5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I looked at the Wagoneer site. The wheels are different than the Ram. The Ram is almost totally black except the outer edges.
It is ridiculous what Ram wants for the night Edition on a Laramie. It is 3400 plus you need to take the level 2 package. That is almost 6K over the base Laramie. The Level 2 has nothing in it that relates to trim color. Just more things I don't want or need.
The black package on the F150 Lariat is 1000. Once again Ram is price gouging.
Interesting video on RAM prices. He’s not wrong.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can you expand on your statement? Looking for the correct information.

Some info I have gathered:
Local station gets 87 and 93 delivered and is mixed at the pump.
Alcohol will raise the octane but has less BTUs so less mpg
Local station last I checked was about 50 cents more (maybe 60) for 89 vs 87
Blending 87 with higher octane (91 93) to get 89 was cheaper than pumping 89 at the same pump

100% gasoline (no alcohol, octane 91 I believe) has given me 24+ mpg (rated 21 mpg ) on the highway with my 5.7. First time I was only able to add 12 gallons on the fill up to my 26 gallon tank, 2nd time I believe 18, so I still had alcohol in the gas. I have a tendency to believe there is a diminishing return on 100% gasoline, for example 5% alcohol delivers the same mpg as 0% alcohol. I do know my mpg increased by about 10% or better (again highway) by adding pure gasoline. Not cost effective as it was about .60 more per gallon.

Have not reached a conclusion on octane and mpg as the variables change too much (no consistent conditions) for my driving habits. The few times I did try to attempt to vary the octane I got better mpg with 87 than 91, again I draw no conclusions from my personnel experience. My 2001 Dodge Ram SLT came with a tag that said to use 87 unless towing or carrying a load.

For the most part I use Top Tier gasoline, primarily Costco.
Only place you will ever see 85 is higher elevations, which Is is not. Yes, more stations will blend 87 and 91 to get 89, as long as everything is E10. If there is non-ethanol fuel, it has its own tank and isn't mixed with anything.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
.50 Mid and $1 premium in SH*Tcagoland burbs
I always pass sh——t ago when traveling back and forth from Wisconsin to Indiana. I always fill at the last station in Beloit along the interstate coming home and going I can leave home full and make it to mauston Wisconsin. Gas is too high in big windy

vdrsnk04

Reaction score
lower towing capacity is a deal breaker for me.. And I never buy the first year of a new design engine.. To get the full power ,those twin turbos will be pushing hard and making a lot of heat. Look whats happening to FORD turbo ecoboost when loaded.. Main bearing failures. I ll pass.. I love my HEMI E Torques.. Hate to see them go.
The Hurricane is in year 3. But your hemi is obsolete.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting video on RAM prices. He’s not wrong.

I don't disagree with the pricing. That said this guy puts out basically the same videos every other day. How much doom and gloom can he get in today's video to get the most clicks.

Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked at the Wagoneer site. The wheels are different than the Ram. The Ram is almost totally black except the outer edges.
It is ridiculous what Ram wants for the night Edition on a Laramie. It is 3400 plus you need to take the level 2 package. That is almost 6K over the base Laramie. The Level 2 has nothing in it that relates to trim color. Just more things I don't want or need.
The black package on the F150 Lariat is 1000. Once again Ram is price gouging.
If I would get the Laramie, I would go with the Sport and then buy black badges and letters to replace the factory chrome versions. It would be a lot cheaper than the Night Edition.
I agree, the night edition is over priced on the Laramie. Also I don't really care for 22" wheels on a truck and they force you to get them.

pensfan

Reaction score
I agree, the night edition is over priced on the Laramie. Also I don't really care for 22" wheels on a truck and they force you to get them.
The 22" tires have about 5/8" less sidewall to absorb potholes etc and increase the chances of a bent wheel. Plus, they are more expensive to replace.
I stopped again today to look at a couple '25 Rams. Both were Laramies. The wheels are not black buy more like Granite Crystal in color.
Looking at the Rams made me realize that now all 4 sides of the truck have 'RAM' pasted on them. Grill, tailgate, and doors. This is beyond overkill. The badges with the Ram head were much simpler and cleaner looking. The tailgate billboard was so unnecessary. Change for the sake of change.
My'16 Ram has Ram 1500 on the front doors. Grill and tailgate are Ram heads. More and more I am convincing myself to keep my '16 with only 72,000 miles on it and no turbo.

Phoon

Reaction score
The 22" tires have about 5/8" less sidewall to absorb potholes etc and increase the chances of a bent wheel. Plus, they are more expensive to replace.
I stopped again today to look at a couple '25 Rams. Both were Laramies. The wheels are not black buy more like Granite Crystal in color.
Looking at the Rams made me realize that now all 4 sides of the truck have 'RAM' pasted on them. Grill, tailgate, and doors. This is beyond overkill. The badges with the Ram head were much simpler and cleaner looking. The tailgate billboard was so unnecessary. Change for the sake of change.
My'16 Ram has Ram 1500 on the front doors. Grill and tailgate are Ram heads. More and more I am convincing myself to keep my '16 with only 72,000 miles on it and no turbo.
Those turbos must be avoided at all costs! Everyone knows that anything with a turbo is no good. Especially all the heavy equipment that runs for a million miles, or the diesel trucks, or the high performance motors such as the 2Jz, B58 buick 3800, audi 2.5 or porsche flat 6. All of them are serious junk because of the turbos.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Have owned several turbo cars over the years and on my 3rd one now, never any problems and over 100K on one of them. For heavy lifting there's always a diesel. Many WW2 aircraft used turbos - nothing new.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I don't disagree with the pricing. That said this guy puts out basically the same videos every other day. How much doom and gloom can he get in today's video to get the most clicks.
Bad news sells papers (clicks). It doesn't take a lot of journalistic effort to walk around a lot and show window stickers. EVs are wildly more more expensive, YES and they've been getting around $10K off since inception in most areas. Show me a $90K HD and you can see that it is cheaper right this moment than it was a year ago, and very slight increase over 2022 same time. I'm right there with ya in that the pricing is not where I wish it would be, and RAM has made it rather complicated with the rebates vs pricing vs feature-adds. $60K sounds ridiculous for a Bighorn but you're not really paying $60K, and has a lot of features that trickled down from Laramie and packages over the last few years also. Eh you've heard me try to put data on this often enough by now lol.

pensfan

Reaction score
Those turbos must be avoided at all costs! Everyone knows that anything with a turbo is no good. Especially all the heavy equipment that runs for a million miles, or the diesel trucks, or the high performance motors such as the 2Jz, B58 buick 3800, audi 2.5 or porsche flat 6. All of them are serious junk because of the turbos.
I hope the turbos work out fine. This engine is too new for me to commit to buying a Ram yet. There are probably less than 50,000 Wagoneers running this thing. I need to see some real world experiences when the volume from Ram picks up.

dcchris311

Reaction score

I've had a 2JZ single turbo, a B58 pushing higher boost on the stock turbo, 94 Rx-7 13b-TT, eclipse GSX and a 240sx with a RB25, a Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. They were all turbocharged, pushing higher boost preasure and had ZERO issues. Not sure where you're getting information that a turbocharger is bad but they've been great to me! Keep up with your maintenance, let them cool down after a hard push. Turbocharged > Supercharged anyday.

Keep up with your maintenance and use quality oil.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've had a 2JZ single turbo, a B58 pushing higher boost on the stock turbo, 94 Rx-7 13b-TT, eclipse GSX and a 240sx with a RB25, a Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. They were all turbocharged, pushing higher boost preasure and had ZERO issues. Not sure where you're getting information that a turbocharger is bad but they've been great to me! Keep up with your maintenance, let them cool down after a hard push. Turbocharged > Supercharged anyday.

Keep up with your maintenance and use quality oil.

Ummm, I believe that was sarcasm.

PetePA

Reaction score
Lots of sarcasm. Lol. I liked my hemi trucks but lots of folks on here seem to think turbos are just going to explode after a year or two. Find it funny. Lol
Wait, so they're not supposed to be replaced every 3 oil changes?

Users who are viewing this thread