5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lonepeak

Reaction score
Spoke with my local dealer a few days ago Re: vehicle arrival and whether if I preordered a Limited today or waited until they start shipping he said either way it would likely take 3-4 months to get vehicle. I will give it another few weeks and recheck the wind. I'm begining to think either way I wouldn't see a vehicle until at least September. Hope I'm wrong.

dcchris311

Reaction score
Spoke with my local dealer a few days ago Re: vehicle arrival and whether if I preordered a Limited today or waited until they start shipping he said either way it would likely take 3-4 months to get vehicle. I will give it another few weeks and recheck the wind. I'm begining to think either way I wouldn't see a vehicle until at least September. Hope I'm wrong.

I hope your wrong, I need my truck by the end of June at the latest. Otherwise Mark Dodge is going to keep my deposit for my Tungsten. I'll just move over to a Raptor at that point.

vdrsnk04

Reaction score
I hope your wrong, I need my truck by the end of June at the latest. Otherwise Mark Dodge is going to keep my deposit for my Tungsten. I'll just move over to a Raptor at that point.
A tungsten to a raptor, talk about apples to oranges lol.

ChrisID

Reaction score
Sorry…you’ll need to “show your work” to receive credit for this answer. Otherwise, it’s an unsubstantiated claim that fails to demonstrate any engineering knowledge of the engine’s design. One could even label this as trolling…
The material spec alone on the new engine is off the charts for any engine. From my experience, it is built like a drag car engine. but with production/cost issues in mind, as it should be. Yes it's small and high pressure, but It is not a passenger car engine.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Breaking news on 5thGen intro page:

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like my local dealer has three 2025 Bighorn's and four Laramie's on the lot now. Already marked down about $3000 off MSRP. I'm pretty surprised by that, especially with a lot full of 24’s and even a few 23’s.😲

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Breaking news on 5thGen intro page:

The Night Edition taillights look much better than the taillights on the other packages.

Screenshot 2024-04-06 135648.png Screenshot 2024-04-06 135712.png

Dewey

Reaction score

Music is annoying at the end. Think they wanted to cover up the exhaust sound.😆

Reaction score
Did a general search for 25s on cars.com and it looks like the ones showing up at dealers are starting to get listed:

- Laramie - https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/a2f61ddd-fced-4526-9347-4a600d5dc330/
- Bighorn - https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/4e2295c7-629b-40e4-89cd-e48228990dc0/
- Bighorn -https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/87926804-ca0e-45d6-bbe3-914885154aa7/
- Bighorn -https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/527c3d3f-4d0b-49e2-9b79-bd7d1dd9c212/
- Bighorn - https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/af78a8dd-0176-4759-b0ab-9d834f60bbdc/

There are more listed but you guys get the idea.

The RAM on the back doesn't look as bad as I thought (especially after reading thread comments lol). I would much rather have the logo too, but they're just copying what every other truck (Tundra, Ford, etc) have already been doing. I do not like the rear bumper though.

This one is pretty much what I ordered:
- https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicle/711316975

Last edited:

FloridaSun

Reaction score
I like the RAM logo on the tailgate in black...the chrome version looks like a billboard. I ordered tailgate with the barn doors to remove that logo.

Dewey

Reaction score
I like the RAM logo on the tailgate in black...the chrome version looks like a billboard. I ordered tailgate with the barn doors to remove that logo.
That was a good choice. I was never a fan of the MFTG but now it sure looks much better without the big letters.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The Night Edition taillights look much better than the taillights on the other packages.

View attachment 180587 View attachment 180588
That looks so much better than the non NE tails. But I still like the '19-'24 tail lights better. The more of I see of the '25's the less I like them. Which is the opposite of what normally happens for me when a redesign comes out, for any truck brand.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, the more blacked out color just looks better. I looked at a NE Big horn at my dealer, looks pretty good. Not sure I'm sold on the new Big Horn NE wheels though, flat black plastic clad. I can see why they use clad wheels for chrome, but if you have a colored wheel, why not just paint the wheel instead of painting a plastic cover to sick on it.

pensfan

Reaction score
The chrome tailgate letters are hideous. Way better in black. On the NE's, what's up with the raised white letter tires? I would have them reversed before I drive it off the lot.

Dewey

Reaction score
Just checked out a few 25’s that came in this week. Both were Bighorn’s. Other than the SST on the hood and a few very minor cosmetic changes on the exterior they look pretty much the same especially the interior. I was pretty underwhelmed.

Hopefully the upper trim levels are a bit more exciting. Very happy I’m not in the market for a new truck for at least a few more years.
IMG_1725.jpeg
IMG_1724.jpeg
IMG_1721.jpeg
IMG_1720.jpeg
IMG_1722.jpeg
IMG_1723.jpeg

vdrsnk04

Reaction score
The chrome tailgate letters are hideous. Way better in black. On the NE's, what's up with the raised white letter tires? I would have them reversed before I drive it off the lot.
Breaks up the all black. Without the raised white letters the wheels start looking like this black donut spares cars come with 🤣.

Users who are viewing this thread