5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone seen a 19' with the Rambox yet?

Kramersp

Reaction score
Jared has reported Ram monitors this site. Hello, RAM!! Your most loyal customers are losing confidence and faith in the brand and you are all but transparent. Issues and poor delivery.
I’m going to start looking at GM and Ford.
I just drove a 2018 Platinum F150 with the 3.5L EB and 10speed auto. Awesome truck. REALLY fast and a torque monster. Interior was nice but not as nice as the Ram. Ride was good but not air suspension good. At least the truck exists! If my truck isnt shipped by the first week of August, I'm going with another brand.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Brass tax here. How many of these 2019 Rams have garbage AC?
And that type of question @Kramersp is exactly why I posted the new owner's poll! Link below. Many were talking about the poor AC, but some were perhaps complaining only from a test drive. Of our current owners so far only 3 of 23 have ID'd the Climate Control/AC as requiring repair. Doesn't mean it isn't a problem, but perhaps smaller than it might seem. I'm still testing mine when it shows up though...

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how’s-your-2019-ram-running-take-our-poll.1017/

Kramersp

Reaction score
And that type of question @Kramersp is exactly why I posted the new owner's poll! Link below. Many were talking about the poor AC, but some were perhaps complaining only from a test drive. Of our current owners so far only 3 of 23 have ID'd the Climate Control/AC as requiring repair. Doesn't mean it isn't a problem, but perhaps smaller than it might seem. I'm still testing mine when it shows up though...

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how’s-your-2019-ram-running-take-our-poll.1017/
19 owners with issues. 14 happy campers. Not a very good ratio.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
19 owners with issues. 14 happy campers. Not a very good ratio.

Not exactly, since the 23 responding owners can report more than one issue.
11 owners w issues vs 14 happy campers (meaning zero repair-worthy problems, perfect truck).

Still not great, but if some of these are easily fixed (like service properly torquing a suspension bolt, or a software update for UConnect) then I think they shouldn't be worried about too much. It's the recurring/common/denied problems (AC?) that I am most worried about. Still early though, we'll see how this plays out.

Phiefer

Reaction score
If I don't have my 2019 Limited eTorque with rambox by Sept I plan to check over Ford & Gm again. When i ordered the truck in May, nothing could match the features and I was ok with spending top dollar for ram. If this turns out to be a 'me too' vehicle, I better get a better price.

Either way, I need a 4 wheel drive something come November.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
I just drove a 2018 Platinum F150 with the 3.5L EB and 10speed auto. Awesome truck. REALLY fast and a torque monster. Interior was nice but not as nice as the Ram. Ride was good but not air suspension good. At least the truck exists! If my truck isnt shipped by the first week of August, I'm going with another brand.

looking at what you ordered - specifically the RAMBOX . if you have never had that option, you won't know what your missing. if you have had it before - i bet you wait. - im on your side.:cool:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And Ford will throw $10K or more at you, no questions asked, on the right truck. Likewise for GMC.

I've been patient with my order thus far, as I've opted for a loaded truck and want it to be right. But some (any) communication would be appreciated, and the mounting number of teething issues are a bit concerning.

Phiefer

Reaction score
I've been loyal to Mopar since the 80's, left them for Ford during the bad economy of 2008. Hoping to come back once again. Like everyone says, we expect FCA to level with us on the issues. I would most likely wait until Jan 2019 if I knew the would give me a quality truck. My concern is that they may have built my truck and have it pulled apart fixing lots of stuff and when the truck arrives it will looked hacked. Hoping that is not the case.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to put my flame suit on because I already know where this might go.

Keep in mind this forum is a very small sample size, that said, it seems like a large percentage of people have had issues. Not to downplay issues people are having but most seem to be minor such as UConnect issues that can be fixed with a software update etc. That said if I was having those kind of issues it would sour me as well so I know where people with those problems are coming from.

