5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone seen a 19' with the Rambox yet?

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in JB status. Recieved my build sheet today. Limited rambox and e-torque with off road
Also would love to see it. Did you order Ramboxes?

I ordered 6/27 w eTorque and Ramboxes so have a ways to go, still in D... I’ll have to live off your guys’ excitement for a while.

1Raider

Reaction score
Well here I wait... Goodness gracious,FCA could put out a statement for those who ordered the Rambox option on whats going on etc!

1Raider (Ram 1500 Longhorn CC 4x4 - Rugged Brown)
Date ordered: 05/22/2018 (re-ordered 06/07/2018)
Current Status: New order
D1 status date: TBD
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: TBD

Phiefer

Reaction score
I ordered a 2019 Black Limited on 5-12-18. eTorque, Rambox, 22" wheels, Sunroof, 19 spk audio, Level 1 Equip Group, 33 gal tank, Indego/Frost, Cust Perferred Package 27m, 4x4 5'7" bed, anti-spin, air suspension, retractable side rails.

5-24 order status D. Asked dealer if I could make a change, but they said the order was accepted. (I was thinking of changing the color to silver since people were telling me how hard it is to keep a black truck clean) VIN is 1C6SRFH72KN603741

6-1 order status D1 ship date 6/13. Wow, I'm thinking I may have this black truck by end of June. Other forum members snicker...

6-7, 6-11, 6-15, 6-23, 6-25 order status remains at D1 with 6/13 ship date (as seen by dealer order status). I'm not sure what to think at this time.

7-02 I'm doubting the order systems functionality. Status is still D1 and was to ship two weeks earlier. No window sticker can be found or build sheet. Does not appear this truck exists yet. I ask my dealer if I can place another order, this one for silver. Same eTorque, rambox, air suspension, sunroof and other stuff as before. Dealer is OK with having my name on more than 1 order and assures me I can take either. So far, have paid nothing down and not signed anything to force me to buy either. I have bought many cars from this dealer, so they know me. I order the limited in silver.

7-6 Order status of Black truck is D1 shipping 6/13 with no window sticker yet or build sheet. Order status of Silver truck is D, VIN is 1C6SRFHT7KN633740.

7-18 Order status for Black truck has not changed. Order status for Silver truck has not changed. I keep thinking each day which color I would rather have. Black looks very sharp and shows great detail. Silver looks neat also. I'm sure the Black truck will come in first and I will need to decide. Any feedback from others who have had these colors? I have had several black and silver cars, but never an expensive truck like this will be. The silver truck may end up costing me an extra $500 with the lowering of the rebates based on my order date.

I'll keep the group posted on these if the status changes.

Ickabod

Reaction score
Any feedback from others who have had these colors?
I have the Billet Silver color and I love it. I don't always have time to clean the truck every week, so I am glad it hides the dirt well. I fellow at work has an older black ram and it is always looking dirty with every sprinkle of rain we get.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had a black truck before. Looks good when its clean and that don't last long(bird poop, dust,pollen). I have a white one now and always looks clean if I can't wash it for a month or so. When I order my new Rebel I will be getting the Billet Silver. It looks very nice.

1Raider

Reaction score
Guys I thought when I ordered a new build of the all new 17' Superduty trucks in early 16' for my business I thought was hard to track etc turned out great and everything worked out like Ford said it would.

This new 1500 Ram that I've had on order with the option of a Rambox an offroad group that may replace the truck for my foreman an the only reason is the Rambox option that the competition isn't offering at the moment.
Other wise the "F" brand would be the clear choice again an may still be if I cant get a truck built soon.

Last edited:

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Guys I thought when I ordered some new build 17' Superduty trucks in early 16' for my business I thought was hard to track etc..
This new 1500 that o have on order with the option Rambox that may replace the truck I have now optioned out an the only reason over why FCA may get my business over the competition is the Rambox option.
Other wise the X brand would be the clear choice again an may still be if I cant get a truck built soon.

(y). i agee %100. i would love to know the percentage of rams sold with the rambox, north american wide. i think it is under-marketed and yet- is the #1 option (#2 interior) they offer..(imho) .i have since jumped off the fence (waiting for the 6'4" rambox) and will order a crew cab 5'7" with rambox. yes i will get ito the ZOMBIE line up- but i don't understand the oversight of the demand? to me it is worth it and i feel everyones PAIN.

ok. i got it out of my system. back to the beer.:cool:

1Raider

Reaction score
Has anyone else kinda felt the excitement of this new truck "dissipating" so to speak with all the issues being found with the AC an the other issues plus NO COMMUNICATION from FCA on our Rambox equipped trucks with no end in sight?

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Has anyone else kinda felt the excitement of this new truck "dissipating" so to speak with all the issues being found with the AC an the other issues plus NO COMMUNICATION from FCA on our Rambox equipped trucks with no end in sight?

for me it is a bit of a let down. i think the lack of communication is SOLEY what is hurting them. a monthly update would appease MOST people.(i think). Being in the business world myself- next to providing a great product/service communication is #1 . we need to encourage the members with existing - no problem RAMS to keep chiming in to keep the MORAL up. :)

Kramersp

Reaction score
Brass tax here. How many of these 2019 Rams have garbage AC? My 2013 F150 will be cold to the point that I need to turn down the AC on a 96 degree day. My truck is black with a moonroof. AC performance is a basic requirement. If this truck isnt up to par, I wont purchase it.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Nope. I am waiting till September/October to place my order because I was 99% sure the launch would not go off without a hitch. I've been an early adopter and paid the price before.

Communication, or the lack thereof, is the only negative in my opinion. I'm a small business owner and communication on a new product launch is key, even if the product is only marginal. The QC and poor design issues are more or less par for the course with a new vehicle launch as far as I'm concerned.

fish mojo

Reaction score
Jared has reported Ram monitors this site. Hello, RAM!! Your most loyal customers are losing confidence and faith in the brand and you are all but transparent. Issues and poor delivery.
I’m going to start looking at GM and Ford.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. I am waiting till September/October to place my order because I was 99% sure the launch would not go off without a hitch. I've been an early adopter and paid the price before.

Communication, or the lack thereof, is the only negative in my opinion. I'm a small business owner and communication on a new product launch is key, even if the product is only marginal. The QC and poor design issues are more or less par for the course with a new vehicle launch as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly how I feel. There isn't a product of this magnitude on earth that would go off without a hitch. Please someone say "Ford did it in 2015" and we can all go look back at their forums during that time frame, they certainly had their issues. I have absolutely zero regrets with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone. The only issue I have is their lack of communication and transparency. Additionally, it's so far over my head how this works, and im assuming a LOT of the brains behind this launch have researched and crunched the numbers on exactly what they can and cannot say, or what is and isn't worth saying. We are a very small sampling but a loud one.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Exactly how I feel. There isn't a product of this magnitude on earth that would go off without a hitch. Please someone say "Ford did it in 2015" and we can all go look back at their forums during that time frame, they certainly had their issues. I have absolutely zero regrets with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone. The only issue I have is their lack of communication and transparency. Additionally, it's so far over my head how this works, and im assuming a LOT of the brains behind this launch have researched and crunched the numbers on exactly what they can and cannot say, or what is and isn't worth saying. We are a very small sampling but a loud one.

Thats the positive reaction i was looking for.:D

Users who are viewing this thread