5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpharex Headlight Group Buy - Ends 04/30/20!

Mpickwith

Reaction score
Anyone have any “pulsing” from the lights? I noticed last night in the drive thru a little pulsing from the lights while we were waiting but didn’t notice anything while driving or when i got home and got out I didn’t see anything with the lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any “pulsing” from the lights? I noticed last night in the drive thru a little pulsing from the lights while we were waiting but didn’t notice anything while driving or when i got home and got out I didn’t see anything with the lights

This can happen at times when the Voltage of the truck battery is low or the Alternator is in power saving mode and not putting out full amperage to th battery. Has nothing to do with the lights or DRL's.

Mpickwith

Reaction score
This can happen at times when the Voltage of the truck battery is low or the Alternator is in power saving mode and not putting out full amperage to th battery. Has nothing to do with the lights or DRL's.

Perfect thanks! I assumed that it was due to that but the wife was talking ISH about the install so i started second guessing myself lol

Aykillah

Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with the projectors not being aligned? My drivers side was way higher than the passenger. I’m going to recheck again tonight when it’s dark.

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with the projectors not being aligned? My drivers side was way higher than the passenger. I’m going to recheck again tonight when it’s dark.

I had to adjust my housings to make them level, if that’s what you are talking about. The passenger side is pretty easy if you take out the air box. A short screwdriver would probably make the drivers as easy.

Aykillah

Reaction score
I had to adjust my housings to make them level, if that’s what you are talking about. The passenger side is pretty easy if you take out the air box. A short screwdriver would probably make the drivers as easy.
I can use a socket for the drivers side which I adjusted to match the passenger side. So now they are both level. If I need to aim them higher I’ll do that with the air box off. Didn’t think of that when I was trying to adjust them. Do you have an even cutoff when your lights are on or is one side higher than the other?

Gs72174

Reaction score
Just starting my install. For those that swapped out the halogens for LED, whats the polarity of the alpharex lights?

Gs72174

Reaction score
I’m swapping both lo beam and hi beam halogens to LED
I see a plus and minus sign on the plug coming off the LED bulbs I bought but nothing visible on the plug on the alpharex

Aykillah

Reaction score
I see a plus and minus sign on the plug coming off the LED bulbs I bought but nothing visible on the plug on the alpharex
Keep your fob in your pocket and after you install the lights plug them in real quick and hit unlock. Your low beams should come on.

Mpickwith

Reaction score
I would definitely verify lights are even before install I spaced it and my pass side is lower than the driver side. I gotta pull the air box to adjust it a bit but the cut off is great on the driver side. With the LASFit bulbs and the morimoto fog lights it definitely lights the road up compared to the halogens I had. Now i don’t feel as bad tinting my windshield lol

Gs72174

Reaction score
I just got done pulling the factory lights. I didn’t get any instructions in the box. All I got was a harness in one of the boxes. Do I need to use the harness if I’m not worried about the DRL function?

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
I can use a socket for the drivers side which I adjusted to match the passenger side. So now they are both level. If I need to aim them higher I’ll do that with the air box off. Didn’t think of that when I was trying to adjust them. Do you have an even cutoff when your lights are on or is one side higher than the other?

They are even enough to satisfy me - I don’t have a level driveway/perfect place to measure them. Seem level to naked eye currently.

Aykillah

Reaction score
I just got done pulling the factory lights. I didn’t get any instructions in the box. All I got was a harness in one of the boxes. Do I need to use the harness if I’m not worried about the DRL function?
The harness is only if you want the DRLs to run without the headlight being on. Seems like a waste not to wire them. It’s very easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread