5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered the cable and interface off of AMAZON (thanks for posting the links, appreciate it!)
Intend to use it as most of you are using it, but I do have a question I cannot find an answer to. My search keeps coming up empty.

Would it possible to make changes to the USB configuration with the Alpha OBD? No matter which port I plug into, my Uconnect will not recognize any devices when plugged in. They will charge when plugged in, but when I try to select it as the source, nothing.
Seems it would be a simple programming change...well would HOPE it is a simple programming thing. I really do not know.
Dealer said they would need the truck to stay in for a few days to diagnose the issue. Really?

Per window sticker, the truck initially came with full media ports front and back, but after option upgrades to the package build, it deleted the "media" portion of the usb's, and every usb port in the truck is a "charge only" port.
Probably the most irritating thing about this truck. So many ports, all of them only charge...ugh...
Just a shot in the dark, what cables are you using, and have you tried different cables?

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark, what cables are you using, and have you tried different cables?
Yes, I have tried a multitude of cables, as well as numerous phones and devices. Thought maybe my Note 8 wasn’t compatible. Wife’s new Galaxy S21 no connect either.

Luis1275

Reaction score
I activated my performance and offroad pages today, and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. I've read most of this thread, which is probably why it went well. I wasn't expecting all the features to work, but almost everything does!!! I didn't think my truck would have accelerometers, inclinometers, or timers, but it apparently does. The only think so far that isn't working is the oil temp guage on the off-road page, but it works fine on the performance page. If this is already known to be working on the 22 models, sorry for making a big deal about it, but I haven't seen anyone post about it. Attaching some pics to prove I'm not delusional - and yes I'm aware that my 0-60 time won't impress anyone!

My truck is stock, other than the 3 Alpha OBD settings to enable the pages.

Cheers,
019cae37b4cdc6b70b81c79deb9ed58b.jpg
e3996998f4de5cf965d92e7a9342e437.jpg
17125e43adfdb6bae45449879f133ce6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
So what did you enable on alfaobd. A little tutorial would be nice.

Tatanka_ram

Reaction score
I have followed this thread, compiled SGW cable + the OBDlink Mx+.

issues i have
- wont allow me to purchase license to get out of demo mode
- SGW mod has no power to the OBD link

could there be something i am missing

Luis1275

Reaction score

issues i have

I have all that just need to know what to enable on Alfa. Can’t seem to find it here.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

issues i have

Are you trying to use the windows version of Android?

Ibanez540r

Reaction score

issues i have

You do know the Demo version and the paid version are actually two separate apps? You have to download the paid version, you cannot "upgrade" in the Demo app.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score

issues i have

Issue 1: [email protected] email Alexey for Alfa support and tell him your issue. He will help you.
Issue 2: Maybe a bad cable, I have seen posts about that happening. If you aren't even getting power to the module, I would suggest getting another cable.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with connecting the AlfaOBD via Bluetooth now after the recent update? I’m reading there are issues now. I’m fixing to purchase but don’t want to waste the money if the program is no longer working.

swing4terps

Reaction score
Is there any way to get a discernable list of your config other than going one by one and hitting start to see current setting? The config file is just a bunch of letters and numbers.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any way to get a discernable list of your config other than going one by one and hitting start to see current setting? The config file is just a bunch of letters and numbers.
That’s your backup file, used as a restore point. What you’re looking for is to read the system ID in the faults/status section (battery icon in the lower right while connected to BCM on android version)

Shawn84

Reaction score
I can get my android version to work with my cheap BAFX Bluetooth adapter now. But my OBDLink EX USB still isn't working. I'm in an email chain with AlfaOBD about it. I need to send in a debug file for them to analyze.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Read through most of this thread, still flipping through the pages of useful info, but have been experiencing a multitude of issues just trying to get off the ground.

1) Returned a faulty BAFX adapter that wouldn't transmit a BT signal.
2) got new BAFX adapter, AlphaOBD sees it, and connects, but any time I get deeper into the menu, I get ECU verification failed message attached.
3) Read back a bunch of pages about having the most up to date application, and my system reads
USA-SBX-12.1-PR-39.62.0.20210504-PFRM.
So I believe I need to be at 39.7 now, BUT...
4) the uconnect site says I am up to date, and I cannot find how to get to 39.7.

What am I missing here?
Sorry, but my mind is in weekend mode, so processing is slower than normal. Appreciate any help and/or guidance. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 363118B5-D27A-4995-9803-624746A37F2E.jpeg
    363118B5-D27A-4995-9803-624746A37F2E.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 62

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Read through most of this thread, still flipping through the pages of useful info, but have been experiencing a multitude of issues just trying to get off the ground.

1) Returned a faulty BAFX adapter that wouldn't transmit a BT signal.
2) got new BAFX adapter, AlphaOBD sees it, and connects, but any time I get deeper into the menu, I get ECU verification failed message attached.

Why are you trying to connect to that module? Connect to the BCM unless you're trying to reset codes and then just bypass the verification error.

3) Read back a bunch of pages about having the most up to date application, and my system reads
USA-SBX-12.1-PR-39.62.0.20210504-PFRM.
So I believe I need to be at 39.7 now, BUT...
4) the uconnect site says I am up to date, and I cannot find how to get to 39.7.

Uconnect site is garbage, you need to get the update OTA (automatic) or put the upgrade file folder on a USB stick.

What am I missing here?
Sorry, but my mind is in weekend mode, so processing is slower than normal. Appreciate any help and/or guidance. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Don't use white text in your crayola sig, those using light theme don't see it.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why are you trying to connect to that module? Connect to the BCM unless you're trying to reset codes and then just bypass the verification error.

Uconnect site is garbage, you need to get the update OTA (automatic) or put the upgrade file folder on a USB stick.

P.S. Don't use white text in your crayola sig, those using light theme don't see it.
Appreciate the link to the update file.
Will load once I get a chance.

AlphaOBD is all new to me, and I was following a set of instructions I guess incorrectly, by your response. I will continue to learn up. Have a wonderful day.

Users who are viewing this thread