5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone seen a 19' with the Rambox yet?

mikeofokc

Reaction score
I ordered a 2019 Black Limited on 5-12-18. eTorque, Rambox, 22" wheels, Sunroof, 19 spk audio, Level 1 Equip Group, 33 gal tank, Indego/Frost, Cust Perferred Package 27m, 4x4 5'7" bed, anti-spin, air suspension, retractable side rails.

5-24 order status D. Asked dealer if I could make a change, but they said the order was accepted. (I was thinking of changing the color to silver since people were telling me how hard it is to keep a black truck clean) VIN is 1C6SRFH72KN603741

6-1 order status D1 ship date 6/13. Wow, I'm thinking I may have this black truck by end of June. Other forum members snicker...

6-7, 6-11, 6-15, 6-23, 6-25 order status remains at D1 with 6/13 ship date (as seen by dealer order status). I'm not sure what to think at this time.

7-02 I'm doubting the order systems functionality. Status is still D1 and was to ship two weeks earlier. No window sticker can be found or build sheet. Does not appear this truck exists yet. I ask my dealer if I can place another order, this one for silver. Same eTorque, rambox, air suspension, sunroof and other stuff as before. Dealer is OK with having my name on more than 1 order and assures me I can take either. So far, have paid nothing down and not signed anything to force me to buy either. I have bought many cars from this dealer, so they know me. I order the limited in silver.

7-6 Order status of Black truck is D1 shipping 6/13 with no window sticker yet or build sheet. Order status of Silver truck is D, VIN is 1C6SRFHT7KN633740.

7-18 Order status for Black truck has not changed. Order status for Silver truck has not changed. I keep thinking each day which color I would rather have. Black looks very sharp and shows great detail. Silver looks neat also. I'm sure the Black truck will come in first and I will need to decide. Any feedback from others who have had these colors? I have had several black and silver cars, but never an expensive truck like this will be. The silver truck may end up costing me an extra $500 with the lowering of the rebates based on my order date.

I'll keep the group posted on these if the status changes.

I have had a Black Avalanche for 12 years and every color truck imaginable before that. Black looks the best of any color when right off the showroom floor but will show every dust particle, paint chip, micro scratches from washing, water spot and of course the dive bombing poop vandals. My son does professional auto detailing and knows all the tricks for shine and sparkle and I have heard every sermon and words of advice there is. His shiny silver GMC that looks brand new and like any picky pro in the auto field he hardly every works on his truck while I need to wash or dust mine every few hours to compete. Silver looks the best after weeks in the elements with white being the next runner up. Save yourself the frustration of daily hand washing or god forbid a commercial car wash and get the silver. I ordered Billet Silver and all the coin I will save from future washing will be spent on drinking cold beer while admiring my new Ram.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So kinda off topic but I had to share. I'm a volunteer firefighter and I came across this happen right in front of me this past weekend. I was talking to the driver and he told me is a 2018 that he just got 1 month ago....i'll be honest, I was admiring the Ramboxes and wondering if I could somehow salvage them and sent them to Ram with a big freaking note saying "Here!...no more excuses!!!" (Yes I know they dont fit lol) :p

20180721_183850.jpg

20180721_173946.jpg

Phiefer

Reaction score
You should just be able to edit it, it is a shared file

If you are not comfortable with that, post your information and someone will add it for you
I'll try making the addition later today. Thanks, was not sure if you wanted others to make changes.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So kinda off topic but I had to share. I'm a volunteer firefighter and I came across this happen right in front of me this past weekend. I was talking to the driver and he told me is a 2018 that he just got 1 month ago....i'll be honest, I was admiring the Ramboxes and wondering if I could somehow salvage them and sent them to Ram with a big freaking note saying "Here!...no more excuses!!!" (Yes I know they dont fit lol) :p

View attachment 1736

View attachment 1737
Thank goodness his Ramboxes are ok.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 1736

View attachment 1737

Man I wish he had a dash cam! That would be a heck of a site seeing that boat "Free Willy" his truck.

fish mojo

Reaction score
Man I wish he had a dash cam! That would be a heck of a site seeing that boat "Free Willy" his truck.
It appears that the boat was not tied down on the Ram pulling the boat and trailer. Ram hits the brakes hard and the boat comes right over the top of the Ram. Seen pics of similar incidents, but never with a boat that size. I used to be lazy and drive around without my boat strapped down to the trailer, but not any more.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It appears that the boat was not tied down on the Ram pulling the boat and trailer. Ram hits the brakes hard and the boat comes right over the top of the Ram. Seen pics of similar incidents, but never with a boat that size. I used to be lazy and drive around without my boat strapped down to the trailer, but not any more.

So it actually broke the hooks right off the straps in the back on the board..it was tied town but i'm guessing not the robust straps. I saw the hooks on the ground. Also no safety chain on the bow.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

View attachment 1736

View attachment 1737

Man how fast do you have to be going and hit the brake for that to happen.:eek:

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram Chat told me today on my weekly check in that the "size" of the Rambox is determining on which ones get built first. Another new one!

DXXXXX: and depends on the size as well
chatEndUserMessage.png
James CXXXXXX: yes I know
chatEndUserMessage.png
James CXXXXX: size of what?
chatAgent.png
DXXXX: of the ram box
chatAgent.png
DXXXX: Is there anything else that I can look into for you today?
chatEndUserMessage.png
James XXXX: the ram boxes are all the same size on a 5'7" bed
chatAgent.png
DXXXX: it will take time James

I got my laugh in for the day LOL

Kramersp

Reaction score
Wow. More top notch FCA service. I was told today to call back Thursday if my truck hasn't moved from JB. They said they "escalate" it if it's been 14 days or more. I've been told that by 3 different people at Ram so at least there is continuity.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been "escalated" twice already, but then after a few days they decide to de-escalate with no explanation

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. More top notch FCA service. I was told today to call back Thursday if my truck hasn't moved from JB. They said they "escalate" it if it's been 14 days or more. I've been told that by 3 different people at Ram so at least there is continuity.

Ya, i'm waiting on my escalation from last Monday - 3 ti 5 business day I'll get a response I was told.........crickets. Also was told by Ramchat yesterday I'd get a supervisor to call me within 24 hours......crickets......

Users who are viewing this thread