5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone seen a 19' with the Rambox yet?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far Ram production looks like amateur work compared to Ford and GM. They should've ramped up MY18 truck production a few months early from all plants to increase inventory and then shifted at least 2 plants to MY19 production hoping that the increased inventory could hold them over until the MY19 trucks came online. I hope the new FCA CEO brings some sense to this poop show. It's this bad and it's not like anything with this truck is revolutionary. All the new tech has been available for a long time, most within FCA's other brands with the exception of a bigger infotainment screen and e-torque. They're not really doing a full "clean slate".

Someone else pointed that out. FCA has many of these features in other brands, just the first time in a truck.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New Frame, sheet metal, longer cab, use of aluminum, sound cancellation and active frame dampeners, bigger brakes, and more. I'd say there is very little in common with the '18 except the non-etorque Hemi.

There is one plant producing all '19's. It's the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP). They are newly retooled for trucks since they made passenger cars before. The plant has been going through a startup phase and that won't be complete until all options have been run. They are close. I knew this when I ordered and expect delays on a new model year. My Jeep was also a new model year. I've had no issues with assembly or quality. It's still 100% functional after 5 years.

jackson

Reaction score
Does anyone know what they do at the " Mopar custom Shop"? That is my 2019's status . I was just told by the customer service folks that the RAMBOX I ordered was the hold up, but they did not sound certain of their comments. I think they are staffing the customer service department with kids jsut out of school . If the truck is at the Mopar custom shop, and if that is where they put in RAMBOX then I would think I am closer to getting it that not. It has been three months so far.

1Raider

Reaction score
Maybe FCA is aware of the A/C issue an want those of us with Rambox's to have cold AC. Lol just a thought...

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You know where the hate comes from? Customer service. And if the rambox was going to be even later availability, dont make it available for ordering until you are ready to produce a product. I understand new product rollouts. I get it. Also, seems like there are some same ol gremlins that havent been addressed like the air suspension issues. Honestly, I would be a lot happier if there was better communication. Not saying the plant guys need to talk to ME, but a PR representative providing updates would work. Real updates not canned B/S. As for looking at competitors, the only real one un my book is F-150. And there will be issues here and there when you pump out almost a million trucks in a year. I love that Ram. And I am still here waiting for it. But it isnt unreasonable to order a truck with options available to order that the time (early May) and expect delivery by 12 weeks! Especially since the dealers tell you 6-8 weeks. August 8th will be 12 weeks for me. And from what I've read, it would have to ship this week to even be close to that date for delivery. So I wait with no answers like everyone else. FCA wont even say what is holding something up and that is wrong in my opinion. And yes, I ordered my current F150 and it was delivered in 7 weeks to specification. No B/S. No hold ups. What I ordered was what they were manufacturing. If they were not ready for Rambox, e torque, ect, then they shouldnt have made them available to order until they were ready. It seems this whole rushed rollout was simply to try and take the #2 sales position from Chevy. Pushing a number.

Yes Customer Service has totally sucked! No other way to sugar coat it. They will tell you anything to get you off the phone or chat. These problems could be solved so easily with them telling us the truth. Why is that so hard? Today is Week #11 (Day 77 today) Still in D status for me but I have been told many other things from Ram during this time frame including build and shipping dates. NOT ONE has turned out to be true at any time. I love the truck and the Rambox is the feature I want the most. I have no intention of getting a Ford or Chevy or GMC. I love my 2015 Limited and would have traded it in for the 2018 but I knew Ram was coming out with the new version so I waited. I didn't order at the beginning because they said the RamBox was late availability. I waited until Ram told me THEY were ready to accept and build my order. I was told 8 weeks at the time I ordered. I planned on 10-12 weeks to get it so I wouldn't be disappointed. I am now 11 weeks and not even scheduled and I can't get one person to tell me anything at all. I can find out more about a pair of socks getting shipped from Amazon after I order it.

Ram if you are listening, how about sending an email (or issue a Press Release!) to the people waiting and tell them if your running into problems from a supplier or if its a quality issue and you are holding back, etc to the people waiting. Maybe you can add on how long you anticipate before the problem is solved. Thanks for listening.......

