5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dcchris311

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, in the mail I received certificate for $5000 off on any Ram. This is addition to any national incentives.
In the smaller print it states the $5000 off is also good on any Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, or Alfa. Same deal with the national incentives on these brands.
I can't find what the current incentives are on the '25's. The '24's only are offering $2500 which is awful compared to the 15% they were offering not long ago.
They offered $1k off my Tungsten build...well it's a coupon but still something offered by RAM.

MT755

Reaction score
I wonder if that amount is paid by Stelantis or the dealer? Or if it's 50/50¿ It would be nice to buy a truck under invoice and get $5,000 more off of that.

pensfan

Reaction score
I looked at the certificate more closely. I was going to try and convince my wife to get rid of her '19 Charger and get a Durango. With 5K off, 3950 incentives, and affiliate pricing, I would have reduced the price by 10000.
However, the certificate says I must trade in the vehicle with VIN that is on eh certificate. That is my '16 Ram, which I am not ready to get rid of it yet.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
then why did the '24 etorque-only not sell?

Because people knew the 25s were coming.

The eTorque is one of the reasons I bought a 2020 in 2023, and not new. I think Ram will reintroduce a V8 in a couple of years, the 3.0 is OK til it has issues with the twin turbos. The over designed 3.0 will be a nightmare to work on, if or when its required. I strongly recommend a Mopar extended warranty for 100K miles, if you plan to keep it a long time. I'm not against the 3.0, I just don't think Ram is keeping with their traditions of good running engines that are simple and easy to work on. I saw my first 3.0 (1500 SST) the other day, and the salesman was driving it as a demo. He thought it had power, until he towed with it.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I test drove the new engine yesterday. It is very quiet and smooth and quiet, could feel the extra torque over the hemi. Felt like it was wanting to break the rear tires loose even when giving it 3/4 throttle from like 25-30 miles an hour. Good chance I will be grabbing either a big horn night edition or Laramie sport edition real soon. Dealers looking be giving around 6K off right now before any negotiating.

Last edited:

PetePA

Reaction score
I test drove the new engine yesterday. It is very quiet and smooth and quiet, could feel the extra torque over the hemi. Felt like it was wanting to break the rear tires loose even when giving it 3/4 throttle from like 25-30 miles an hour. Good chance I will be grabbing either a big horn night edition or Laramie sport edition real soon. Dealers looking be getting around 6K off right now before any negotiating.
Yeah that's what I've been hearing from multiple sources.... The new engine is badas$

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol, weak. Must be those 3.21 gears you got holding you back
I’m on my third hemi.

I‘ve had 3.21, 3.92 and 4.56 rear axles with the hemi.

Used all of them for hauling, towing and daily driver stuff.

The hemi is just not a strong motor. Good for daily driver, weekend warrior.

People complain about just putting bigger tires on the hemi and the degradation.

Ive had multiple HD trucks with diesels also, so I know the hemi is weak. It just is.

Sorry to crap on the beloved hemi. Might as well get good mileage with 3.21 for daily driving and weekend warrior.

I would be excited about the new engines, I think people will be happy with its performance over the hemi.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m on my third hemi.

I‘ve had 3.21, 3.92 and 4.56 rear axles with the hemi.

Used all of them for hauling, towing and daily driver stuff.

The hemi is just not a strong motor. Good for daily driver, weekend warrior.

People complain about just putting bigger tires on the hemi and the degradation.

Ive had multiple HD trucks with diesels also, so I know the hemi is weak. It just is.

Sorry to crap on the beloved hemi. Might as well get good mileage with 3.21 for daily driving and weekend warrior.

I would be excited about the new engines, I think people will be happy with its performance over the hemi.
If you think the hemi is weak you must not of ever driven any other brand of car or truck in your life. You think a little 2.0 turbo in a Kia is an amazing engine too? Or maybe their overpowered 2.5l na?
You must be a big fan of Fords 4.6l V8 too right?
Comparing a 1500 to a 2500 doesn't make any sense. If a 2500 was weaker then a 1500 that would be very sus indeed.
The hemi is what it is. It's not weak nor is it the strongest engine on planet Earth, it has its place.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you think the hemi is weak you must not of ever driven any other brand of car or truck in your life. You think a little 2.0 turbo in a Kia is an amazing engine too? Or maybe their overpowered 2.5l na?
You must be a big fan of Fords 4.6l V8 too right?
Comparing a 1500 to a 2500 doesn't make any sense. If a 2500 was weaker then a 1500 that would be very sus indeed.
The hemi is what it is. It's not weak nor is it the strongest engine on planet Earth, it has its place.

