5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually, yes. If you connect to the heated seat module, there is a setting in there for changing that threshold.

Awesome! Is that something that you change and the new value "sticks"? Or does the OBDLink and app have to be hooked up every time the truck starts?

Also, is there a way to have the Vented Seat fan come on automatically at a lower ambient temp and at Max fan speed?

I like my vented seat on any time the heated seat is not on, basically.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like to set up my truck with auto-high beams and so the fog lights stay on with the high beams, but I am a little nervous about getting started. There seems to be quite a few different tutorials out there. I am looking for a dead simple walkthrough on how to get started and how to back up the original settings so if I do screw something up I can easily go back. I will freely admit I did not dig too far into this thread but I did search. This app feels huge in what it can do. I need to start off with small bites

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to set up my truck with auto-high beams and so the fog lights stay on with the high beams, but I am a little nervous about getting started. There seems to be quite a few different tutorials out there. I am looking for a dead simple walkthrough on how to get started and how to back up the original settings so if I do screw something up I can easily go back. I will freely admit I did not dig too far into this thread but I did search. This app feels huge in what it can do. I need to start off with small bites
If you don't have the correct sensors in front of the mirror, auto high beams won't work. Fog light drop out is a pretty simple change.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From what I understand I do have the correct sensor for the auto-high beam but not the auto wipers. I may end up swapping out sensors eventually to get both.

frisby5

Reaction score
Is there a sstting on Alfa obd to turn my cargolight and tailgate light off so everytime i open the doors they dont turn on ?!
Thx !

olecarguy

Reaction score
FINALLY she hooked up. Alexey hung with me and was very responsive sending new versions. 3 in all and the third one was a charm. Everything worked!

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.
Hi Mainjet,

Just picked my truck up last week and have gone through the entire thread on adding Adaptive Cruise Control. Being a Limited you likely already have it. I know what ABS/HCU and Switch I need, and also need to be able to connect AlphaODB to enable it. I was about to pull the trigger on AplhaODB, MX+, Kaodtech Security Module Bypass if for nothing else to have a back up to be able to download if needed post warrantee time. However, I was having concerns about being able to connect to a MY23. Emailed Alex and he's responded but it wasn't clear if it would or wouldn't connect without a lot of back and forth. Your's is the first post I've seen on the MY23 subject. Glad to see you finally were able to connect. Seems you've paved the way for the rest of us 23ers. Thanks for the follow up in providing closure.

My plan was to use an automotive windows laptop which I also have autoenginuity installed on.

1) What computer/tablet/phone are you using?
2) I've never connected to bypass the Security Gateway. How difficult is it get to and are there any tips/tricks that need to be done ?
3) From looking at the Kaodtech Security Module Bypass, it would appear that they plug into the SGW somewhere, one end into the ODB and the other into the MX+. Is this correct?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
I know its been talked about a ton, but just changed:

Car configuration change: Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enabled to No

Using a Google search, I was able to confirm that having high beams and fogs (more than four lamps) on all at once is illegal in AR (for simplicity, there are some technical details I am omitting). However, if I do not use my fog lights all the time, then no issues. For example, if I am driving at night, expect to use my high beams and see others, and I want to drive legally, I can just turn off the fogs--this would not be any different than when the dropout was enabled. I also don't see this mod as any different than adding aftermarket fogs, which present the same issues. I am just using the hardware that is already there. When I am on dark country roads where I rarely see anyone at night, then I can leave them on. Nice to be the one deciding and not someone else.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone help me figure out how to get rid of this code it’s something that I did in Alfa and it was way before I knew enough about it so I didn’t make a backup file (Like an idiot I know) but what’s done is done. Anyways, I know it’s not a bad ABS module because dealer changed the ABS module and cleared the code as well as wiped all my changes I made in Alfa. So, when I restored everything it came back up and I can’t figure it out to save my life.

U0140-00 (My ESC warning lamp is on and it says Electronic Stability Control Service) There isn’t anything wrong with it but I have tried so many things to figure out how to clear it but can’t so I need some advanced users help with this one.

Last edited:

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
My alfaOBD backups list the original settings with a (growing) list of changes at the bottom. Is this what I should expect to see?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My alfaOBD backups list the original settings with a (growing) list of changes at the bottom. Is this what I should expect to see?

While not technically a "backup" what you're looking at is the log that can help you determine what to change back*, but yes, it will append.

