5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple CarPlay will not work now

ChiefAllDay

Reaction score
I don’t Have an option for ios14 upgrades yet.
Google iOS 14 beta. Sign up for it and install the profile. It will then allow you to move to iOS 14. They update multiple times per month and Apple is very receptive to feedback. My Ram is rocking out with Siri with no issues now. Definitely worth moving to public betas.

ChiefAllDay

Reaction score
Google iOS 14 beta. Sign up for it and install the profile. It will then allow you to move to iOS 14. They update multiple times per month and Apple is very receptive to feedback. My Ram is rocking out with Siri with no issues now. Definitely worth moving to public betas.

I absolutely agree, 100! I have been running iOS betas since the iOS 9 days, and will never go back to gen pop. Consistent upgrades, familiarization with the new OS prior to the new hardware release, and, to be honest, a damn smooth experience, will keep me using the iOS betas forevermore.
There are hiccups from time to time. In iOS14 beta 5, my siri would not take commands (call so and so, text so and so) through the phone, or through car play in the Ram. Beta 6 came out about 1.5 weeks later, and it was fixed. (always leave feedback so they can address it).

Good luck, and let us know if that helps!

jorgegeorgia#

Reaction score
something wrong with my carplay recently. I have connected my phone to my car with bluetooth. But it doesn't work well. It makes my Apple Music keep pausing. So my friend told me that it is possible to convert apple music to mp3 format and then save them on mp3 player. Using usb cable to play apple music in my car is not difficult. I tried it and downloaded one of the converters on google. TuneSolo helps me a lot. In the free-trial period of the converter, I converted my playlists from Apple Music.

Last edited:

dangerruss1

Reaction score
I get the message on the 12" screen.... unsupported device... Siri Works... CarPlay DOA. CarPlay used to work just fine.

dangerruss1

Reaction score
I get the message on the 12" screen.... unsupported device... Siri Works... CarPlay DOA. CarPlay used to work just fine.
I followed the your directions to the letter I got from an Apple person to restart my phone a specific way and that did not work. I tried several things I have seen on RAM forums. Use an Apple lightning cable. Plug the cable in before you start the vehicle. Plug in the cable after the car has started. Turned on mirror projection of the phone in the settings on the truck. Siri works.. CarPlay does not. It used to work but not sure after what iOS update it stopped working...

I ordered a USB-C to lightning cable and should be here Tuesday

dangerruss1

Reaction score
I followed the your directions to the letter I got from an Apple person to restart my phone a specific way and that did not work. I tried several things I have seen on RAM forums. Use an Apple lightning cable. Plug the cable in before you start the vehicle. Plug in the cable after the car has started. Turned on mirror projection of the phone in the settings on the truck. Siri works.. CarPlay does not. It used to work but not sure after what iOS update it stopped working...

I ordered a USB-C to lightning cable and should be here Tuesday
Did not realize I already had an Apple USB-C to Lightning cord. Gave it a try... Unsupported Device. Chatted with Ram Cares and they said take it to the dealer to get checked out. Can go to the dealer until late next week....

dangerruss1

Reaction score
Did not realize I already had an Apple USB-C to Lightning cord. Gave it a try... Unsupported Device. Chatted with Ram Cares and they said take it to the dealer to get checked out. Can go to the dealer until late next week....
Running iOS 14.2

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Running iOS 14.2
It's not your phone. I've been running iOS 14 since the summer, and CarPlay has worked in every beta iteration. And now on iPhone 12 Pro Max, same, not issues whatsoever.
Your issues is more than likely the media hub. I had issues like this for almost a year but since it was intermittent, they really couldn't troubleshoot.

Eventually it stopped working long enough where they took out the console and found a bent cable.
This was almost a year ago, and I've had zero issues since.

Cheers,

1606232897588.png

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Shut my engine today and went into a friends house. When I got back in my car and started it car play was gone. Even used another cable, nothing!!! Annoying!
As I drove back home I ran through some ideas. I remembered that I installed a battery kill switch. I'd rather call it a battery reset switch.
I got home, opened the hood and reset my battery for 60 seconds and turned it back on. About two hours later I went back out and started my phone and plugged my iPhome 12 Max Pro in and every thing was back working fine.
What I have found in the last year with my Ram is that from time to time I loose my camera(s) on the review side mirrors. Usually after shutting the engine and opening the car door, the problem resolves itself. However at other (just a few) times my entire in the last 18 months owning my Ram, I've lost my 12" screen to totally black. To resolve this I installed the battery kill switch. It is a real score! When this garbage pops up like, a black screen, no cameras, and now no Car-Play all I have to go is reset my battery. This allows the software running all of these options to reboot and refresh itself. This has resolved my issues time and time again. This definitely and it may work for you. Its a real pain with pliers to disconnect your lead. Especially if you are not in your driveway. Keep in mind you need about 1.5 hours to get a full reboot. Installing the cut off switch only takes a few minutes and you will never get dirty again. I cannot drive my truck with out my cameras. I have depended on them 100% since i bought my truck without them I'd damage a wheel or something worse. I'm betting this is the solution for so many guys on these 9 pages of postings.

Last edited:

jamiegood

Reaction score
something wrong with my carplay recently. I have connected my phone to my car with bluetooth. But it doesn't work well. It makes my Apple Music keep pausing. So my friend told me that it is possible to convert apple music to mp3 format and then save them on mp3 player. Using usb cable to play apple music in my car is not difficult. I tried it and downloaded one of the converters on google. TuneSolo helps me a lot. In the free-trial period of the converter, I converted my playlists from Apple Music.
Thank you. This is a good method. Converting apple music songs to mp3 format allows me to keep the songs on many devices.

bzh44

Reaction score
Mine goes from working intermittantly (Iphone vibrates, intermittent charging) to quit working.
I tried several iphones and different cables. (USB/USBc/Original Apple/3rd party)
Different phones settings. + updates + reset. nothing worked.

After taking about 10+ different cables and trying plugg/unplugging 100+times them in ALL 8 ports it finnally worked :

I need to have one empty USBc original apple cable plugged at the back (Number 3)
And with a third party USB in number 1 it worked immediatelly.

Pretty confused but i believe USB media in the car is at fault.

Users who are viewing this thread