5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple CarPlay will not work now

blownout1500

Reaction score
Hang in there. I know it's frustrating, but I bet they'll get it fixed. The reason I say that is because I bought a 2011 Durango Citadel new in 2011, and one of the exciting features at the time was bluetooth streaming (can't believe that was just 8 years ago!).

For the first month or so, I had problem after problem after problem with getting that to work. It was SOOOO frustrating, and I was so pissed off at Dodge for implementing a system that didn't work but didn't bother to tell me about that until after I bought the POS.

About a month later, I read somewhere that the problem occurred only when the iphone screen turned off, so I changed my iphone settings to not turn off when using my Pandora app. Then a couple of months later, UConnect released a fix for it that actually resolved the problem. I'm sure they have someone looking into the problem now, and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Would appreciate a statement from FCA acknowledging that they are aware of the issue and confirming that they are working on it. This would save people a lot of time bouncing around between dealerships.

eduardolalo11

Reaction score
Would appreciate a statement from FCA acknowledging that they are aware of the issue and confirming that they are working on it. This would save people a lot of time bouncing around between dealerships.
same issue here my apple carplay worked perfectly until it didn't now it does not detect any phone or usb thumb drive please @RamCares help us out or at least acknowledge the issue so we at least know that there is hope!

thank you in advance!

Brennos

Reaction score
I am also having this issue on my Ram 1500 with 12" screen. CarPlay did not work the first day I had it. Next day I got a message to unlock my phone to start CarPlay. Worked for a day and half and then stopped working. I tried everything on this forum (ex checked proper cord, turned off Bluetooth before plugging in and starting the car, reset iPhone, checked all settings on iPhone, and all combinations of things suggested in this forum. It did work for another half day. Not sure if I had done anything differently to get it to work that time. Anyways - it doesn't work again. I have had the vehicle for a week and it has worked for about 2 days out of 7. I think it is a software issue on either the iPhone or uConnect system. As with previous posts we would like a couple things: confirm that there is an issue, what the issue is and when/what is being done to resolve it. If anyone has other suggestions or fixes, I am more than happy to give them a shot. Currently it is very frustrating. Great vehicle besides the CarPlay issue. But it is a big selling feature with the screen and many customers will be unhappy after wanting a truck that touts its tech capabilities and must luxurious truck in its class. Hopefully it can be resolved soon.

eduardolalo11

Reaction score
I am also having this issue on my Ram 1500 with 12" screen. CarPlay did not work the first day I had it. Next day I got a message to unlock my phone to start CarPlay. Worked for a day and half and then stopped working. I tried everything on this forum (ex checked proper cord, turned off Bluetooth before plugging in and starting the car, reset iPhone, checked all settings on iPhone, and all combinations of things suggested in this forum. It did work for another half day. Not sure if I had done anything differently to get it to work that time. Anyways - it doesn't work again. I have had the vehicle for a week and it has worked for about 2 days out of 7. I think it is a software issue on either the iPhone or uConnect system. As with previous posts we would like a couple things: confirm that there is an issue, what the issue is and when/what is being done to resolve it. If anyone has other suggestions or fixes, I am more than happy to give them a shot. Currently it is very frustrating. Great vehicle besides the CarPlay issue. But it is a big selling feature with the screen and many customers will be unhappy after wanting a truck that touts its tech capabilities and must luxurious truck in its class. Hopefully it can be resolved soon.
I believe that it is a date issue from the device to the uconnect if you plug in a music usb thumb drive It wont work either :/

newram

Reaction score
Got my truck back after a week in the shop. They replaced the media hub and as of now Apple carplay works fine.

blownout1500

Reaction score
That's a USB port assembly the way I understand it. Just google it and you will see what it looks like.
Yeah I did that right after posting. $100 on eBay but I can’t seem to get that part number to come up on the mopar site.

blownout1500

Reaction score
  • Mopar
  • Part Number:68397098AC
  • Part: Plug-Media Hub
  • Replaces:68397098AA, 68397098AB
Thank you!

Weighing my potential time commitment trying to order/install myself or attempt to do this thru dealer.

Losing my truck to the dealer for a week would really suck. Been there done that (Toyota... never again).

Were multiple visits required or was this a one week, one-and-done situation?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

newram

Reaction score
Thank you!

Weighing my potential time commitment trying to order/install myself or attempt to do this thru dealer.

Losing my truck to the dealer for a week would really suck. Been there done that (Toyota... never again).

Were multiple visits required or was this a one week, one-and-done situation?

Thanks again!
It took multiple visits to figure out the problem, 5 to be exact. And once they figured it out, they kept my truck for a week to replace the media hub.

blownout1500

Reaction score
It took multiple visits to figure out the problem, 5 to be exact. And once they figured it out, they kept my truck for a week to replace the media hub.

Ok, thx. Gonna try DIY. Fingers crossed the whole dash doesn’t have to come apart lol

nebraskaram01

Reaction score
the 12.1.3 update includes CarPlay fixes with "certain automobiles" or something to that effect.

djwdjw

Reaction score
I am on 12.1.3 and, after working for 3 months, CarPlay will no longer work.

When I plug in, Uconnect immediately starts blasting the iPhone's stored music. It will not show the icon to launch CarPlay.

So I am following this thread to track the resolution.

Last edited:

Plat3au

Reaction score
Same here. Bought the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica in September. Apple CarPlay worked for the first few days and then stopped. Been to two different dealerships and called Uconnect support a dozen times. They all say it's a software issue and that an update is coming "very soon". After months of their BS, I went back to the dealership that sold us the car and told the sales manager they sold us a lemon. He said his hands were tied and gave us the number of Chrysler Customer Care. Called them this morning and they said (and I quote) "we are happy to reimburse you for the cost of the iPhone app since CarPlay isn't working." Dear god. You mean the free Uconnect app? Gee thanks. Chrysler's Uconnect software is made by a 3rd party that apparently has no idea what they are doing. My 2017 Chevy Bolt EV has CarPlay and it has NEVER had an issue. Works 100% of the time with every iPhone model and iOS that has connected. Needless to say, we will never purchase another FCA vehicle.

newram

Reaction score
Same here. Bought the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica in September. Apple CarPlay worked for the first few days and then stopped. Been to two different dealerships and called Uconnect support a dozen times. They all say it's a software issue and that an update is coming "very soon". After months of their BS, I went back to the dealership that sold us the car and told the sales manager they sold us a lemon. He said his hands were tied and gave us the number of Chrysler Customer Care. Called them this morning and they said (and I quote) "we are happy to reimburse you for the cost of the iPhone app since CarPlay isn't working." Dear god. You mean the free Uconnect app? Gee thanks. Chrysler's Uconnect software is made by a 3rd party that apparently has no idea what they are doing. My 2017 Chevy Bolt EV has CarPlay and it has NEVER had an issue. Works 100% of the time with every iPhone model and iOS that has connected. Needless to say, we will never purchase another FCA vehicle.
That's exactly the same BS my dealership gave me about an update coming soon. It's been 4 months and still no update. And the problem was a faulty USB media hub which they didn't even try to test. Their response was and I quote "we don't have any Iphones to diagnose and confirm that you have a problem". They must think that everyone is stupid. So I went to a different dealership and the problem has been fixed.

Plat3au

Reaction score
That's exactly the same BS my dealership gave me about an update coming soon. It's been 4 months and still no update. And the problem was a faulty USB media hub which they didn't even try to test. Their response was and I quote "we don't have any Iphones to diagnose and confirm that you have a problem". They must think that everyone is stupid. So I went to a different dealership and the problem has been fixed.

Sounds like I'm making another trip to the dealership this week. Hopefully the USB media hub fixes my issue. Thanks for your quick response!

blownout1500

Reaction score
I wonder if contacting automotive media would help light a fire(?).

Users who are viewing this thread