5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHRoadking

Reaction score
On purpose?

Yes. Drove the same trucks with the 3.21 and 3.92. Chose the 3.21 because I do not tow more than 4000 pounds.

My new Ram is also 325 pounds lighter than my old Ford F150, with 35 more hp and 8 speeds versus 6. It's a lot faster and gets better gas mileage than my Ford with the 5.0 V8.

I love my new Ram's motor and transmission and gearing.

Last, I hope you find your dream truck with the brown/beige interior you prefer.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. Drove the same trucks with the 3.21 and 3.92. Chose the 3.21 because I do not tow more than 4000 pounds.

My new Ram is also 325 pounds lighter than my old Ford F150, with 35 more hp and 8 speeds versus 6. It's a lot faster and gets better gas mileage than my Ford with the 5.0 V8.
Hey, at least you picked the right truck this time. 🍻
Last, I hope you find your dream truck with the brown/beige interior you prefer.
I'll probably be in a 3500 when they redesign them. Hopefully they put something like I wanted together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread