5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the 2019 Ram production doom and gloom articles accurate?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you could that would be great. I work nights and just got home from work but if I haven't received an email by the time I wake up I'll probably give them a call if it's not past office hours.

If you want I can PM you this FCA employee's work desk number but you can't tell him where you got the number from because it will shoot me in the foot with my stuff I got going on. Maybe you describing yourself and forum can get farther then I can

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want I can PM you this FCA employee's work desk number but you can't tell him where you got the number from because it will shoot me in the foot with my stuff I got going on. Maybe you describing yourself and forum can get farther then I can

If you don't mind, maybe I can just use it as a last resort. I have a press pass with FCA and have a whole ton of contacts there are just some I prefer to talk to. (y)

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you don't mind, maybe I can just use it as a last resort. I have a press pass with FCA and have a whole ton of contacts there are just some I prefer to talk to. (y)

I will send you a private message in a sec.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Believe what you want to believe. eTorque ordering has been open for what a month now? And who's truck has moved beyond D or D1 in less than 30 days of ordering other than @BZ23 truck which was a special case.

I responded to articles written based on speculation with an article based on facts with links to back them up, if you want to get your back up about it that's up to you but I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

Does it suck that they aren't on lots or in customer hands yet? Yes, is the sky falling, no.

Whats "@BZ23" special case?

ryelinek

Reaction score
If you could that would be great. I work nights and just got home from work but if I haven't received an email by the time I wake up I'll probably give them a call if it's not past office hours.

I’m also curious to what some members have been saying about the normal 5.7. That they have been unable to order it recently with a dealer if we can try to find out the details behind that.

1Raider

Reaction score
I'm surprised someone that lives close to the plant doesn't go out and take some pictures of the holding lot for us..

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Slim...I need you to sneak in the factory and confirm.....(and check for Ramboxes lol)
I wish I was closer!

I also wish we had an "insider" at the plant moving all of the forums members trucks to the front of the line :)

1Raider

Reaction score
Yea I cant believe someone hasn't spied the holding lot an taken us some pictures yet.. Its not that hard,if I lived closer I would do it...
Does anyone know of the address of the holding lot where the trucks are kept waiting on the shipper?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome news that an eTorque has been built!

Another thought - we all want our trucks ASAP but we want build quality too. Someone can correct me but the variation in building an eTorque Hemi vs. a regular Hemi is very minor. Based on the videos we saw, the motor/generator will presumably come in with the engine assembly and get bolted to the frame. That should only leave a different wiring harness (only a few ways to screw that up) and bolting in the battery pack. All in all, I don't see a lot of room for error in the assembly process.

Users who are viewing this thread