5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I read through about half of this thread and could not find an answer, has anyone used the obd link ex usb cable with luck? I see it listed on the alfaobd site but wanted confirmation. I don’t have an android device and would rather use the cable with my computer. I am new to the ram platform, I’m coming from VW where we had a similar software which was called VAGCOM. Thank you!
https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-EX-FORScan-OBD-Adapter/dp/B081VQVD3F/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=36NM01KR1U3NH&keywords=obdlink+ex&qid=1644680495&sprefix=obdlink+ex,aps,234&sr=8-3
Yes, I use that cable with my laptop for AlfaOBD.

jdpanero

Reaction score
Ok, I've been spending weeks on one single problem and bought a laptop and AlfaOBD just for this. I changed from tow mirrors with cameras to small mirrors with cameras and it distorted my 360 view. I have looked at a number of threads and they say to calibrate my cameras with AlfaOBD, but I can't figure out how to make that happen in AlfaOBD. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you need to click on advanced and then select central vision processing module to connect to, then back to active diagnostic. There are 2 option, click on CVPM Service Calibration.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
The instructions I first read were not clear on either/or so I ended up buying both the bypass cable and security module. So far I’ve been able to do everything I need using just the bypass cable so I haven’t even opened the packaging on the security module.

relak

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the mirror turn signals to operate as side markers? I selected the option to turn them on but it doesn’t do anything, the mirror signals stay dark unless the blinkers are on. ‘22 TRX

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the mirror turn signals to operate as side markers? I selected the option to turn them on but it doesn’t do anything, the mirror signals stay dark unless the blinkers are on. ‘22 TRX
Can only be done with a after market kit. AlfaOBD has the option in the menu but it does not work.

Andrew0429

Reaction score
To those of you who use the windows AlfaOBD program, I am having trouble figuring out how to actually get to the dialogs where you change options (want to change the DRL location) I have the SGW bypass cable and am able to connect the software to the body computer no problem, just not sure where to go from there to get to the "CBC Features: DRL Location setting. Thank you for the help!

Draconicus Mechanicus

Reaction score
To those of you who use the windows AlfaOBD program, I am having trouble figuring out how to actually get to the dialogs where you change options (want to change the DRL location) I have the SGW bypass cable and am able to connect the software to the body computer no problem, just not sure where to go from there to get to the "CBC Features: DRL Location setting. Thank you for the help!
At the top of the window there's a red car with the hood up next to the words "Active Diagnostic". When you click on that, the screen should have some red words right above a drop-down menu box. Click that box, and scroll to the bottom. The first thing you should do is a configuration backup so you have something to reset your setting if you need to. Then to change things, select "Car configuration change" and make your modifications from there.

Andrew0429

Reaction score
At the top of the window there's a red car with the hood up next to the words "Active Diagnostic". When you click on that, the screen should have some red words right above a drop-down menu box. Click that box, and scroll to the bottom. The first thing you should do is a configuration backup so you have something to reset your setting if you need to. Then to change things, select "Car configuration change" and make your modifications from there.
Thank you! I will take a look at that this week! Is the configuration backup in the drop down menu as well?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried searching through the volumes of information here, but is there a setting to have the air suspension lower once in park? My Jeep has it and would be a nice feature to add.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried searching through the volumes of information here, but is there a setting to have the air suspension lower once in park? My Jeep has it and would be a nice feature to add.
From everything I have read, this is not something you are able to do with a settings change. Maybe an aftermarket part would do it.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I have the option to set this in my radio but it doesn’t seem to toggle.

I had the same feature on my 2017 and it would lower itself when I parked.

8bf0d158b822bab2bb88638b8074a529.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever figure out a way to get the timers to work? Jimmy, is it even possible?
Think we might be missing the g-forces sensor it needs. Not sure if that can be added on, or where it would even be located.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever figure out a way to get the timers to work? Jimmy, is it even possible?

Think we might be missing the g-forces sensor it needs. Not sure if that can be added on, or where it would even be located.
All of those sensors would be in the air bag control module (ORC), such as accelerometer, gyro, etc. There are two different part numbers for the ORC for 2021-2022, but only one part number for 2019-2020, so my best guess is the TRX has the different ORC module.

Andrew0429

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I tried changing the drl location to fogs today, it said process completed, I exited out of the program and turned the ignition to off and waited 5 minutes, I then tried to see if it worked and nothing, not even the usual low beam drl is active. The option is turned on in Uconnect, and I was in drive, e-brake off. Any insight would be appreciated, unless it needs more time to take effect? Thank you!

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys, so I tried changing the drl location to fogs today, it said process completed, I exited out of the program and turned the ignition to off and waited 5 minutes, I then tried to see if it worked and nothing, not even the usual low beam drl is active. The option is turned on in Uconnect, and I was in drive, e-brake off. Any insight would be appreciated, unless it needs more time to take effect? Thank you!
After you shut the ignition off, did you exit and lock the doors? If not, it may not have gone to sleep. You can resetting the ECU via alfa

Andrew0429

Reaction score
After you shut the ignition off, did you exit and lock the doors? If not, it may not have gone to sleep. You can resetting the ECU via alfa
I did exit the truck, I did not lock the doors however, should I just stay in the truck after switching the ignition off? And when I go back into the drl location setting in alfa it says it took the change. Is there some other settings I should check to make sure they did not switch?

Users who are viewing this thread