5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone seen a 19' with the Rambox yet?

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the price of 3 dividers for the Rambox? What a rip-off !!! They just slide into those slots in the boxes and appear to be worth maybe $10-20 at most. They are $95 for 3 so $190 if you want them for both sides. They should come with the Ramboxes as standard equipment. Talk about nickel and diming your customers.
www.mopar.com/en-us/store/accessories/product/82215793AB/RamBox®+Cargo+Dividers.html

there is a thread i was involved with before. in have enough long tools that they are not practical for me. back in 2013 they were $188.00 per side. much cheaper now. i would probably do only on side.

1Raider

Reaction score
Hopefully soon, he was on Vacation, just got back and hasn't been feeling well. I should note that he doesn't work at the plant though.

Yea hopefully he can get us some fresh pictures of what's going on for us.
Can't believe that its so secretive when the Hellcat an Demon crew can get outside info an video from outside the plant gates to everyone and we cant get hardly anything on some trucks.

Is there really that tight of clearance issues that someone couldn't go out to the holding lot's outside of the plant to see what's going on or is it that lack of enthusiasm?

Heck im sure a few of us would chip in some compensation for someone to just go and see what's going on. Jared B seems like you could make that happen?

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
On April 29th Jared posted an article that Ramboxes were in production so there is some confusion on my part. The only thing that comes to mind is that the truck in the picture was a tester.
https://5thgenrams.com/quad-cabs-and-ram-boxes-are-now-in-production/

there definitely is some confusion. i feel you pain. the rambox is not going as planned. i don't think anyone knows when they will come online. for ME the rambox (and the tranny)separates RAM from the competition. ALL the pictures of the rambox are of the same 3-4 trucks.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Here is an order that has ramboxes per posts on another forum.

“Ordered my Limited on 5/03 went D1 6/1 has rambox looks like they take up to 4 weeks to get from D1 to Kz so 11-12 weeks is what it looks like from order to delivery.”

And it was built today!

stubright (Ram 1500 Limited CC 4x4 - Ivory)
Date ordered: 05/03/2018
Current Status: I
D1 status date: 06/01/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 07/01/18 05:19:00 PM

Last edited:

sgk

Reaction score
If that's true, and that truck has RamBoxes that would be fantastic news. interested to see how this pans out.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yea hopefully he can get us some fresh pictures of what's going on for us.
Can't believe that its so secretive when the Hellcat an Demon crew can get outside info an video from outside the plant gates to everyone and we cant get hardly anything on some trucks.

Is there really that tight of clearance issues that someone couldn't go out to the holding lot's outside of the plant to see what's going on or is it that lack of enthusiasm?

Heck im sure a few of us would chip in some compensation for someone to just go and see what's going on. Jared B seems like you could make that happen?

Its not hard to get to the lot, it actually backs onto streets and has see through fences. I talked to him about an hour ago and he said that he actually was in the area but didn't have his camera with him. Nothing new according to him but a lot of Patriot Blue and Flame Red trucks (must have just done those color runs) along with base non LED headlight Big Horns.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
On April 29th Jared posted an article that Ramboxes were in production so there is some confusion on my part. The only thing that comes to mind is that the truck in the picture was a tester.
https://5thgenrams.com/quad-cabs-and-ram-boxes-are-now-in-production/

That was my bad, I was sent those photos and assumed that they must have been in production... You know what they say about assuming, my fault and I apologize for that. I'm thinking those trucks must have been testers or fast feedback trucks. Although it's looking like someones truck with Ram boxes might have been built today. Hopefully we get some more information on it tomorrow and can confirm, it would make sense to me as eTorque production started last Sunday, so Sundays could be the day when the add new configurations to the line.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a bunch of Rambox pictures from the Detroit International Autoshow though that you guys may or may not have seen and the one that was previously spotted in the SHAP holding lot.

CP4I7202.jpg

CP4I7203.jpg

CP4I7204.jpg

CP4I7205.jpg

CP4I7206.jpg

CP4I7207.jpg

CP4I7208.jpg

CP4I7209.jpg

CP4I7211.jpg

19MY_Ram_1500_Catalog_eBrochure-page-008.jpg

19MY_Ram_1500_Catalog_eBrochure-page-007.jpg

CP4I6881.jpg

longhornrambox.jpg
ramboxlimited.jpg

Last edited:

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the price of 3 dividers for the Rambox? What a rip-off !!! They just slide into those slots in the boxes and appear to be worth maybe $10-20 at most. They are $95 for 3 so $190 if you want them for both sides. They should come with the Ramboxes as standard equipment. Talk about nickel and diming your customers.
www.mopar.com/en-us/store/accessories/product/82215793AB/RamBox®+Cargo+Dividers.html

I made my own out of 1/4 inch plywood that I had laying around and painted them. Cost=$0

Ramman

Reaction score
I've been in D1 since June 1st and have a loaded LL with Ramboxes (no Etorque). FCA opened a case late last week for me and got back to me this AM. According to their response, my vehicle is suppose to go into production the week of July 23. We'll see if that date holds but wanted to pass along the news.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been in D1 since June 1st and have a loaded LL with Ramboxes (no Etorque). FCA opened a case late last week for me and got back to me this AM. According to their response, my vehicle is suppose to go into production the week of July 23. We'll see if that date holds but wanted to pass along the news.
You will soon realize that the FCA "opening a case" means absolutely nothing and gets you no father. I have had 8 cases opened for my 19 Ram. This is complete useless and many others on here will tell you the same.

1Raider

Reaction score
Well at least we are getting some movement now seems like. Mine is still in D1 on the Jeep garage MOTS as of this afternoon.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Congrats, mots has updated your status to I

Ramman

Reaction score
That's a surprise. Thanks for letting me know. Maybe the Rambox log jam is about to break free.

1Raider

Reaction score
Hurry up we need our "fix".. Do you see any Rugged Pearl coat Brown/Walnut brown Rambox trucks in those pictures yet? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread