5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

gmcadams

Reaction score
Just to expand for general info:
CBC stands for central body controller, which is the BCM. When in car configuration change, you’ll notice everything sectioned into vehicle configurations1-8, ECU configurations 3-18, etc. CBC Features are mostly lighting features, with the LED lighting settings toggling on or off the PWM to the various exterior lights, and the behaviors of various lights.
CBC Config I/O section has to do directly with turning on or off the various pins on the BCM connector ports (inputs and outputs). There are 7 connectors on the BCM labeled A-G, and all the wires going into the connectors go to numbered pins. So, if you were to install the hood latch switch for remote start, the hood ajar sense wire goes to BCM connector C1/A- pin 11, and you would turn on pin A-11.
CBC Config I/O Usage section defines what exactly the use of certain BCM connector pins are that might have multiple functions. These BCMs are shared with multiple stellantis vehicles, so what a certain pin does on a Ram, might do something else on a Pacifica.
thank you!

gmcadams

Reaction score
When you open alfaOBD and get into the vihicke configuration change list, there is a "search" box at the top. Just type in fog lamp into the search bar and hit search. The option will show up.
thank you

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are we able to pull the last time the oil life indicator was reset in Alfa? Just a question that popped into my head.

titan3636

Reaction score
No, they both plug into the same security gateway connectors and do the same thing. There is a difference between what interface you get, though. If you get any interface besides the OBDLink MX+ or EX, then it won’t be able to connect to any modules that are on the IHS bus without using another adapter. Some of these would be the radio, hvac module, CVPM, door modules. They’ll connect to the BCM and make changes, which is what most people with AlfaOBD do, but they are limited if you want to diagnose any issues with the IHS bus modules.
so the $20 Amazon interface will not work in adding the performance & offroad pages to the uconnect4? what other adapter would be needed to be able to change everything if you do not have the MX+ ? Thanks!!

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I have and use the exact one you linked (BAXF). I was able to get the Performance and Off Road pages just fine. I ended up turning off the performance pages, since most of it doesn't work anyway. I really just wanted the Temperature all on one screen for when I am towing. I also didn't like the blank screens in the EVIC and those are not there without the performance pages.

titan3636

Reaction score
I have and use the exact one you linked (BAXF). I was able to get the Performance and Off Road pages just fine. I ended up turning off the performance pages, since most of it doesn't work anyway. I really just wanted the Temperature all on one screen for when I am towing. I also didn't like the blank screens in the EVIC and those are not there without the performance pages.
thx for the fast reply, is there anything that you have found that you cannot do or access with the BAXF that the MX+ does? just trying to figure out of there is any reason to drop 4x the $ amount on the MX+ for no reason.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Not yet, but I have only made small changes, like changing the DRL location, tire size calibration, and enabling the off-road pages.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome! Can you post the correct alphaobd changes needed for this?
Mine will be here today and can’t wait to make some changes.
Amber Turn Signals as DRL's:
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location - Turn Signal DRL
CustSetMenu 1 daytime running lights CSM Present - Yes
or
Make sure to turn DRL's to ON in the Uconnect settings.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those wondering what separated lighting brake lamp dropout turned off (CBC Features: Separated Lighting Brake Lamp Dropout: No) looks like with the LED tails…

View attachment 124569
This is what people fail to realize when they install factory LEDs on the halogen equipped truck, and claim it’s plug n play. That setting is set to “no” on halogen tails trucks, and they never realize that their turn signals aren’t operating correctly like above because the setting gets changed to yes for LED tail equipped trucks.

Edmontonram

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows which module to connect to for the blind spot monitoring? Having an issue where I keep getting vehicle health reports of issues with the BSM, wanted to look into it but can find it anywhere in Alfa.

bddfb950212e1d82c5b6b492912cd6fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows which module to connect to for the blind spot monitoring? Having an issue where I keep getting vehicle health reports of issues with the BSM, wanted to look into it but can find it anywhere in Alfa.

bddfb950212e1d82c5b6b492912cd6fc.jpg

You would connect to object detection in the list of modules. You can only connect to those if you have an MX+ or EX interface.

Edmontonram

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy, will go have a look. I have the MX+.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what people fail to realize when they install factory LEDs on the halogen equipped truck, and claim it’s plug n play. That setting is set to “no” on halogen tails trucks, and they never realize that their turn signals aren’t operating correctly like above because the setting gets changed to yes for LED tail equipped trucks.
I need to double check mine again for this. Someone brought this up to me after I did the LED taillight swap on mine. I tested this when sitting in the truck with my foot on the brakes while viewing my taillights from my security camera and everything appeared fine, but I'd like to retest with eyes actually on the taillights to see. I went from halogen to LED so I'm sure I'll need to make the change in AlfaOBD. Appreciate the info.

Users who are viewing this thread