The one to me that seems to be widespread is the AC issue, what we don't know is if there has been a fix applied at the production level (some people have driven trucks and said the AC was ice cold) or if it is an ongoing undiagnosed at FCAs level issue or not. I think what would be a good idea would be for people with AC issues to post their build dates in @YoAdrian thread here: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how’s-your-2019-ram-running-take-our-poll.1017/ so we can see if its isolated to a certain build timeframe.

As far as other brands I watched the F150 forum daily when the 2015s launched as I was very interested in that truck and considering one, I remember tons of threads about issues at the beginning which Ford seems to have worked out. Thats not to say they still don't have their own set of issues from time to time (just last week a friend posted on Facebook that out of nowhere his 2018 F150 was revving and bouncing off the rev limiter anytime it was turned on.) A quick look at the F150 forum for 2015+ trucks shows on the first page a 5.0 that seized while idling and ecoboost timing chain noises.

Over at GM-trucks theres an almost 800 page thread on 2014+ Silverado/Sierras vibrating at highway speeds without a known fix, frame rusting, ac condenser issues etc.

While some people are frustrated waiting for their trucks it might be taking a bit because FCA might be finding these issues now that trucks are in customer hands and applying fixes to these issues during the build process (I'd rather have a bit of an extra wait and know its done right.)

Am I impressed with this launch so far? Not really at this point and I wish the communication was better for you guys so there was at least an idea of whats going on.

What I'm saying is that all brands have their own set of issues, launch pains with a new vehicle. At the end of the day buy the vehicle you like the best and go from there.

Phiefer

Reaction score
If FCA would admit some of these issues and tell us their goal is to fix these things now, before I get the truck, they would be a quality concerned hero in my eyes and deserve my patience. I want to give FCA the benefit of doubt, but silence is not acceptable because it implies nothing is unusual.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If FCA would admit some of these issues and tell us their goal is to fix these things now, before I get the truck, they would be a quality concerned hero in my eyes and deserve my patience. I want to give FCA the benefit of doubt, but silence is not acceptable because it implies nothing is unusual.

I couldn't agree more, that would buy them a lot of goodwill/good publicity.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
An off-road patriot blue limited with ramboxes? That’s my trophy truck! Nice find. I grew up in Chelsea, would have been glad to pick it up lol

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't understand all this hate. If you don't want to buy the RAM don't, buy the Ford!

I had a 2014 F150 that needed a turbo replaced, a 2016 F150 with inoperative door latches that Ford couldn't resolve after 5 service visits, culminating in all the latches replaced - and I still really enjoyed that truck (door latches only an issue between 20-30 degrees and it was hit/miss).

RAM said it would be a late availability option for the eTorque and Ramboxes. I'm still in shock it's July and they are building them. I almost changed my build to include Ramboxes but decided against it (I'd never had them before and really don't know what I'm missing...and I didn't want to add a few months delay to my build). Therefore, Ram is ahead of schedule!

A/C issues - could it be better - sure. But I wonder how many of those complaining of A/C issues have had a pickup with a panoramic roof before the Ram? I have - with an all black interior. Without tint on the roof it gets HOT in there. It'll take a while to cool down. There is no doubt in my mind that some trucks have A/C issues...but with anything on a forum, once you hear it reported you look harder at your truck. I've determined there is no A/C issue with mine. Would I like it a bit colder - sure. My wife's 2016 Fusion is an icebox. It's also colder than my 2016 F150 was.

I haven't taken the issue poll yet because I'm torn. My passenger front door latch is binding/loud operation. It stopped working or changed since day one so I haven't taken it in yet. I'm not a huge fan of dealer service as half the time they screw something else up or scratch your truck in the repair process.

After putting almost 100k miles on a '14 and '16 F150 in under 4 years, test driving plenty of new Fords, '18 Rams and '19 Rams, you would do yourself a disservice to buy anything but the new Ram. Let them build what you ordered or find it on a lot. I haven't regretted my purchase one bit.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand all this hate. If you don't want to buy the RAM don't, buy the Ford!

I had a 2014 F150 that needed a turbo replaced, a 2016 F150 with inoperative door latches that Ford couldn't resolve after 5 service visits, culminating in all the latches replaced - and I still really enjoyed that truck (door latches only an issue between 20-30 degrees and it was hit/miss).

