5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last time zinised alfaObd to update tire size, I just had to pull battery cable and reattach since my cheaper scan tool won't connect to ABS. Worked fine, and was probably quicker

Storm Tech

Reaction score
Daylight Running Lights (DRL)...
2023 Big Horn. Already has DRL, but I want to use my fog lights as the DRL. I used alfaOBD to switch the DRL to the fog lights, but it doesn't work. Is there any way to use the fog lights as my DRL?
For some reason this has never worked, you can use any other DRL option but for some reason the fog lights never work

DeanM2

Reaction score
For some reason this has never worked, you can use any other DRL option but for some reason the fog lights never work
Thank you for the reply. My 10 year old Jeep Wrangler would let me use my fog lights as the DRL, so I am surprised that doesn't work on my new Ram 1500. I am wondering if there is some other setting that also needs to be enabled/disabled to allow DRL to work with fog lights.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. My 10 year old Jeep Wrangler would let me use my fog lights as the DRL, so I am surprised that doesn't work on my new Ram 1500. I am wondering if there is some other setting that also needs to be enabled/disabled to allow DRL to work with fog lights.
Are DRLs enabled in your radio settings? On the truck not in alpha

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No need to wonder. It doesn't work.

Storm Tech

Reaction score
I had a 2016 1500 that I tried to program the fog lights as the DRL’s and it didn’t work. I have a 2020 now and tried it again, still didn’t work. I have the amber turn signals on my 20 programmed as the DRL now. I still maybe missing something but I took a good amount of time looking through the programming setting and some other threads with no luck so far.

SanCap1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good information in this thread. I was able to adjust the TPMS to lower and higher PSI values. I did have to remove the instrument panel to get to the security bypass connections. I also found a GPS tracking device stacked onto the OBD plug. I believe it was left there from the original dealer that the 2022 Power Wagon was sold at.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good information in this thread. I was able to adjust the TPMS to lower and higher PSI values. I did have to remove the instrument panel to get to the security bypass connections. I also found a GPS tracking device stacked onto the OBD plug. I believe it was left there from the original dealer that the 2022 Power Wagon was sold at.
For an HD truck you should be using the type of bypass cable that plugs into the canbus blocks behind the headlight switch.

bradman

Reaction score
I have followed the various thread and forum suggestions to temporarily disable the TPMS using AlphaObd and have been successful with the EVIC display now being hidden.
I still have the unique cluster indicator lamp lit up and cannot seem to turn that off. Any idea what setting may be used to disable this lamp on a DT?

VehConfig 3 Base TPM system present- NO
VehConfig 3 premium tpm system present- NO
VehConfig 5 non regulated tire pressure information system- NO
VehConfig 7 TPMS configuration- SIGNAL NOT AVAILABLE (Tried this but throws a logic error fault)

Is there some other setting that disables the standalone cluster light?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have followed the various thread and forum suggestions to temporarily disable the TPMS using AlphaObd and have been successful with the EVIC display now being hidden.
I still have the unique cluster indicator lamp lit up and cannot seem to turn that off. Any idea what setting may be used to disable this lamp on a DT?

VehConfig 3 Base TPM system present- NO
VehConfig 3 premium tpm system present- NO
VehConfig 5 non regulated tire pressure information system- NO
VehConfig 7 TPMS configuration- SIGNAL NOT AVAILABLE (Tried this but throws a logic error fault)

Is there some other setting that disables the standalone cluster light?
Why not set it to TPIS? Not sure if that's available in the 1500, but it's the default for 3500 and shows the pressures, but no low tire alerts, etc.

I believe it's the 1st and 3rd options there in your list.

bradman

Reaction score
Why not set it to TPIS? Not sure if that's available in the 1500, but it's the default for 3500 and shows the pressures, but no low tire alerts, etc.

I believe it's the 1st and 3rd options there in your list.
Tried TPIS settings instead on the 1500 but no screen for TPIS is shown on EVIC with the settings applicable to a 3500.

With Premium TPMS =NO there is no EVIC screen but the lamp is still being illuminated when the RF Hub throws a fault code for sensors not being located correctly.

I am beginning to believe there is no way around this other than ignoring it or constantly clearing the faults.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Tried TPIS settings instead on the 1500 but no screen for TPIS is shown on EVIC with the settings applicable to a 3500.

With Premium TPMS =NO there is no EVIC screen but the lamp is still being illuminated when the RF Hub throws a fault code for sensors not being located correctly.

I am beginning to believe there is no way around this other than ignoring it or constantly clearing the faults.
Or getting working TPMS

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Have you tried resetting the RF hub after clearing faults?

blacksheep37

Reaction score
Admittedly I didn't read through 108 pages of posts, so sorry if this information is posted somewhere in this thread. But I did attempt to use the "search" function and came up empty.

Is there a setting I can change through AlphOBD that will make at least one of my front USB ports "charge only"? I'm tired of having Android Auto automatically try and activate when someone plugs a phone in.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Admittedly I didn't read through 108 pages of posts, so sorry if this information is posted somewhere in this thread. But I did attempt to use the "search" function and came up empty.

Is there a setting I can change through AlphOBD that will make at least one of my front USB ports "charge only"? I'm tired of having Android Auto automatically try and activate when someone plugs a phone in.
No.
You can buy a "data blocker" or just use a USB cable that is charging only, it's a very common cable.

Users who are viewing this thread