5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

rkjunior

Reaction score
They never worked on my 2020 Built to Serve either. Speed didn't mater. Even sitting still it just showed dashes instead of numbers
2019 Rebel here. More of a novelty at this point. Might just get rid of them haha

GlennS

Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt response and seems to make sense to me that would be the case. However I am unable to give the app the permissions it needs. I will continue to work on this and if I get alpha OBD the access to the files and media then I will try again.
Thank you Darksteel165 for your prompt response.
I was having this same issue, I could not create any type of backup or log. Unable to give the app permission to files & media. The app did not request the permission so I am unable to grant it. This was with a newly purchased and installed paid version last week.

I contacted Alexey last Friday. Got a response today to try a fixed version. It seems to work now, but it still does not request permission to files & media. I say SEEMS to work because I'm currently at work and unable to do more than create an empty log file which I was unable to do previously. I'll test it more thoroughly once I get home and update here.

Glenn

GlennS

Reaction score
I was having this same issue, I could not create any type of backup or log. Unable to give the app permission to files & media. The app did not request the permission so I am unable to grant it. This was with a newly purchased and installed paid version last week.

I contacted Alexey last Friday. Got a response today to try a fixed version. It seems to work now, but it still does not request permission to files & media. I say SEEMS to work because I'm currently at work and unable to do more than create an empty log file which I was unable to do previously. I'll test it more thoroughly once I get home and update here.

Glenn
I just confirmed it works. I am able to create backup and log files as well as upload and view them.

Glenn

ffyntik

Reaction score
Setting in my profile I believe.
can you be more specific please
My '19 started on whatever input it was on when I shut it off. My '21 is the same way.

I have the 12" multimedia. Don't know what firmware version I'm on.
i have 8.4 screen
In the autoplay settings in audio section of the settings, there is an option.
I have "USB autoplay" only in options, and not bluetooth. So im assuming it will play if i have usb stick in

UnclJim

Reaction score
I ordered a set of the Oracle accents and threw in a set of the demon eyes since I was gonna have the housings open anyways. $387 for everything including the BT controller and a tube of silicone to seal them back up with.

So stoked for these!

c7ba9e099c466a86aa8f06ebc746b933.jpg
I’m thinking of adding the Iracle Demon eyes how are yours holding up after a year?

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
There was an issue with them fulfilling my order so I ended up cancelling it within a few days of placing it.
I also chickened out of splitting my headlights open.

UnclJim

Reaction score
There was an issue with them fulfilling my order so I ended up cancelling it within a few days of placing it.
I also chickened out of splitting my headlights open.
Diode Dynamics makes a universal kit that will fit in My rebels headlights with a slight alteration to the kit. Found a couple installers bt me that are DD authorized

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
What do you all do with left over wiring harnesses?

I have a few--LED bed light install, headliner from installing intermittent wipers, tail gate from installing tailgate ajar. The clips are damaged or a few of the clips are broken. Ends and wire are still fin

Insanity

Reaction score

I have a few--LED bed light install, headliner from installing intermittent wipers, tail gate from installing tailgate ajar. The clips are damaged or a few of the clips are broken. Ends and wire are still fin

I save them for other projects.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have a scrap wire box, and when it gets heaping full, take it to the recycling center and start over. If I have specific plans for something, I might save it aside.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Got 4 Performance Pages Loaded...But There's A Problem
I have a 2022 RAM 1500 Lone Star 5.7 Hemi (DT)...I have the 12" Uconnect 5 radio/screen. I have recently added: Performance, Drive Mode, Race, and Off Road display pages via AlfaOBD parameter changes...they work perfectly for exactly only 24 hrs from the time the AlfaOBD changes were made. I have lost all the pages 2 times already...and both times the pages disappeared exactly 24 hrs after they were created. Of the 8-10 AlfaOBD parameter changes only 1 seems to be changed/updated by the ECU...exactly 24 hrs later....all the other parameter changes are still loaded and the correct values are still there. So it appears that the ECU does an automatic scan/update of valid parameters every 24 hrs...and finds a configuration mis-match and changes the offending parameter.

During the 24 hrs they are up...they pages work great...and look great...have only played with a few of them...I'm thinking about 75% of the stuff works on a base Gen 5 RAM 1500 truck even without some of the OEM install hardware (suspension, paddle shifters, etc)

I know that the Tazer DT and OBD Genie does a lot of things that AlfaOBD can't do. Does anyone know if the Tazer DT and/or OBD Genie have the ability to keep the ECU from making configuration changes so that the display pages I've added will be retained? I have reached out to the tech support at both companies but have not heard back from them.

