a good telephone number???

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 19 Laramie Longhorn shows d1 status. I ordered with Rambox, air suspension, AND etorque. THe FCA customer service people said it was produced on the 15th with a ship date of the 29th. The dealer says thats a load of malarky. Any suggestions on how I can find out an accurate build date ? Anyone got a good suggestion of who to call? a good telephone number???
Go with the dealer or join JeepGarage.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MOTA-Jeepgarage. SCREW! Ram and their phone calls and their online chat its complete BS

Users who are viewing this thread