* There have been at least one settings change identified (heated steering) that cannot simply be changed back. The raw backup file has to be restored to the BCM. Ask me how I know

olecarguy

Reaction score
Can anyone help me figure out how to get rid of this code it’s something that I did in Alfa and it was way before I knew enough about it so I didn’t make a backup file (Like an idiot I know) but what’s done is done. Anyways, I know it’s not a bad ABS module because dealer changed the ABS module and cleared the code as well as wiped all my changes I made in Alfa. So, when I restored everything it came back up and I can’t figure it out to save my life.

U0410-00 (My ESC warning lamp is on and it says Electronic Stability Control Service) There isn’t anything wrong with it but I have tried so many things to figure out how to clear it but can’t so I need some advanced users help with this one.
Have you seen and tried what's in this video?

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have gone through it but truthfully I didn’t even look at the basic info I was going through everything else I’ll give it a try tonight when I get home. Thanks for the response.

mainjet

Reaction score
Hi Mainjet,

Just picked my truck up last week and have gone through the entire thread on adding Adaptive Cruise Control. Being a Limited you likely already have it. I know what ABS/HCU and Switch I need, and also need to be able to connect AlphaODB to enable it. I was about to pull the trigger on AplhaODB, MX+, Kaodtech Security Module Bypass if for nothing else to have a back up to be able to download if needed post warrantee time. However, I was having concerns about being able to connect to a MY23. Emailed Alex and he's responded but it wasn't clear if it would or wouldn't connect without a lot of back and forth. Your's is the first post I've seen on the MY23 subject. Glad to see you finally were able to connect. Seems you've paved the way for the rest of us 23ers. Thanks for the follow up in providing closure.

My plan was to use an automotive windows laptop which I also have autoenginuity installed on.

1) What computer/tablet/phone are you using?
2) I've never connected to bypass the Security Gateway. How difficult is it get to and are there any tips/tricks that need to be done ?
3) From looking at the Kaodtech Security Module Bypass, it would appear that they plug into the SGW somewhere, one end into the ODB and the other into the MX+. Is this correct?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
AlfaOBD sent me the DT MY2023+ Powernet patch. Once I had the proper one (they tried 3 different times) it now hooks up no problem.

k.jpg

Look behind the knee panel about 3-4 inches to the left of the screw shown in the picture and look for the metal support bracket shown in the next picture. Follow that up and find the box with the two connectors shown.

I.jpg

Disconnect the two connectors and plug them into the red bypass cable.

h.jpg

G.jpg

plug the MX+ into the other end of the red cable

k.jpg

Once you do this a number of times you will walk up to the trunk, sit on the running board and reach one hand up under the dash. Then feel for the cable, pinch the wires right below the connector with your thumb and second finger and push the tab in with your index finger and pull.

I use a windows laptop (also just updated AlfaOBD yesterday with the updated version. Maybe that has 2023 on it. I'm not sure because I already had it on my version.

Yesterday I did the following and activated everything with AlfaOBD:
1. Installed Trailer Brake Controller
2. Tailgate ajar warning indicator
3. LED Bed lights

N.jpg
P.jpg

L.jpg

Attachments

• J.jpg
    J.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 33
  • M.jpg
    M.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score

U0410-00 (My ESC warning lamp is on and it says Electronic Stability Control Service) There isn’t anything wrong with it but I have tried so many things to figure out how to clear it but can’t so I need some advanced users help with this one.

So, I have gone through this several times and only one thing stood out to me but it was not it everything else looks correct as to what I can tell. Nothing that sticks out of the ordinary and just normal changes of factory upgrade mods that I have changed. Everything else “looks” correct but I really don’t know.

frisby5

Reaction score
Anyone know the procedure to change my Veh from BH to Sport on the display screen using Alfa ?
Thx

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know the procedure to change my Veh from BH to Sport on the display screen using Alfa ?
Thx
I changed mine with the TazerDT to Sport. Might see what other screens are available if there have been updates since I got mine

frisby5

Reaction score
I went into Veh special 1 and Veh spec 2 i changed to Sport but there is no change i still have the 1500 logo . I have the smallest screen they put on the BH so not sure if this is why..?

Ryno

Reaction score
I went into Veh special 1 and Veh spec 2 i changed to Sport but there is no change i still have the 1500 logo . I have the smallest screen they put on the BH so not sure if this is why..?
Yeah, I think this only works for the larger displays.

Users who are viewing this thread