NOTE: I jumped in on the attempt to get the Performance Pages loaded based on the FB Ram AlfaOBD User's posts and YouTube videos by created by Chase Fillion, for earlier model RAM's and Uconnect systems. Per Chase's write up's on the subject...the one parameter change that the ECU is apparently ID'ing as a mis-match is the VehConfig 1: Vehicle Line...during the parameter adds/changes the Vehicle Line is initially set to: LD - Charger...then then after the change is updated to the ECU then the Vehicle Line needs to be changed/set back to: DT RAM 1500 (to get rid of all the alarms caused by the LD - Charger parameter. This is a theory on my part...the pages may be missing after 24 hrs for other reasons).

Attachments

• Perf Pages-1.jpg
    Perf Pages-1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Perf Pages-2.jpg
    Perf Pages-2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 81
  • Performance Dashboard -  Drive Modes Screen -1.jpg
    Performance Dashboard - Drive Modes Screen -1.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Performance Dashboard -  Drive Modes Screen -2.jpg
    Performance Dashboard - Drive Modes Screen -2.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Performance Dashboard -  Race Options - Launch Control Screen -1.jpg
    Performance Dashboard - Race Options - Launch Control Screen -1.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 77
  • Performance Dashboard - Performance Pages - Dyno Engine Screen -1.jpg
    Performance Dashboard - Performance Pages - Dyno Engine Screen -1.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Performance Dashboard - Performance Pages - Dyno Engine Screen 2nd Page -2.jpg
    Performance Dashboard - Performance Pages - Dyno Engine Screen 2nd Page -2.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Performance Dashboard - Performance Pages - Gauges -1.jpg
    Performance Dashboard - Performance Pages - Gauges -1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 82

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM 1500 Lone Star 5.7 Hemi (DT)...I have the 12" Uconnect 5 radio/screen. I have recently added: Performance, Drive Mode, Race, and Off Road display pages via AlfaOBD parameter changes...they work perfectly for exactly only 24 hrs from the time the AlfaOBD changes were made. I have lost all the pages 2 times already...and both times the pages disappeared exactly 24 hrs after they were created. Of the 8-10 AlfaOBD parameter changes only 1 seems to be changed/updated by the ECU...exactly 24 hrs later....all the other parameter changes are still loaded and the correct values are still there. So it appears that the ECU does an automatic scan/update of valid parameters every 24 hrs...and finds a configuration mis-match and changes the offending parameter.

During the 24 hrs they are up...they pages work great...and look great...have only played with a few of them...I'm thinking about 75% of the stuff works on a base Gen 5 RAM 1500 truck even without some of the OEM install hardware (suspension, paddle shifters, etc)

I know that the Tazer DT and OBD Genie does a lot of things that AlfaOBD can't do. Does anyone know if the Tazer DT and/or OBD Genie have the ability to keep the ECU from making configuration changes so that the display pages I've added will be retained? I have reached out to the tech support at both companies but have not heard back from them.

NOTE: I jumped in on the attempt to get the Performance Pages loaded based on the FB Ram AlfaOBD User's posts and YouTube videos by created by Chase Fillion, for earlier model RAM's and Uconnect systems. Per Chase's write up's on the subject...the one parameter change that the ECU is apparently ID'ing as a mis-match is the VehConfig 1: Vehicle Line...during the parameter adds/changes the Vehicle Line is initially set to: LD - Charger...then then after the change is updated to the ECU then the Vehicle Line needs to be changed/set back to: DT RAM 1500 (to get rid of all the alarms caused by the LD - Charger parameter. This is a theory on my part...the pages may be missing after 24 hrs for other reasons).
ok that is cool lol
please update us if you ever find the culprit

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The performance and off-road pages are subscription based. The reason you lose them is because ram Connect realizes that the apps are loading on a radio whose VIN is not supposed to have them, and kills them from the radio.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The performance and off-road pages are subscription based. The reason you lose them is because ram Connect realizes that the apps are loading on a radio whose VIN is not supposed to have them, and kills them from the radio.
Mostly yeah.
On GT models they are not subscription based and stay for free.
There might be a chance it's not looking at the vin.

I still need to get the gall to go and rip my dash apart to get to the uconnect box and bypass the cables for GPS

What version of UC5 are you running?
On the newer build you can't even get the pages to show up even for 24 hours now. On older builds it works like you said.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mostly yeah.

I still need to get the gall to go and rip my dash apart to get to the uconnect box and bypass the cables for GPS

On the newer build you can't even get the pages to show up even for 24 hours now. On older builds it works like you said.
To word it a little differently-
Connected services is checking the VIN and apps loaded in the radio. If it realizes those apps are there, and don’t belong with that VIN, they get killed.
Anyone that retrofits a UC5 radio into their truck without a telematics box will be able to configure and keep off-road and performance pages. Anyone that has factory UC5 with an in-tact telematics box, and a truck that was built from the factory without the pages, will not be able to keep them in the radio if they configure the BCM for them.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
So if I sign up for the subscription...even with a plain vanilla RAM 1500...they will allow me to keep the pages...all the pages?

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Mostly yeah.

Did a Dealer Mode display and it says: FCA-MY23.T25.48-PROD

Users who are viewing this thread