I have owned and driven a lot of vehicles. Never had a Kia 2.0 or 2.5L. Never a ford 4.6L.
I’ve owned 2 ford 5.4Ls. Can’t follow you logic, but I’m sure I would not be impressed with any of the engines you mentioned.

As far as the 2500 to 1500 comparison. The 5.7 hemi was in early powerwagons with 4.56.
Same motor, still weak.

I know there is some Hemi love out there and you personally have a lot invested. I see that.
So what.

These trucks with the hemi do have a place. Full size truck with a bed to put stuff in, run around in and haul and tow a limited amount.

However, these trucks with the new I6 motors will be much stronger and more capable.

The new I6 motors are needed if you really use a truck. These people SHOULD be exited over the new engines. I’m excited for them.

Yep, Hemi weak.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have owned and driven a lot of vehicles. Never had a Kia 2.0 or 2.5L. Never a ford 4.6L.
I’ve owned 2 ford 5.4Ls. Can’t follow you logic, but I’m sure I would not be impressed with any of the engines you mentioned.

As far as the 2500 to 1500 comparison. The 5.7 hemi was in early powerwagons with 4.56.
Same motor, still weak.

I know there is some Hemi love out there and you personally have a lot invested. I see that.
So what.

These trucks with the hemi do have a place. Full size truck with a bed to put stuff in, run around in and haul and tow a limited amount.

However, these trucks with the new I6 motors will be much stronger and more capable.

The new I6 motors are needed if you really use a truck. These people SHOULD be exited over the new engines. I’m excited for them.

Yep, Hemi weak.
You just bruised the ego of millions who are proud to say "yep it's got a Hemi".😆

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on purpose and priorities. At this stage for me a half ton is for fun, so I love the Hemi!

I understand that relative to every other half ton maker’s top-shelf motor it is weak. I don’t give a rats, it’s still my favorite engine because of how it feels, works and sounds.

For context I’m also a Miata guy, which is weak relative to most any other sports car.

Neither is weak relative to vehicles from long ago, both have superlative power for their mission, and neither can be compared to unrelated classes of vehicles.

In the EV age I just don’t care about horsepower all that much anymore.
It’s all about character. And that’s coming from someone who used to spend lots of $$ to go down a drag strip as quickly as possible.

Of course I might just be getting old.

If I went back to using a truck for work then I’d look at a turbo half ton again or an HD. And I do believe the Hurricane will be among the best of the breed.

pensfan

Reaction score
I test drove the new engine yesterday. It is very quiet and smooth and quiet, could feel the extra torque over the hemi. Felt like it was wanting to break the rear tires loose even when giving it 3/4 throttle from like 25-30 miles an hour. Good chance I will be grabbing either a big horn night edition or Laramie sport edition real soon. Dealers looking be giving around 6K off right now before any negotiating.
I don't see any national incentives on the Ram site. Are there specific ones you know of that aren't published? If they are around 6 K plus my 5K certificate, it gets interesting. I pay affiliate pricing which is 1% under invoice.. That equals about 4500 off sticker. I suspect the incentives will creep higher soon.
Locally the '24's are disappearing from the lots. All I see left are the chrome trim Laramie and Big Horn models, plus a few Limiteds.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see any national incentives on the Ram site. Are there specific ones you know of that aren't published? If they are around 6 K plus my 5K certificate, it gets interesting. I pay affiliate pricing which is 1% under invoice.. That equals about 4500 off sticker. I suspect the incentives will creep higher soon.
Locally the '24's are disappearing from the lots. All I see left are the chrome trim Laramie and Big Horn models, plus a few Limiteds.
I've seen TV commercials for up to $10k off

Users who are viewing this thread