5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome, just ordered it. Guess I'll have to wait until Monday to mess around haha.

Anyone know if the Offroad pages are available on the newest update 40.x or should you keep it at 39.x
No more Off-Road Pages in 40.1

ffyntik

Reaction score
question, every time i start the truck radio plays, is there a way to start it with bluetooth instead of the radio? Ive had 2018 ram before and it always started with bluetooth

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
question, every time i start the truck radio plays, is there a way to start it with bluetooth instead of the radio? Ive had 2018 ram before and it always started with bluetooth
This would have nothing to do with alfaObd

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i tried to google this question and seems like no results, so i thought this might resolve it
There is a thread about this somewhere else. Not sure if anyone found a resolution

38dodge

Reaction score
New to me. AlfaOBD issues.
I’ve tried doing my research but couldn’t find anything to help.
I just installed my TPMS system and trailer brake system when I hooked up the AlfaOBD this is all I can get the system to do. I don’t have any options or added sections unless I’m doing something incorrectly please help me out.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 53

seansmd

Reaction score
New to me. AlfaOBD issues.
I’ve tried doing my research but couldn’t find anything to help.
I just installed my TPMS system and trailer brake system when I hooked up the AlfaOBD this is all I can get the system to do. I don’t have any options or added sections unless I’m doing something incorrectly please help me out.
Clock lower right car with hood open. Some good YouTube vids. Back up first!

Last edited:

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My '19 started on whatever input it was on when I shut it off. My '21 is the same way.

I have the 12" multimedia. Don't know what firmware version I'm on.

rkjunior

Reaction score
No, AFAIK, only 39.7 works with off-road pages, unless they were factory enabled on your truck

Got them working and they're cool but wish the Pitch/Roll worked. I assume my 2019 doesn't have that type of sensor. It's cool seeing the TRX performance based pages, though.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Got them working and they're cool but wish the Pitch/Roll worked. I assume my 2019 doesn't have that type of sensor. It's cool seeing the TRX performance based pages, though.

That's odd. The pitch and roll work for my 2021 Laramie. You have to be driving 25 MPH or slower.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's odd. The pitch and roll work for my 2021 Laramie. You have to be driving 25 MPH or slower.
They never worked on my 2020 Built to Serve either. Speed didn't mater. Even sitting still it just showed dashes instead of numbers

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Works on my 2022 Limited. Depends on the sensors. I think it was possible on 2020 on a higher level trim, I think Laramie?

seansmd

Reaction score
Works on my 2022 Limited. Depends on the sensors. I think it was possible on 2020 on a higher level trim, I think Laramie?
Works on my 23 limited in the 12" cluster, in the uconnect either the pages never showed up or showed up and then removed as others have mentioned. Pretty cool in the cluster, and to be honest if i am off road would want to look there vs uconnect. Ideally in both places.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Definitely Laramie.
I mean on 2020s. I don't think 2019 Laramie's had the sensors for it.
Works on my 23 limited in the 12" cluster, in the uconnect either the pages never showed up or showed up and then removed as others have mentioned. Pretty cool in the cluster, and to be honest if i am off road would want to look there vs uconnect. Ideally in both places.
On UC5 (2022 and above) the pages get uninstalled on the radio head unit (it's an Android app) when the device checks in with FCA via the wireless cell card in the truck.

You are only "suppose" to have them if you have a GT package, which doesn't come on a Limited. I believe offroad pages is also tied to a subscription monthly service because Ram think's it's okay to paywall existing features in the truck that don't connect to any external services such as the cloud or GPS to function. You can add the app as a shortcut and when it gets zapped the icon goes away and it says app not installed when you try to launch it.

You get way more functionality on the head unit vs the instrument cluster

Users who are viewing this thread