RAM said it would be a late availability option for the eTorque and Ramboxes. I'm still in shock it's July and they are building them. I almost changed my build to include Ramboxes but decided against it (I'd never had them before and really don't know what I'm missing...and I didn't want to add a few months delay to my build). Therefore, Ram is ahead of schedule!

A/C issues - could it be better - sure. But I wonder how many of those complaining of A/C issues have had a pickup with a panoramic roof before the Ram? I have - with an all black interior. Without tint on the roof it gets HOT in there. It'll take a while to cool down. There is no doubt in my mind that some trucks have A/C issues...but with anything on a forum, once you hear it reported you look harder at your truck. I've determined there is no A/C issue with mine. Would I like it a bit colder - sure. My wife's 2016 Fusion is an icebox. It's also colder than my 2016 F150 was.

I haven't taken the issue poll yet because I'm torn. My passenger front door latch is binding/loud operation. It stopped working or changed since day one so I haven't taken it in yet. I'm not a huge fan of dealer service as half the time they screw something else up or scratch your truck in the repair process.

After putting almost 100k miles on a '14 and '16 F150 in under 4 years, test driving plenty of new Fords, '18 Rams and '19 Rams, you would do yourself a disservice to buy anything but the new Ram. Let them build what you ordered or find it on a lot. I haven't regretted my purchase one bit.

I know that means a lot coming from you as I remember you were on the fence whether to jump to a Ram or purchase another F150. I agree with your sentiments exactly and am glad you're happy with your new Ram.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know that means a lot coming from you as I remember you were on the fence whether to jump to a Ram or purchase another F150. I agree with your sentiments exactly and am glad you're happy with your new Ram.

I was. Especially when Ford gave me a $3,000 private cash offer right before I ordered my Ram.

Kramersp

Reaction score

You know where the hate comes from? Customer service. And if the rambox was going to be even later availability, dont make it available for ordering until you are ready to produce a product. I understand new product rollouts. I get it. Also, seems like there are some same ol gremlins that havent been addressed like the air suspension issues. Honestly, I would be a lot happier if there was better communication. Not saying the plant guys need to talk to ME, but a PR representative providing updates would work. Real updates not canned B/S. As for looking at competitors, the only real one un my book is F-150. And there will be issues here and there when you pump out almost a million trucks in a year. I love that Ram. And I am still here waiting for it. But it isnt unreasonable to order a truck with options available to order that the time (early May) and expect delivery by 12 weeks! Especially since the dealers tell you 6-8 weeks. August 8th will be 12 weeks for me. And from what I've read, it would have to ship this week to even be close to that date for delivery. So I wait with no answers like everyone else. FCA wont even say what is holding something up and that is wrong in my opinion. And yes, I ordered my current F150 and it was delivered in 7 weeks to specification. No B/S. No hold ups. What I ordered was what they were manufacturing. If they were not ready for Rambox, e torque, ect, then they shouldnt have made them available to order until they were ready. It seems this whole rushed rollout was simply to try and take the #2 sales position from Chevy. Pushing a number.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very true. My sales guy warned me not to order as he was shocked they opened up ordering quick. Communication on this rollout has sucked and I agree, they are trying to beat Chevy. I had doubts it the rollout would be smooth. After all they transitioned a sedan plant to producing full size trucks.

It's very hard to compete with Ford. My ordered 2016 arrived in 6 weeks and was flawless aside from the door latches which consistently got the "could not duplicate."

Kramersp

Reaction score
So far Ram production looks like amateur work compared to Ford and GM. They should've ramped up MY18 truck production a few months early from all plants to increase inventory and then shifted at least 2 plants to MY19 production hoping that the increased inventory could hold them over until the MY19 trucks came online. I hope the new FCA CEO brings some sense to this poop show. It's this bad and it's not like anything with this truck is revolutionary. All the new tech has been available for a long time, most within FCA's other brands with the exception of a bigger infotainment screen and e-torque. They're not really doing a full "clean slate".

Users who are viewing this thread