Kramersp

Reaction score
Yes Customer Service has totally sucked! No other way to sugar coat it. They will tell you anything to get you off the phone or chat. These problems could be solved so easily with them telling us the truth. Why is that so hard? Today is Week #11 (Day 77 today) Still in D status for me but I have been told many other things from Ram during this time frame including build and shipping dates. NOT ONE has turned out to be true at any time. I love the truck and the Rambox is the feature I want the most. I have no intention of getting a Ford or Chevy or GMC. I love my 2015 Limited and would have traded it in for the 2018 but I knew Ram was coming out with the new version so I waited. I didn't order at the beginning because they said the RamBox was late availability. I waited until Ram told me THEY were ready to accept and build my order. I was told 8 weeks at the time I ordered. I planned on 10-12 weeks to get it so I wouldn't be disappointed. I am now 11 weeks and not even scheduled and I can't get one person to tell me anything at all. I can find out more about a pair of socks getting shipped from Amazon after I order it.

Ram if you are listening, how about sending an email (or issue a Press Release!) to the people waiting and tell them if your running into problems from a supplier or if its a quality issue and you are holding back, etc to the people waiting. Maybe you can add on how long you anticipate before the problem is solved. Thanks for listening.......
I commend you. 77 days in D status and I wouldve been driving a F150 with ice cold AC! LOL. You must be quite the fan. I get it, but this is just plain customer abuse.

jackson

Reaction score
Here is the latest on my truck from MOTS. ANyone understand this?

Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 07/21/18 05:03:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Delivered to Storage/Transfer Yard 07/21/18 05:03:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS

Kramersp

Reaction score
Here is the latest on my truck from MOTS. ANyone understand this?

Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 07/21/18 05:03:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Delivered to Storage/Transfer Yard 07/21/18 05:03:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS
Maybe that's JS?

1Raider

Reaction score
It's sad, I've been really excited about the truck until the last few weeks with no movement or no communication what so ever on the truck.. One of the main reason's to buy a Ram was the Rambox an they treat us this way....

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't taken the issue poll yet because I'm torn.
Please don’t hesitate to add to the poll, @firecadet613 every response is important whether it is a good news story like yours or a bad news story like the folks with honest issues. Also no pressure as I made it so you can change your response anytime your situation changes.

It was made to help owners, by a soon-to-be-owner, so any honest data good or bad is valuable data. If you are a “Happy Camper” (my term for a satisfied owner with no REQUIRED repairs) just put that in there. If you want folks to know you’ve got an issue that others may have too, put that in there.

People may misinterpret data at times of course, but as a group hopefully we can talk it out, keep everybody “caged” (pilot term for level headed), making the best decisions we all can and not going to the extremes (not haters nor blind fanboys) unless truly warranted.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Please don’t hesitate to add to the poll, @firecadet613 every response is important whether it is a good news story like yours or a bad news story like the folks with honest issues. Also no pressure as I made it so you can change your response anytime your situation changes.

It was made to help owners, by a soon-to-be-owner, so any honest data good or bad is valuable data. If you are a “Happy Camper” (my term for a satisfied owner with no REQUIRED repairs) just put that in there. If you want folks to know you’ve got an issue that others may have too, put that in there.

People may misinterpret data at times of course, but as a group hopefully we can talk it out, keep everybody “caged” (pilot term for level headed), making the best decisions we all can and not going to the extremes (not haters nor blind fanboys) unless truly warranted.
On the order sheet please change the following:
No on off road
Yes on air suspension (All Limiteds have it, right?)
Yes on Pano roof
JB status as of 7/22
Thanks. I was not sure how to change it and did not want to screw it up.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've added a bit more conditional formatting today to the "Current Status" column. The orders that have passed the D1 stage are white, so they stand out a little bit, and it makes the trend of older orders being built first a little more obvious (but imperfect, as @Slim is well aware). I've also re-sorted the spreadsheet by order date, now that we have a few additions, to keep everything on track.

Users who are viewing this thread